Pediatric Nursing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Topics for Sexuality

+47
eliz san diego
Sydrick Gutierrez
shine ibay
Hazel Anne Santos
ralph121289
Gino Angelo Aloc
bino
christellejolie
Patty Angeles
jaderamirez
Artesa Lim
janjan
jennifer mateo
elenorelopez
gail beligrado
mirzi sarte
dleai_17
jamestorres
camille
DR Balbuena 3-C
maurie lucas
Raffiel Jacinto
AngelicaRaymundo
Andrea Patricia M. Viray
JO ANNE MARIE A. TORAL
mitoooo
Allan Atienza
cez_prettygirl12
wyzzah
Juan Paulo Zamora
julienne sanga
maanlim
airoe28
pocholosantos
karla15
melabianca
Emmanuel vidal
anikka suba
jeanreyes
aliza hanna
clairiesincuya
beatriztalingting
pierreangelisuravilla
emsantos
jackycruiz
maalexandriavelasco
meyen
51 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Topics for Sexuality - Page 2 Empty Re: Topics for Sexuality

Post  Juan Paulo Zamora Sat Feb 07, 2009 6:26 pm

I agree to what VIDAL said. Because if you are not circumcised you will be treated as a gay. People will make fun of you and your self confidence will definitely go down. An uncircumcised person will have a hard time picking up girls, this is due to the fact that circumcision is the sign of true manhood. As to our culture, Many sexual experience for men exhibit badges but if girls find out that you are "supot", it will definitely a big turn off to the guy and you will end up in shame Very Happy .

Juan Paulo Zamora
III-E

Juan Paulo Zamora

Back to top Go down

Topics for Sexuality - Page 2 Empty Should contraceptives and birth control information be made available to minors through school clinics? If so, at what age should they be available?

Post  wyzzah Sun Feb 08, 2009 7:18 am

pocholosantos wrote:I think it is a good step, that will help our country to control the increasing birth of filipinos to date. As long as it will be for the greater good, i will supoort it,...
1. It can somehow manage the increasing population,
2. the transfer of STIs will be lessen.

= I know Miss Ruiz pointed that its as if that we are promoting sex..,, but the question is,, what will to those persons that are uninformed diba? they will commit more serious consequences, one i can think of is abortion,,,, diba? its more serious because you are killing another life, and somehow at this early stage it can be reinforced to these young ones that sex is not a game, it can cause serious consequences that promt actions should be made or somethings that should not be done at an early stage....,

I think it should be available as early 11 years old......,, because this is the stage where in children are physiologically developing and curiosity develops at each other...,, and i can say that through my expericence...

I see your point and respect your opinion Smile but I think I agree with what Ms. Ruiz had stated. You are talking about the uninformed, and she was talking about educating them. I think educating them of the consequences is more appropriate than making contraceptives available at school clinics. It is true that one serious issue related to premarital sex is unwanted pregnancy and abortion. But if you look deeper, minors should not be engaging themselves into premarital sex. Thus, abortion IDEALLY should not be a problem for minors. Although society today has been liberated, I still think that once people are informed, they are held liable for their own actions. As what you've stated, making contraceptives available to minors will reinforce the young ones that sex is not a game. It may be true for some but in my opinion, it is more like saying 'sex is okay as long as you avoid the consequences such as abortion, STDs, etc.'. Moreover, I think people should stop using curiosity, family problems or peer pressure as excuses in engaging to premarital sex. Smile

ANNA LUISA O. ARGAO, BSN3E

wyzzah

Back to top Go down

Post  cez_prettygirl12 Sun Feb 08, 2009 10:38 am

15) In your opinion, is there a prescribed age for a person to start engaging in sexual activities, like sexual intercourse? What are your basis for the prescription in the age? What is your view on teenagers engaging in sexual activities?

In my personal opinion, there is no particular age on when to start engaging in sexual activities. I mean, it still shoudn't be done until you are mature. Enough to be responsible for any act and most of all it is within the bond of marriage. Being engaged into sexual intercourse means being responsible and in the case of teenagers like us, I think it shouldn't be practiced. We as teenagers have this recklessness thing in us where mistakes are born. We are still dependent, to our parents and the society. Maybe some would say that they were protected by the way, by condoms or pills? I think that is not safe to say, it is still a risk to try. Furthermore, love should exist within the act. Sex shouldn't be thought as a pleasurable act instead it should be respected because it means you're taking your relationship into the next level. Being married, mature and responsible. That's ought to be! lol!

cez_prettygirl12

Back to top Go down

Post  Allan Atienza Wed Feb 11, 2009 2:05 pm

Allan M. Atienza Sec.III-B
6) The text states that in ancient times a menstruating woman was regarded as unclean and dangerous and that, even today, many couples avoid having intercourse while a woman is menstruating. What are the reasons for these negative values? What are your views about this statement?

In ancient times a menstruating woman was regarded as unclean and dangerous and that, even today, many couples avoid having intercourse while a woman is menstruating. The blood itself turns some people off. Menstrual discharge is mostly blood, but also mucous, fragments of uterine lining, & cells from the lining of the vagina. Menstruation blood is different from the blood circulating in the woman’s body, as it can’t clot, because it must pass through the cervix & out of the body without coagulating.

My views about the statement are: 1) there’s no reason why healthy couples should not engage in sex during a woman's menstrual period. 2) It’s important to point out that if the man/woman have sexually transmitted diseases (STD) or don’t know that they have STD health status for certain they should avoid sexual activities while the woman is having menstruation since that increases the risk of transmitting STD.

Allan Atienza

Back to top Go down

Topics for Sexuality - Page 2 Empty BULANHAGUI, AMITONI L. BSN III B Group 1

Post  mitoooo Fri Feb 13, 2009 3:35 am

Is it possible to tell children too much about sex when they ask questions? Should all questions be answered or are there some things that children should not be told until they are older? Provide a sample outline of what you think should be taught at certain age levels.

In my own opinion, question about sex is really a challenge when children ask about it. Depending on the age of a child and your comfort level with discussing these topics, answers can be varied but should always be truthful to avoid confusion and mistrust later on. Children go through a period of curiosity and concern about sexual identity, and they have good questions about it. Keep answers short and simple for them; go into no more detail than the child asks for. Sometimes asking a question to check on your child's comprehension may turn up an area that needs clarification. The best strategy is to try to answer questions kindly and calmly, keep it simple to avoid follow up questions , it must be short and uncomplicated. A child may ask his mother pertaining to their body parts. You should explain what private parts are and what body privacy means. While children are young, parents should teach their children that private parts are private and that nobody else should touch them. This is also a good time to let children know that they should come to you or another trusted adult if anyone does try to touch their private parts. When discussing body functions and sex with children, try to treat the conversations calmly and honestly. If children sense that we are uncomfortable or avoid the topic of sex, they may be less likely to come to us with problems and questions later on.

mitoooo

Back to top Go down

Topics for Sexuality - Page 2 Empty 12) Should contraceptives and birth control information be made available to minors through school clinics? If so, at what age should they be available?

Post  JO ANNE MARIE A. TORAL Fri Feb 13, 2009 1:58 pm

Nowadays, the practice of pre-marital sex is very rampant and as the years go by, younger age groups are actually doing "it" (engaging in pre-marital sex). The rate of teenage pregnancy is increasing each year and it's very alarming. Measures should be done to prevent this phenomenon from getting out of hand. I do believe that the only sure method is to educate the youth in regards with the use of contraceptives or birth control methods. With adequate knowledge, ignorance is eradicated. I think it would be most appropriate to introduce this to the adolescent age group (12-18 years of age). Sleep

JO ANNE MARIE A. TORAL

Back to top Go down

Topics for Sexuality - Page 2 Empty In your opinion, is there a prescribed age for a person to start engaging in sexual activities, like sexual intercourse? What are your basis for the prescription in the age? What is your view on teenagers engaging in sexual activities?

Post  Andrea Patricia M. Viray Fri Feb 13, 2009 2:29 pm

According to a report published in the September 2002 issue of the Journal of Adolescent Health, teenagers who have close relationships with their mothers are more likely to delay the onset of sexual intercourse than teens who are not close to their mothers. In relation to this, I also believe that the stronger foundation of family values one has, the greater resistance he/she will have against untimely sexual activity. Moreover, I stand on having no prescribed age in engaging on sexual activities since it greatly depends if one has already been married. I believe that many factors are considered before one engages in sexual activities. Religion, culture and values are some of the few that nullifies the age factor.

Andrea Patricia M. Viray

Back to top Go down

Topics for Sexuality - Page 2 Empty Angelica Raymundo III-C

Post  AngelicaRaymundo Sat Feb 14, 2009 2:27 am

15) In your opinion, is there a prescribed age for a person to start engaging in sexual activities, like sexual intercourse? What are your basis for the prescription in the age? What is your view on teenagers engaging in sexual activities?
In my own opinion there should be a prescribed age for an individual to engage in such activity. Because it has its pros and cons. Some say that the good side of it is that you will have “acceptance from the people around you” (Which for me, is not something that is important…Why will you please others to be accepted? Why will you try to fit in with those kinds of people?) And another one is that you will have some sort of fulfillment (sexually). On the other hand… the dark side of it is possible pregnancy; you can acquire diseases, and GUILT or FEAR (Why will you choose something over tons of Fear and Guilt?) For me the right age would be the age where in, you have your own stable job, you are able to pay for your bills and necessities; you’re not dependent on your parents anymore, and if you can face any of the consequences that you might have by yourself.
My basis for the prescription is the world it self. “Some” young people now are struggling because of what they have done. Some can’t even take it and almost all regret it. I’ve met a lot of mature individuals and the thing that they keep on saying (when it comes to sexual activities) is that “you don’t need to fit in, there’s a right time for everything.
Being able to halt or take a grip when ever there is a “calling” for that certain activity is a sign of discipline and strength. People who are able to control are mature individuals. Because they know they need to complete themselves first (Centrum complete? hahahah!) and that they don’t need others to complete them. (Because if we let other people complete us… what will happen if they disappear? “We’re not complete again”) it’s better to be complete if you are engaging yourself to it, so no matter what happen… if the person you are with decided to leave you, you are still standing whole.

AngelicaRaymundo

Back to top Go down

Post  pocholosantos Sat Feb 14, 2009 3:13 am

wyzzah wrote:
pocholosantos wrote:I think it is a good step, that will help our country to control the increasing birth of filipinos to date. As long as it will be for the greater good, i will supoort it,...
1. It can somehow manage the increasing population,
2. the transfer of STIs will be lessen.

= I know Miss Ruiz pointed that its as if that we are promoting sex..,, but the question is,, what will to those persons that are uninformed diba? they will commit more serious consequences, one i can think of is abortion,,,, diba? its more serious because you are killing another life, and somehow at this early stage it can be reinforced to these young ones that sex is not a game, it can cause serious consequences that promt actions should be made or somethings that should not be done at an early stage....,

I think it should be available as early 11 years old......,, because this is the stage where in children are physiologically developing and curiosity develops at each other...,, and i can say that through my expericence...

I see your point and respect your opinion Smile but I think I agree with what Ms. Ruiz had stated. You are talking about the uninformed, and she was talking about educating them. I think educating them of the consequences is more appropriate than making contraceptives available at school clinics. It is true that one serious issue related to premarital sex is unwanted pregnancy and abortion. But if you look deeper, minors should not be engaging themselves into premarital sex. Thus, abortion IDEALLY should not be a problem for minors. Although [society today has been liberated I still think that once people are informed, they are held liable for their own actions. As what you've stated, making contraceptives available to minors will reinforce the young ones that sex is not a game. It may be true for some but in my opinion, it is more like saying 'sex is okay as long as you avoid the consequences such as abortion, STDs, etc.'. Moreover, I think people should stop using curiosity, family problems or peer pressure as excuses in engaging to premarital sex. Smile

ANNA LUISA O. ARGAO, BSN3E

----
I can see see your point miss Argao....,,
-- its not making the contraceptives available but information regarding those should be made available, sa school> if you look into our present situation, as what miss Toral already stated that their is an increasing incidence of adolescent who are pregnant because of PMS.
-- yep ideally but PRACTICALITY wise, i think,information about contraceptives should be made available...
in this situation values, are the primary roles in this aspect, diba?? so can we do anything about it, ?? almost wala, kasi its within their family, they are the ones who will decide if they will do it. all we can do,, is preventing the teens from gathering more serious complications..., kaya nga sabi mo diba... "Society today has been liberated", lets talk about the results here ==== so do you think ideally,, teaching them about the consequences of their acts would bring change to the escalating number unwanted teenage pregnancy today,will it be lowered?, or the practicality of giving them the information in controlling and preventing it by the use of these contraceptives....

share me your insights,,,.. about this,, baka mali din kasi ako eh, hehe
SANTOS, POCHOLO D. III-E

pocholosantos

Back to top Go down

Topics for Sexuality - Page 2 Empty Should contraceptives and birth control information be made available to minors through school clinics? If so, at what age should they be available?

Post  Raffiel Jacinto Sat Feb 14, 2009 5:42 am

Should contraceptives and birth control information be made available to minors through school clinics? If so, at what age should they be available?

The degree and rate of sexual activities among adolescents have increased during the last decade. The percentage of adolescent girls ages 15-19 years who have premarital sex have increased to 20% (sunstar.com.ph). In the Philippines, the incidence of premarital sex in persons 15-24 years of age is 18% in males and 10% in females.

With this statistics, it only shows that premarital is very rampant which could result to unwanted pregnancy and acquiring Sexually transmitted disease. In my opinion, since some minors nowadays are engaging with sexual intercourse without the benefit of marriage, there should be an available contraceptives and birth control information available through clinics. However, these contraceptives and birth control information should be given adolescents whose age ranges from 15 to 19. It is not that it will encourage sexual experimentation but the fact that adolescents are said to be curious, I think it is better for them to be educated during this stage, since not only do the hormones work overtime, but there are physical changes too that are taking place in the body structure; particularly so in the sex organs, making the teenager curious to explore these changes. I believe that these could help in such a way that it would be a safety measure in case they would be engage in such activity. It is better to be safe than sorry.

Raffiel Jacinto

Back to top Go down

Topics for Sexuality - Page 2 Empty 5) Apart from religion, what other factors might contribute to parents deciding whether or not to have a baby boy circumcised?

Post  maurie lucas Sat Feb 14, 2009 6:21 am

Apart from religion, i think one of the factors that really affect the decisions of the parents is their cultural background... Idea Tribal traditions - Circumcision is part of the initiation rite in a number of African and Australian Aboriginal tribal traditions. Among some West African animist groups, such as the Dogon and Dowayo, it is taken to represent a removal of "feminine" aspects of the male, turning boys into fully masculine males. Among Nilotic peoples, such as the Nandi, circumcision is a rite of passage observed collectively by a number of boys every few years, and boys circumcised at the same time are taken to be members of a single age set. Aboriginal circumcision ceremonies, which also constitute a rite of passage, are noted for their painful nature, including subincision for some tribes. (peacefulbeginnings.org/circumcision)
and also i agree to what other people stated about this question.... it is true that knowledge of the parents regarding the procedure does affect their decisions... if they are informed of the possible complications and benefits of the procedure may bring to their child.

Maurie N. Lucas
BSN III - E

maurie lucas

Back to top Go down

Topics for Sexuality - Page 2 Empty Maurie N. Lucas... BSN III - E

Post  maurie lucas Sat Feb 14, 2009 6:36 am

I think a person should engage in sexual activity when he / she is at least 25 - 30 years old already... the basis for my opinion is the fact that, if people engage too young, their are not physically, financially, and emotionally ready for engaging in such activity because what if for an instance that sexual intercourse would lead to pregnancy and if a child is only lets say 14 years old, physically she is not yet ready in carrying a baby, and both of them are not yet ready financially...
my view in teenagers engaging sexual activities. some people or some teenager engage in such activity due to curiosity and media is a big factor in developing such mind. and some people are immature enough to decide if they are doing the right thing because some teenager would do it just to prove how much they love a person but for me doing such thing just to prove that is really not the right thing to do because loving a person means respecting that person and not just giving your body....

Maurie N. Lucas
BSN III - E

maurie lucas

Back to top Go down

Post  maurie lucas Sat Feb 14, 2009 6:54 am

Should contraceptives and birth control information be made available to minors through school clinics? If so, at what age should they be available?

as i read the previous response regarding this topic... i think both of you are right... but i guess its just a misinterpretation to the both side... because as i read and understand the statement of Ms. Ruiz and Ms. Argao they are pointing out the fact that contraceptive and birth control pills shouldn't be available in school clinics while what Mr. Santos is saying the information about it should be available...

in my point of view like what i've said earlier i agree to what all of you have said... because educating the children as early as they start menstruating or capable of having a baby would prevent further damage such as unwanted pregnancy, abortion, sti and our country being overpopulated... and also not giving them an access in the contraceptive and pills because some teenager would really agree on the fact that as long as they have condoms in their pockets they can engage in pre marital sex which is morally not right for me...

Maurie N. Lucas
BSN III - E

maurie lucas

Back to top Go down

Post  maurie lucas Sat Feb 14, 2009 7:00 am

13.) Does listening to popular music and watching music videos with explicit sexual lyrics and actions increase the likelihood that teenagers will become sexually active? Why or why not?

I agree with Ms. Suravilla have said that media is indeed a very strong medium that influence everybody especially the teenagers... but i think it still depends on the person whether he / she would do what he / she have heard and see on the media... it is where how the parents have develop the values of the teenagers... because i do believe that if the youth today have a good foundation they wouldn't be that easy to be affected by what is happening today...

maurie lucas

Back to top Go down

Topics for Sexuality - Page 2 Empty Should children be encouraged to use the correct terms about sexual anatomy or are slang words good enough? If slang words are used, are some more appropriate than others?

Post  DR Balbuena 3-C Sat Feb 14, 2009 7:24 am

I think that children should be encouraged to use the correct terms about sexual anatomy because these are accepted terms. Usage of correct terms can avoid malice and awkwardness. Correct terms like penis and vagina are far more acceptable to the ears instead of the slang words dick and pussy (we're all mature here people). Knowing the slang words isn't bad though. They're just nice to know but they shouldn't be used in everyday conversations. Again, correct terms should be encouraged. rendeer

DR Balbuena 3-C

Back to top Go down

Topics for Sexuality - Page 2 Empty Apart from religion, what other factors might contribute to parents deciding whether or not to have a baby boy circumcised?

Post  camille Sat Feb 14, 2009 7:42 am

5) Apart from religion, what other factors might contribute to parents deciding whether or not to have a baby boy circumcised?

by Camille Pauline Marentes BSN III-E

Circumcision is an ancient practice that has its origin in religious rites even until today many parents have their sons circumcised for religious or other reasons.

Studies conducted before 1988 regarding circumcision showed that parents decide to have their children circumcised based on their choice or concerns relating to hygiene and appearance and religion is not a significant factor regarding their decision making. (http://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/417830_3)

Other factors such as culture, social, medical and personal preference, will also have an impact in the decision making.

Circumcision is part of initiation rites in some African, Pacific Islander, and Australian aboriginal traditions in areas such as Arnhem Land,where the practice was introduced by Makassan traders from Sulawesi in the Indonesian Archipelago. In the Pacific, ritual circumcision is nearly universal in the Melanesian islands of Fiji and Vanuatu;participation in the traditional land diving on Pentecost Island is reserved for those who have been circumcised.Circumcision is also commonly practiced in the Polynesian islands of Samoa, Tonga, Niue, and Tikopia. In Samoa it is accompanied by a celebration.Among some West African animist groups, such as the Dogon and Dowayo, circumcision is taken to represent a removal of "feminine" aspects of the male, turning boys into fully masculine males.Among the Urhobo of southern Nigeria it is symbolic of a boy entering into manhood. The ritual expression, Omo te Oshare ("the boy is now man"), constitutes a rite of passage from one age set to another.(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Circumcision)

Some of the medical reasons parents of male infants choose circumcision are to protect against infections of the urinary tract and the foreskin, prevent cancer, lower the risk of getting sexually transmitted diseases, and prevent phimosis (a tightening of the foreskin that may close the opening of the penis).

camille

Back to top Go down

Topics for Sexuality - Page 2 Empty 12.

Post  wyzzah Sat Feb 14, 2009 7:51 am

pocholosantos wrote:
----
I can see see your point miss Argao....,,
-- its not making the contraceptives available but information regarding those should be made available, sa school> if you look into our present situation, as what miss Toral already stated that their is an increasing incidence of adolescent who are pregnant because of PMS.
-- yep ideally but PRACTICALITY wise, i think,information about contraceptives should be made available...
in this situation values, are the primary roles in this aspect, diba?? so can we do anything about it, ?? almost wala, kasi its within their family, they are the ones who will decide if they will do it. all we can do,, is preventing the teens from gathering more serious complications..., kaya nga sabi mo diba... "Society today has been liberated", lets talk about the results here ==== so do you think ideally,, teaching them about the consequences of their acts would bring change to the escalating number unwanted teenage pregnancy today,will it be lowered?, or the practicality of giving them the information in controlling and preventing it by the use of these contraceptives....

share me your insights,,,.. about this,, baka mali din kasi ako eh, hehe
SANTOS, POCHOLO D. III-E

well explained, mr. santos... haha. Smile i just think that rather than educating them with the use of contraceptives, it's better for them to know the consequences. i think that what we should prioritize in educating minors is to prevent them from doing the act itself rather than preventing the consequences after doing what they should not be doing. this is just my opinion... i respect yours of course... hehehe. Smile

wyzzah

Back to top Go down

Topics for Sexuality - Page 2 Empty 15) In your opinion, is there a prescribed age for a person to start engaging in sexual activities, like sexual intercourse? What are your basis for the prescription in the age? What is your view on teenagers engaging in sexual activities?

Post  jamestorres Sat Feb 14, 2009 7:57 am

In my own opinion, there is a prescribed time to engage in sexual activities. The time to start sexual activities, is after you accept the Holy Matrimony. Because that is the only time that the Lord has blessed you. We all know that sex is not a form of recreational activity but rather a sacred act made for us to procreate.

In my own opinion about the teenagers who are now engaging in sexual activities are: (1) i think they are misguided, (2) curious about the things in life. we all know the growth and development of a teenager, they are curious about the things in life especially sex. But these people who are now engaged in sexual act. I think that they are misguided by their parents because the parents play a big role in the growth and development of a child.

JAMES TORRES 3-E

jamestorres

Back to top Go down

Topics for Sexuality - Page 2 Empty Bauza, Ken Marvin M. BSN 3E

Post  dleai_17 Sat Feb 14, 2009 8:25 am

In your opinion, is there a prescribed age for a person to start engaging in sexual activities, like sexual intercourse? What are your basis for the prescription in the age? What is your view on teenagers engaging in sexual activities

The world's population contains more young people than ever, with almost half under the age of 25 years. Millions every year enter their ‘reproductive age’. Many do this in a safe and controlled way, and manage to balance life goals, education and sexual maturity as essential positive elements of human life. However, in developing countries, many young people are exposed to the increasing risks of unprotected sexual practice, such as exposure to human immunodeficiency virus/acquired immunodeficiency syndrome, other sexually transmitted diseases, unwanted or unplanned pregnancies, sexual abuse and rape, and mental health problems related to unwanted sexual exposures. Some, especially the poor and uneducated, enter into sexual activities without proper information or access to protective services. There are cultural and moral reasons for this lack of information. Worldwide, evidence demonstrates that informed young people demonstrate more protective behaviour than uninformed young people.

It is important for the youth to undergo sex education for them to know the responsibilities underneath the "pleasure". There is no specific age for teenagers to engage in sexual activities. As long as they are ready and responsible enough to know the consequences and do the safety precautions, i don't plan on interfering with anybody. Of course, the Catholic Church would highly disagree with me because they want that one's virginity should only be given to the one you would marry but this line of thought is what i consider as obsolete.

BAUZA, KEN MARVIN M.
BSN 3E

dleai_17

Back to top Go down

Topics for Sexuality - Page 2 Empty In your opinion, is there a prescribed age for a person to start engaging in sexual activities, like sexual intercourse? What are your basis for the prescription in the age? What is your view on teenagers engaging in sexual activities?

Post  mirzi sarte Sat Feb 14, 2009 9:06 am

In my opinion, the most appropriate time for a sexual intercourse or activity should only be when to people have been married. Being in a catholic nation, sexual intercourse is sacred and should only be shared by two people bound by marriage. But nowadays, most couple engage in sexual intercourse even before marriage. And what's worse is that those who engage in premarital sex gets younger and younger. Teenagers lacks knowledge about the effects of premarital sex and the consequences that they might face in engaging to sexual activities.

Mirzi Lougella R. Sarte
BSN III-C

mirzi sarte

Back to top Go down

Topics for Sexuality - Page 2 Empty In your opinion, is there a prescribed age for a person to start engaging in sexual activities, like sexual intercourse? What are your basis for the prescription in the age? What is your view on teenagers engaging in sexual activities

Post  gail beligrado Sat Feb 14, 2009 9:14 am

I agree to the people who said that there is should be "marriage" before sexual intercourse.

i am not being "manang" or whatever. and with the generation right now, i think sexual intercourse is something that most teenagers would like to experience. (i did not say all, i just said most.. haha) anyway, but its not really the cream on the top of the relationship. lust is far different from love. you can love without lust. and you can lust without love.

yeah. as long as their ready and responsible to take any consequences behind the pleasure would be the best to say but when is that? when they are 15 years old and excited to have a child? when they are 12 years old and does not care because they have a 45-year-old soon-to-be-rich-husband waiting for them? or when they are 18 years old and so in love with their boyfriend? actually, giving an age limit to having sexual intercourse is not the best solution. MARRIAGE is. an 18 year old could be mature enough to face the consequences of her/his action and a 35 year old could be not mature enough to face the real world. it could be possible. if love is really overpowering a relationship, surely lust would be the least they could think of.

if they really could not wait to have sexual intercourse with their loved one, maybe they should get married. at least they have all the time in the world to do it. and not thinking of any consequences that would come in to the way. love can be expressed in different way. and sex is not the only solution. it would be different if you would engage with sexual intercourse out of commitment not out of pleasure right?

but i am not angry to the teenagers who do it. i mean its their choice. they should be happy with it. i just wish they make the best choices out of their free will. Wink

gail beligrado

Back to top Go down

Post  gail beligrado Sat Feb 14, 2009 9:28 am

I agree to the people who said that there is should be "marriage" before sexual intercourse.

i am not being "manang" or whatever. and with the generation right now, i think sexual intercourse is something that most teenagers would like to experience. (i did not say all, i just said most.. haha) anyway, but its not really the cream on the top of the relationship. lust is far different from love. you can love without lust. and you can lust without love.

yeah. as long as their ready and responsible to take any consequences behind the pleasure would be the best to say but when is that? when they are 15 years old and excited to have a child? when they are 12 years old and does not care because they have a 45-year-old soon-to-be-rich-husband waiting for them? or when they are 18 years old and so in love with their boyfriend? actually, giving an age limit to having sexual intercourse is not the best solution. MARRIAGE is. an 18 year old could be mature enough to face the consequences of her/his action and a 35 year old could be not mature enough to face the real world. it could be possible. if love is really overpowering a relationship, surely lust would be the least they could think of.

if they really could not wait to have sexual intercourse with their loved one, maybe they should get married. at least they have all the time in the world to do it. and not thinking of any consequences that would come in to the way. love can be expressed in different way. and sex is not the only solution. it would be different if you would engage with sexual intercourse out of commitment not out of pleasure right?

but i am not angry of the teenagers who do it. i mean its their choice. they should be happy with it. i just wish they make the best choices out of their free will.

gail beligrado

Back to top Go down

Topics for Sexuality - Page 2 Empty 14) Do boys and girls differ in how important "being in love" is to their becoming sexual with each other? Is the saying true that "boys fall in love in order to get sex, while girls give sex in order to get love?

Post  mirzi sarte Sat Feb 14, 2009 9:46 am

In my opinion, being in love doesn't mean you must and you will engage in sexual intercourse. Being in a relationship or being in love with someone should expressed with great respect with each other. If you are a man that really loves a woman you wont ask her to express it sexually. And if your a woman saying "NO" when a man is asking for it doesn't mean that you don't love him. Being in love can be shared by two people in a lot of different ways and not only through a sexual relationship. You can express your love for someone by patiently waiting for the proper time to engage in a sexual intercourse.

Mirzi Lougella R. Sarte
BSN III-C

mirzi sarte

Back to top Go down

Topics for Sexuality - Page 2 Empty 14) Do boys and girls differ in how important

Post  gail beligrado Sat Feb 14, 2009 10:01 am

this question is a bit unfair for both sides. honestly, it is not really innate among men or women. it is a choice. some men do that because they chose to do that. some girls are like that because-again, it is what they want.

i think the only difference is how they both express love.. it is not always the women who are expressive about their love. there are men who actually like "women" when it comes to love. it's just that, women are more touchy, meaning they express love with words, touch and others that they could think of. they are emotional when it comes to sharing what they could give to their loved one. and they're really eager to keep their loved one from not leaving them and loving them as far as it could be.

"being sexual with each other" is something that both parties have agreed on (if one of them did not, it would be sexual harassment right?) if that's because of love or pleasure, it would be their choice. we should not blame some men for being "sex maniac" or the women for being... "persevering". again it is a matter of choice.

men could view love as important as women do, and they could be deeply in love if they really are, there are just different ways to show that you are in love. different ways that may or may not involve sexual intercourse. we have the free will. we just have to use it well.

-gail beligrado, BSN 3-E

gail beligrado

Back to top Go down

Topics for Sexuality - Page 2 Empty LOPEZ, ELENORE MARIEN V. BSN III-E

Post  elenorelopez Sat Feb 14, 2009 10:15 am

In my opinion, the best source to know the prescribed age for a person to start engaging in sexual activities, like sexual intercourse is no other than the Bible. The Bible is our way of life which guides us in knowing what is right from what is wrong so it is just right to see where the Bible stands regarding this matter. Based on the article I've read, from http://www.crosswalk.com/510492/, this is what the Bible says about sex:

The Bible is filled with lots of info about sex, and believe it or not, God thinks it's a great idea! And why shouldn't He, He invented it. But, just as it would be unwise to ice skate on a lake in the middle of summer, it's also unwise to have sex with anyone who's not your wife.

Why? There are tons of practical, common sense reasons that have significant consequences. Some consequences include dealing with the possibility of pregnancy, acquiring or sharing a sexually transmitted disease, and the most underrated -- but possibly most impacting -- are the emotional issues that sexually active teens struggle with and take into their marriage.

But you asked for biblical evidence, so let's look at the following verses:

Hebrews 13:4 says, "Marriage should be honored by everyone, and husband and wife should keep their marriage pure. God will judge as guilty those who take part in sexual sins."

1 Thessalonians 4:3,4,7 says, "God wants you to be holy and to stay away from sexual sins. He wants each of you to learn to control your own body in a way that is holy and honorable ... God called us to be holy and does not want us to live in sin."

1 Corinthians 6:18-20 encourages us to "Run away from sexual sin. Every
other sin people do is outside their bodies, but those who sin sexually sin against their own bodies. You should know that your body is a temple for the Holy Spirit who is in you. You have received the Holy Spirit from God. So you do not belong to yourselves, because you were bought by God for a price. So honor God with your bodies."

Pretty heavy stuff! But remember, God is not down on fun, and He's not down on sex. Instead, He's down on pain. And He knows that if we pursue anything outside of His guidelines, we will suffer consequences. Here's the good part. Because of God's love for us, He has established sexual guidelines that will increase our sexual pleasure. Yup, when a husband and wife do things God's way, they can enjoy some great sex!

And so until you're married, God wants you to pursue and love Him, and to honor and love your current girlfriend and your future spouse by waiting to have sex until you're married.

Sure, you've already had sex, but you can begin waiting today. And sure, maybe sexual sin is something you've struggled with for a long time and don't think you can just stop. So how about taking a first step and asking for God's help? Are you willing to do that?

This was the article, I've read about engaging in sexual activities. So for me, there is really no prescribed age where a person can start. Any time a person can engage in sexual activities AS LONG AS he/she and his/her partner are already MARRIED. While my opinion about teenagers engaging in sexual activities is that it is never too late to stop now. They should learn how to control themselves and keep in mind that their body is a temple for the holy spirit. There is a time for things like that so one should be patient. After all, patience is a virtue! =D

elenorelopez

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next