Pediatric Nursing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Topics for Sexuality

+47
eliz san diego
Sydrick Gutierrez
shine ibay
Hazel Anne Santos
ralph121289
Gino Angelo Aloc
bino
christellejolie
Patty Angeles
jaderamirez
Artesa Lim
janjan
jennifer mateo
elenorelopez
gail beligrado
mirzi sarte
dleai_17
jamestorres
camille
DR Balbuena 3-C
maurie lucas
Raffiel Jacinto
AngelicaRaymundo
Andrea Patricia M. Viray
JO ANNE MARIE A. TORAL
mitoooo
Allan Atienza
cez_prettygirl12
wyzzah
Juan Paulo Zamora
julienne sanga
maanlim
airoe28
pocholosantos
karla15
melabianca
Emmanuel vidal
anikka suba
jeanreyes
aliza hanna
clairiesincuya
beatriztalingting
pierreangelisuravilla
emsantos
jackycruiz
maalexandriavelasco
meyen
51 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Topics for Sexuality Empty Topics for Sexuality

Post  meyen Mon Feb 02, 2009 2:48 am

1) Choose a topic.
2) Discuss the topic per readings you have made and your own opinion on the topic.
3) Classmates will comment on the discussions you made.
4) Post the reply to the comments made by your classmate.
5) Reminder: observe professional ethics in the posting of your comments and replies.

Topics:

1) Textbooks state that sexuality has biological, psychological and social dimensions and that people engage in sex due to differing views. However, many individuals and religions take the position that only procreation justifies engaging in sexual activities. What do you personally believe in? Should sex be for procreation or recreation purposes as well? What are your influences for your views on this matter?
2) How do you think children should be taught about sexual anatomy? When should this teaching begin?
3) Should children be encouraged to use the correct terms about sexual anatomy or are slang words good enough? If slang words are used, are some more appropriate than others?
4) Is the uncircumcised male at a disadvantage in our culture? Why or why not?
5) Apart from religion, what other factors might contribute to parents deciding whether or not to have a baby boy circumcised?
6) The text states that in ancient times a menstruating woman was regarded as unclean and dangerous and that, even today, many couples avoid having intercourse while a woman is menstruating. What are the reasons for these negative values? What are your views about this statement?
7) Describe your idea of an ideal contraceptive method. What are the most essential criteria? What are additional features? Do any features exist which approximate this idea?
Cool How should parents respond when they become aware that their children are playing doctor or engaging in sexual activities with their playmates? What if the playmates are siblings? Does that make a difference in how parents should respond?
9) Is it possible to tell children too much about sex when they ask questions? Should all questions be answered or are there some things that children should not be told until they are older? Provide a sample outline of what you think should be taught at certain age levels.
10) The text reports that babies experience sexual pleasure and apparently may even masturbate to orgasm. What do you suppose this signifies? How should parents respond if their baby shows extreme annoyance if efforts are made to interrupt his or her masturbation of is such self-stimulation is done many times during the day?
11) Is there still a double standard regarding sexual activitiy of boys versus girls? Do teenagers still talk in terms of "Nice girls" versus "malandi girls"? Why is there no male counterpart to a "malandi"?
12) Should contraceptives and birth control information be made available to minors through school clinics? If so, at what age should they be available?
13) Does listening to popular music and watching music videos with explicit sexual lyrics and actions increase the likelihood that teenagers will become sexually active? Why or why not?
14) Do boys and girls differ in how important "being in love" is to their becoming sexual with each other? Is the saying true that "boys fall in love in order to get sex, while girls give sex in order to get love'?
15) In your opinion, is there a prescribed age for a person to start engaging in sexual activities, like sexual intercourse? What are your basis for the prescription in the age? What is your view on teenagers engaging in sexual activities?

(Some questions are based on the book "Human Sexuality" by Masters, Johnson and Kolodny)

meyen

Back to top Go down

Topics for Sexuality Empty MA. ALEXANDRIA VELASCO. BSN 3E

Post  maalexandriavelasco Tue Feb 03, 2009 9:58 am

5) Apart from religion, what other factors might contribute to parents deciding whether or not to have a baby boy circumcised?

Personally, I think that one of the factors that might contribute to parents deciding on whether or not to have their baby boy circumcised would be that the parents might lack knowledge about circumcision. They may not know what the health benefits would be if they would have their son circumcised and they may not also know the hazards of not having the procedure. So, they end up not got thru the procedure. Some parents even think that it’s just a waste of time and that it wouldn’t do anything if they don’t have their child circumcised. I think, in cases like this, we should do our part as nurses to educated parents what good it would bring if they go thru the procedure. But of course, we should not take for granted the cultural and religious aspect. Another factor would be if the parents don’t have the means of having their kid circumcised. They might be financially disabled so they just do away with their child being uncircumcised.

MA. ALEXANDRIA VELASCO. BSN 3E

maalexandriavelasco

Back to top Go down

Topics for Sexuality Empty Should contraceptives and birth control information be made available to minors through school clinics? If so, at what age should they be available?

Post  jackycruiz Tue Feb 03, 2009 11:04 am

I personally don't agree that contraceptives & birth control information be made available to minors thorugh school clinics.This is because that it's like we are promoting "sex" for the teenagers. If all teenagers will have easy access on these birth control information, then probably most of them will try it. Maybe it would be better for them to be educated first about these, and be guided about topics on sex. 18 years old and above for me is the appropriate age that these contraceptives be available. (only those whoare sexually active will get these.) There's this article, from bangordailynews.com that is entitled "BIRTH CONTROL FOR MINORS SCRUTINIZED". This one is interesting. try to check it out. =)

Ruiz, Jacqueline C.
BSN III-E

Last edited by jackycruiz on Tue Feb 03, 2009 11:06 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : i forgot to place my name and section.)

jackycruiz

Back to top Go down

Topics for Sexuality Empty ERVINA MARI C. SANTOS BSN III - E

Post  emsantos Tue Feb 03, 2009 11:14 am

15) In your opinion, is there a prescribed age for a person to start engaging in sexual activities, like sexual intercourse? What are your basis for the prescription in the age? What is your view on teenagers engaging in sexual activities?

According to what I have read from the internet and based on what I think is morally acceptable, a prescribed age for a person to start engaging in sexual activities is when they reach adulthood, ideally after marriage. But in our modern world today, many adolescent people are already engaging in sexual activities. Though it is not ideal, people gradually get used to it and it becomes widely accepted especially in countries which are very liberated. In my opinion, as long as they are of legal age (18 years old and above)they could engage in sexual activities but at their own risk . Because at this age, people are considered to be matured enough and can decide on their own. Also, this is the time where our values and morals are formed that is why every action we make is what reflects us as a person. People at this age also have the knowledge regarding sex education and I guess people have the independence with regards to deciding on their own lives. We must be responsible for our own actions and we must accept whatever the consequences may be. We cannot do anything to stop these young people to engage in sexual activities, but at least we could share our knowledge to them regarding their sexual health because engaging in sexual activities at a young age might have a bad effect on their health.

emsantos

Back to top Go down

Topics for Sexuality Empty Suravilla, Pierre Angeli A. BSN III - E

Post  pierreangelisuravilla Tue Feb 03, 2009 11:39 am

Describe your idea of an ideal contraceptive method. What are the most essential criteria? What are additional features? Do any features exist which approximate this idea?

I consider rhythm as the most ideal method as it is natural and safe for women. No side effect in human body. It will also make the couple be cooperative and concern with one another. Each one knows and considers the feelings that will make their relationship grow deeper.

Last edited by pierreangelisuravilla on Tue Feb 03, 2009 1:48 pm; edited 2 times in total

pierreangelisuravilla

Back to top Go down

Post  pierreangelisuravilla Tue Feb 03, 2009 11:41 am

13.) Does listening to popular music and watching music videos with explicit sexual lyrics and actions increase the likelihood that teenagers will become sexually active? Why or why not?

Yes. Media is a very strong medium in conveying messages to the people. The effect will depend on the perception of the viewers. It will depend on how the message has been delivered; how the words have been said and how the actions have been played. Viewing erotic scenes will trigger the emotions of the young people which is not advisable for them to do.

pierreangelisuravilla

Back to top Go down

Post  pierreangelisuravilla Tue Feb 03, 2009 11:43 am

15.) In your opinion, is there a prescribed age for a person to start engaging in sexual activities, like sexual intercourse? What is your basis for the prescription in the age? What is your view on teenagers engaging in sexual activities?

If a person understands the consequences of engaging in sex, if he is already mature and a responsible individual, financially ready then he is ready to start engaging in this activity. Being in a teenage stage is a big no as it only involves curiosity rather than feelings. They are not using their minds on what kind of future s in-store for them should they have started doing this thin in a wrong time. It will make or break their future.

pierreangelisuravilla

Back to top Go down

Topics for Sexuality Empty 11) Is there still a double standard regarding sexual activitiy of boys versus girls? Do teenagers still talk in terms of "Nice girls" versus "malandi girls"? Why is there no male counterpart to a "malandi"?

Post  beatriztalingting Tue Feb 03, 2009 11:47 am

In my opinion, presently, people become more and more liberated so that double standard was gardually being eradicated like in the western countries. For them it was normal for girls to make the first move in order to caught a man's attention. However, here in the Philippines where most people were conservative, still has a sense of reservation for girls. People here think that it's alright for boys to flirt, have sex, practice polygamy in relationships because it is somewhat socially acceptable since they were men. I think that's the reason why there's no male counterpart of "malandi". People just accept that men are polygamous. It was very usual that a man would have "anak sa labas" because the more women they have, the more masculine they become. Unlike women, the more men they have, the more they were cursed and judged by the people around them.
I remember when I asked my mom if she could let me go in a party when i was in highschool. She didn't let me because it would end up late. Then my brother asked her to go to a bar late at night and she permitted him. I felt it was unfair and i asked my mother why did she let my brother go and why she didn't let me before, she replied, "hayaan mo na s'ya, lalake s'ya, walang mawawala sa kanya". For me, the statement sent me the messege that parents being overprotective, require their daughters to be virgins until they were married while it's alright for their sons to be non- virgins. I think just because men do not have hymen, the society doesn't expect them to remain virgins.

Talingting, Vennesa Beatriz D. BSN III- E

Last edited by beatriztalingting on Tue Feb 03, 2009 12:26 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : edited the subject)

beatriztalingting

Back to top Go down

Topics for Sexuality Empty Sincuya, Claravita L. BSN IIIE

Post  clairiesincuya Tue Feb 03, 2009 12:16 pm

14) Do boys and girls differ in how important "being in love" is to their becoming sexual with each other? Is the saying true that "boys fall in love in order to get sex, while girls give sex in order to get love'?

In my opinion, before a person or any human being could say he’s in love, he has to be attracted to the person not only physical but also emotionally. Attraction is the "chemistry" part of love. It's all about the physical — even sexual — interest that two people have in each other. I believe that attraction is responsible for the desire we feel to kiss and hold the object of our affection. It is also what's behind the flushed, nervous-but-excited way we feel when that person is near. In our teens — especially for guys — relationships are mainly about physical attraction. But by the time guys reach 20 or so, they rate a person's inner qualities as most important. As with guys, looks can also catch a girl's attention. But when it comes to being attracted to someone, girls typically emphasize the importance of character. I think the said saying was not generally pertaining to every boy and every girl. I still think that there are couples out there who don’t need to have sex in order to stay together and prove each other’s love by being sexually active. There are those couples just needs a lot of communication that brings a deeper understanding, trust and commitment to a relationship.

clairiesincuya

Back to top Go down

Topics for Sexuality Empty 4) Is the uncircumcised male at a disadvantage in our culture? Why or why not?

Post  beatriztalingting Tue Feb 03, 2009 12:24 pm

Personally, I think uncircumcised male has a disadvantage especially in our culture where boys tease their classmate who hasn't been circumcised before they reach the teenage years. It had been a practice for Filipino males to get circumcised and mainly because we were mostly Christians so we believe in circumcision. According to the article of McMillen at (http://www.giveshare.org/BibleStudy/134.circumcision.html), the Lord personally commanded males to have circumcision as an act of cleanliness. The prepuce of uncircumcised male traps smegma which was composed of foul smelling paste of bacteria and dead skin cells. Study shows that partners of uncircumcised male was more likely to have cervical cancers because of the bacteria introduced in the female genitalia and these males were also likely to have squamous cell carcinoma of the penis. [justify]

Talingting, Vennesa Beatriz D. BSN III- E

beatriztalingting

Back to top Go down

Topics for Sexuality Empty Sahagun, Aliza Hanna V.

Post  aliza hanna Tue Feb 03, 2009 1:05 pm

Aliza Hanna Sahagun
3-E

Is there still a double standard regarding sexual activitiy of boys versus girls? Do teenagers still talk in terms of "Nice girls" versus "malandi girls"? Why is there no male counterpart to a "malandi"?

Old times usually has the perception that a girl should act just like a maria clara, mahinhin, demure etc. But since we are now in the new era wherein being liberated is a major option things suddenly change, the double standard that was established before is now being disregarded since new perception is now available. But base on my own opinion and observation, I could see that even though we already adapted the liberated life, many filipino still believes in the old fashioned double standard, that there is a difference on the sexual acitvity of girls as to that of a boy. when it comes to sex, boys usually takes the lead and girls just follows. and in terms of doing personal pleasure it is social acceptable for a boy to admit that he is masturbating rather than a girl admitting that she does the same thing. Nobody knows how this started but I guess it started with the perception that a typical filipina is like maria clara. but since just like what I've said we live in an era of being liberated disregarding the double standards is now an option, un like before it is a choice! now you can live with it or leave it.

Society accepts that boys really are malandi in nature and girls aren’t just like what i’ve said this also has a conection with the standard. Flirting is a thing of a boy since it is included in the whole courting package so literally speaking it is normal to them. But as for us girls when we flirt we are being judged because that is not how we should act according to the influence of our culture.
there is no related term of malandi to boys ...as far as i know "two timer" is the practical title or "salawahan".

aliza hanna

Back to top Go down

Topics for Sexuality Empty Do boys and girls differ in how important "being in love" is to their becoming sexual with each other? Is the saying true that "boys fall in love in order to get sex, while girls give sex in order to get love'?

Post  jeanreyes Tue Feb 03, 2009 1:06 pm

In my own opinion when you are inlove, being sexual with each other doesn't matter. Because, it was not the basis, you can enjoy each other's company without doing such things. But boys and girls differ in how important being inlove. Because, all people have different perception when they are inlove. People have different feelings, I mean, people have their own way of being inlove or how they love a person. I love you

Well, based on my experience I've been in a long relationship before, and I'm proud to say that nothing happens, I mean, I really never thought of doing those things. I just want to say that being sexually active when you're in a relationship is not important to prove that you love the person. So for me, I don't agree in the said saying. Because some boys never fall in love just to get sex, and some girls never give sex in order to get love. Because you can say you're really inlove with the person if you respect him or her. And when boys are truely inlove with the girl, they will never ask the girl to do that, and girls will not give in easily just to prove to the guy that she really loves him. In short, the saying was not true for me. Because there are lots of ways to prove to the person Like a Star @ heaven

JEAN BERENICE B. REYES BSN III-E

jeanreyes

Back to top Go down

Topics for Sexuality Empty Do boys and girls differ in how important "being in love" is to their becoming sexual with each other? Is the saying true that "boys fall in love in order to get sex, while girls give sex in order to get love'?

Post  jeanreyes Tue Feb 03, 2009 1:08 pm

jeanreyes wrote:In my own opinion when you are inlove, being sexual with each other doesn't matter. Because, it was not the basis, you can enjoy each other's company without doing such things. But boys and girls differ in how important being inlove. Because, all people have different perception when they are inlove. People have different feelings, I mean, people have their own way of being inlove or how they love a person. I love you

Well, based on my experience I've been in a long relationship before, and I'm proud to say that nothing happens, I mean, I really never thought of doing those things. I just want to say that being sexually active when you're in a relationship is not important to prove that you love the person. So for me, I don't agree in the said saying. Because some boys never fall in love just to get sex, and some girls never give sex in order to get love. Because you can say you're really inlove with the person if you respect him or her. And when boys are truely inlove with the girl, they will never ask the girl to do that, and girls will not give in easily just to prove to the guy that she really loves him. In short, the saying was not true for me. Because there are lots of ways to prove to the person Like a Star @ heaven

JEAN BERENICE B. REYES BSN III-E

jeanreyes

Back to top Go down

Topics for Sexuality Empty 13.) Does listening to popular music and watching music videos with explicit sexual lyrics and actions increase the likelihood that teenagers will become sexually active? Why or why not?

Post  anikka suba Tue Feb 03, 2009 1:36 pm

In my opinion, listening to popular music with explicit lyrics incites the young people on sexual activities since vulgar words register in their brains, making them more curious about it. In addition to that, popular music hypes the society's "sexual urge", with the youth as their market since it comprises large of the population. The mainstream and popular music creates and breaks trends, and sex is one of it. We all know that music is an integral part of a teenager's life. From music, adolescents gain information about society, social and gender roles, and expected behavior, and they use music to facilitate friendships and social interactions and to help them create a personal identity. It is reasonable to expect, therefore, that the messages conveyed in popular music have significant implications for adolescent socialization and behavior. Although listening to music may often be only a secondary activity for many youth, the sexual references in many popular songs may be difficult for them to ignore, because the language used to describe sex has become increasingly direct. According to social cognitive theory, 16–18 people learn how to perform new behaviors by observing others and will imitate the behaviors they have observed insofar as those behaviors are perceived to have functional value. This theory would predict that listening to musicians sing about having sex with no unfavorable consequences will lead teens to perceive this behavior as appropriate and desirable, thereby increasing the likelihood that they will imitate the behavior. The likelihood of imitation increases when the model is perceived as attractive or similar to the self. Highly popular music artists can, therefore, serve as especially potent role models for teens.

SUBA, Anikka Marie C.
BSN III-E

anikka suba

Back to top Go down

Post  Emmanuel vidal Tue Feb 03, 2009 2:22 pm

in my opinion..

- first of all, love has only one meaning which is being true to yourself and at the same time accepting what your loveone is.. for me love for a boy or a girl is the same, they just differ on what the motive of the perosn, for example in this phrase " boys fall in love in order to get sex " and girls give sex in order to get love, some people say love is give in take, but the truth ( for me ) if your really in love with a person if your a boy, you dont have to ask your girl friend to have sex with you just to prove that she loves you, i mean love is unconditional, that if your really are in love with a person it is enough for a guy or boy to be with his girl, that it doesnt have to involve sexual intercourse, becasue if a guy told you that " if you really love me lets have S._X " if a guy told you this, one thing is for sure that guy courted you not because of love, maybe its because of lust or for the sake of " experiencing the deed" Smile .. and for the girls if you want to prove that you really love your guy, you dont have to give your virginity, if there is really love in a relationship, there will always be TIME, when both of you are at the right aged, and responsible enough to cater a family. heheheh..

thats why, for me as i guy, you cant measure love byhaving sex, and for the girls you dont have to give your virginity jst to prove your love., hehehehe.... clown

Last edited by Emmanuel vidal on Tue Feb 03, 2009 2:34 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : for formality ( konti ))

Emmanuel vidal

Back to top Go down

Topics for Sexuality Empty Is the uncircumcised male at a disadvantage in our culture? Why or why not?

Post  Emmanuel vidal Tue Feb 03, 2009 2:30 pm

dear ate charo.. ( MMK )
heheeheh...

in our culture circumcision is like the badge or the stepping stone of becoming a true man, becasue it is in our culture especally when we were young, that when we knew that our friend or a classmate of ours, is not yet circumcised we tend to tease that classmate, telling him foul words such as "supot",and etc. hehe.. for me it is an advantage for a male to be circumcised, not because of the badge of being a trueman, but it also help us male in acquiring diseases, because its a form of hygiene, thats why it is important...

Emmanuel vidal

Back to top Go down

Topics for Sexuality Empty 14) Do boys and girls differ in how important "being in love" is to their becoming sexual with each other? Is the saying true that "boys fall in love in order to get sex, while girls give sex in order to get love"?

Post  melabianca Wed Feb 04, 2009 9:52 am

in my opinion, the concept of being inlove differs from one person to another.Smile falling inlove may or may not include sexual activities. they may choose to do it--mutually decided, or not. usually it is the boys who is more passionate in engaging in a sexual activities. girls are often concerned on how they can make the relationship last and they are after "being loved". regarding the saying, "boys fall in love in order to get sex, while girls give sex in order to get love?", i think somehow it is true. boys thought of having sexual activities as a foundation of a relationship, that it would make the relationship last. but the truth is, they commit with it just to prove themselves and it serves as sort of a "masculinity meter". the more they engage in sexual activities, the more they become masculine. however, girls would commit with that activities just to prove their boyfriends that they love them. for them, satisfying their boyfriends desire would make their relationship last. too bad that because of this concept, an increase number of teenagers are already engaging in sexual activities, either they want it or not.

being inlove doesn't need any involvement in sexual activities in order to established a lasting relationship.

SANCHEZ, CARMELA BIANCA BSN III-E

melabianca

Back to top Go down

Topics for Sexuality Empty karla Jean Regala

Post  karla15 Thu Feb 05, 2009 9:54 am

-in my opinion, there are no prescribed age for a person to start in engaging in sexual activities. But they should be aware in the consequence of what they are doing and responsible in using contraceptives, “safe sex”. In basis, even there is appropriate age in sexual activity, if the person wants to perform we can't stop them from doing such things. specially the teenager today, the more you tell them to stop and not to engage in that things, the more they become aggressive. As teenager, I’m not pro or against in teenagers who engage in sexual activities, we have different perception in that matter and we are created with our own will. So, if that is there choice and makes them complete, then do it safe sex.
Exclamation

karla15

Back to top Go down

Topics for Sexuality Empty karla Jean Regala

Post  karla15 Thu Feb 05, 2009 10:24 am

jackycruiz wrote:I personally don't agree that contraceptives & birth control information be made available to minors thorugh school clinics.This is because that it's like we are promoting "sex" for the teenagers. If all teenagers will have easy access on these birth control information, then probably most of them will try it. Maybe it would be better for them to be educated first about these, and be guided about topics on sex. 18 years old and above for me is the appropriate age that these contraceptives be available. (only those whoare sexually active will get these.) There's this article, from bangordailynews.com that is entitled "BIRTH CONTROL FOR MINORS SCRUTINIZED". This one is interesting. try to check it out. =)

Ruiz, Jacqueline C.
BSN III-E

now a days, the person who is involve in sexual activity is minors. And we cant stop them in doing it but to prevent the possible consequences, many have STD and we became overpopulated; contreceptives and birth control information may help to prevent that. it doesnt mean that we are promoting "sex" but preventing the effect of sex. according to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Condom, Condoms are used to prevent pregnancy and transmission of sexually transmitted diseases (STDs—such as gonorrhea, syphilis, and HIV). Birth control, sometimes synonymous with contraception, is a regimen of one or more actions, devices, or medications followed in order to deliberately prevent or reduce the likelihood of pregnancy or childbirth.

karla15

Back to top Go down

Topics for Sexuality Empty 12) Should contraceptives and birth control information be made available to minors through school clinics? If so, at what age should they be available?

Post  pocholosantos Sat Feb 07, 2009 11:43 am

[quote="karla15"]
jackycruiz wrote:I personally don't agree that contraceptives & birth control information be made available to minors thorugh school clinics.This is because that it's like we are promoting "sex" for the teenagers. If all teenagers will have easy access on these birth control information, then probably most of them will try it. Maybe it would be better for them to be educated first about these, and be guided about topics on sex. 18 years old and above for me is the appropriate age that these contraceptives be available. (only those whoare sexually active will get these.) There's this article, from bangordailynews.com that is entitled "BIRTH CONTROL FOR MINORS SCRUTINIZED". This one is interesting. try to check it out. =)

Ruiz, Jacqueline C.
BSN III-E

I think it is a good step, that will help our country to control the increasing birth of filipinos to date. As long as it will be for the greater good, i will supoort it,...
1. It can somehow manage the increasing population,
2. the transfer of STIs will be lessen.

= I know Miss Ruiz pointed that its as if that we are promoting sex..,, but the question is,, what will to those persons that are un informed diba? they will commit more serious consequences, one i can think of is abortion,,,, diba? its more serious because you are killing another life, and somehow at this early stage it can be reinforced to these young ones that sex is not a game, it can cause serious consequences that promt actions should be made or somethings that should not be done at an early stage....,

I think it should be available as early 11 years old......,, because this is the stage where in children are physiologically developing and curiosity develops at each other...,, and i can say that through my expericence...

pocholosantos

Back to top Go down

Topics for Sexuality Empty VALENCIA, AIROE JAYSON C. III-E

Post  airoe28 Sat Feb 07, 2009 12:29 pm

Is the uncircumcised male at a disadvantage in our culture? Why or why not?

It is definitely a disadvantage if someone knew about it. For us Filipinos being circumcised is a sign of being a "binata", it also makes you boost your confidence and self esteem. In the medical field being uncircumcised has no health issues to be discussed yet. Being circumcised also is a sign of good hygiene because it removes a substance that is foul smelling and that is inside the the skin of the penis. In the Bible it is also stated there the start of circumcision. In our country being uncircumcised has many consequences like being teased and insulted and even the girls won't like you. These things can really affect the growth and development of a person, he became shy of what he is.

airoe28

Back to top Go down

Topics for Sexuality Empty #5: Apart from religion, what other factors might contribute to parents deciding whether or not to have a baby boy circumcised?

Post  maanlim Sat Feb 07, 2009 12:37 pm

Apart from religion, another factor that might be contribute to parents in deciding wheter or not to have baby boy circumcised are: Arrow first, the parent's belief/ view point regarding the procedure; as a parent they want to do what they think is best for their children, so one that greatly influence the decision is their belief. Some request the procedure as early as infancy so that while the boy is young he cannot feel the pain of the circumcision, but others opposed it, they believed that if it is done at that early age a child may develop or experience trauma (R. GOLDMAN, 1999). Arrow Another factor is congenital abnormalities. For example, in hypospadias, the urethra opens onto the under surface of the penis shaft instead of the end of the glans. The normal treatment, which is not commenced until the boy is about 4 or 5 years old, is to use the foreskin to reconstruct the urethra. The boy will end up circumcised but it is essential that the skin is available for the reconstruction. (http://www.circinfo.com/guide_to_decision/index.html). Arrow Health benefits are also one factor that contribute to the decision, circumcision at an early age may prevent the occurence of infections, such as penile cancer, later in life. Complete circumcision in the first three years of life completely prevents this disease and a lesser degree of protection is afforded if circumcision is incomplete or done later in life. but circumcision during infancy can be a disadvantage at another point. Since the the purpose of the foreskin is to protect the glans from urine during the time the child is in napkins, if an uncircumcised infant gets a diaper rash his foreskin becomes inflamed but his glans is protected, on the other hand, in the circumcised infant if the glans becomes involved, a sore or meatitis develops at the opening of the water meatus and so passing of water will be painful because the glans is not protected by the foreskin. Arrow Another factor is the baby boy's bleeding tendencies, which is acquired genetically, a condition such as haemophilia or inability of the body to control blood clotting is an example. circumcision is not done immediately after birth because at that time newborn's level of vitamin K, which is necessary to prevent hemorrhage, is at a low point. (Pilliteri, 2007) Arrow And lastly, circumcision is considered by parents due to hygienic purposes.

LIM, MARGARET ANNE M. Very Happy
BSN III-E

maanlim

Back to top Go down

Topics for Sexuality Empty Is the uncircumcised male at a disadvantage in our culture? Why or why not?

Post  julienne sanga Sat Feb 07, 2009 1:11 pm

It is a disadvantage to our culture because for us filipinos, being circumcised is a sign of being a true man or "binata" as others are saying. circumcision in our counrtry is common.it became a part of our culture. i think all males are being circumcised in our country. some people are saying that being uncircumcised is dirty and will cause abnormalities but in the medical field, being uncircumcised has no health issues to discuss yet. being circumcised is a sign of cleanliness and a good hygiene because it removes the skin of the penis which contains a foul smelling discharge that can harbour bacterias. so if a male is known to be uncircumcised in our country he will face many consequences like being teased and insulted of "supot" and some girls will not even like him. it will surely affect his confidence and self esteem. tsk tsk.. pale

julienne sanga

Back to top Go down

Topics for Sexuality Empty 9) Is it possible to tell children too much about sex when they ask questions? Should all questions be answered or are there some things that children should not be told until they are older? Provide a sample outline of what you think should be taught at

Post  pocholosantos Sat Feb 07, 2009 1:40 pm

9) Is it possible to tell children too much about sex when they ask questions? Should all questions be answered or are there some things that children should not be told until they are older? Provide a sample outline of what you think should be taught at certain age levels.

Ahem ang hirap ng question,,,,

uhmm,, telling to people who cannot fully understand the concept is worthless,, it is as if you are trying to teach a division to a 4 year old, also with sex,, or making love....., it requires maturity and an indepth understanding of these subject,,, that is not,, applicable obviously to children,,,,..

It must be thought in the simplest form upto the complex.... much like math,, diba... plus muna,.... then division so on and so forth....,, pero walang applcation,, hmmk

suggested outline ,,
- first of all the right of teaching the concept, i prefer children that are 3- 6 years old were in the child is at phalic stage , bec according to freud The phallic stage is the setting for the greatest, most crucial sexual conflict in Freud's model of development. In this stage, the child's erogenous zone is the genital region. As the child becomes more interested in his genitals, and in the genitals of others, conflict arises. (http://www.victorianweb.org/science/freud/develop.html) so, youre like providing an information that is in accordance to what is happening to the child gets? (parang diba youre providing basic information about these concept, na align dun sa need ng bata which is sa organs, ng ibat ibang tao, na related sa sex diba... ) It also that in this stage. Children established a sense of being a boy or a girl, they have questionable curiosity about body parts, discovery that genital stimulation is a source of pleasurable sensations.
Rubbing of genitals manually is done and by rubbing any object against their genitals.
because of these i think topics would include: (TODDLERS)
+Always remember, hen your children ask questions about their bodies - or yours - don't giggle, laugh or get embarrassed. Take their questions at face value. Offer direct, age-appropriate responses. If your children want to know more, they'll ask +
- the organs
- its function = mostly ung urination, and onti lang sa aspect of reproduction
- erection (why, how,)
- everyday moments, Take advantage of everyday opportunities to discuss sex. If there's a pregnancy in the family, for example, tell your children that babies grow in a special place inside the mother. If your children want more details on how the baby got there or how the baby will be born, offer them.

Consider these examples:
* How do babies get inside a mommy's tummy? You might say: "A mom and a dad make a baby by holding each other in a special way."
* How are babies born? For some kids, it might be enough to say: "Doctors and nurses help babies who are ready to be born." If your children want more details, you might say: "Usually a mom pushes the baby out of her vagina."
* Why doesn't everyone have a penis? Try a simple explanation, such as: "Boys and girls bodies are made differently."
* Why do you have hair down there? Simplicity often works here, too. You might say: "Our bodies change as we get older." If your children want more details, add: "Boys grow hair near their penises, and girls grow hair near their vaginas."
As your children mature and ask more detailed questions, you can provide more detailed responses. Answer specific questions using correct terminology. Even if you're uncomfortable, forge ahead. Remember, you're setting the stage for open, honest discussions in the years to come. (http://www.revolutionhealth.com/healthy-living/parenting/top-concerns/sex-dating/sex-discussion)

Very Happy school age children Very Happy +When your school-age children ask questions about sex, you might want to first ask your children what they already know. Correct any misconceptions, and then offer enough details to answer the specific questions. Avoid long lectures.+
topics should i think include are:
- again the functions , more on reproduction
- physiology = specifically the changes that they undergo
- wet dreams, and menstruation = why does it occur
- MASTURBATIOn [/b]
+teach your children that masturbation is a normal - but private - activity. If your child starts masturbating in public, try to distract him or her. If that fails, take your child aside for a reminder about the importance of privacy.+
- all about sex/ reproducation
- 1 why is it done (ung in terms sa mag asawa,)
- 2 how is it done (ahould explain, in a manner that is not to vulgar, basta in general lang)
- 3 consequences

- other topics that can be understood...., by the learner, always expalin in detail .Even if you're uncomfortable, forge ahead. Remember, you're setting the stage for open, honest discussions in the years to come.

Exclamation teenagers! Exclamation
-, children may worry whether they're "normal." Penis size and breast size often figure heavily in these worries. Explain what happens during puberty for both boys and girls. Offer reassurance that children of the same age mature at wildly different rates.
-. You might want to share experiences from your own development, particularly if you once had the same concerns that your children have now.
- According to erickson at this age (teenager) they are in the stage of identity vs. role confusion, and also acoording to him thay have the follwing Issues: sexual orientation, sexual self-confidence and early feelings of love/intimacy
topics should include:
- sex/reproduxtion and sexual health
- 1 why
- 2 how
- 3 relationship of sex between love, and just for fun
- 4 again with the consequences for reinforcement
- 5 STIs
- sexuality
- sensuality
- sexual identity
- 1 homosexuality
- issues under it,
- 2 gender identity
- 3 sexual oreintation
- sexual health
- sexualization
- contraceptives

this alll the things that i could suggest dag dagan nyo nalng,, hehe,, almost all of the informationw as taken from, http) medjo natagaln aun, pleasant good evening toall.. :0

SANTOS, POCHOLO D. SECTION III-e

pocholosantos

Back to top Go down

Topics for Sexuality Empty 10) The text reports that babies experience sexual pleasure and apparently may even masturbate to orgasm. What do you suppose this signifies? How should parents respond if their baby shows extreme annoyance if efforts are made to interrupt his or her mast

Post  Juan Paulo Zamora Sat Feb 07, 2009 6:14 pm

10) The text reports that babies experience sexual pleasure and apparently may even masturbate to orgasm. What do you suppose this signifies? How should parents respond if their baby shows extreme annoyance if efforts are made to interrupt his or her masturbation of is such self-stimulation is done many times during the day?

According to textbooks and our discussion, it only signifies that the baby is already aware of that certain kind of action which makes him/her feel pleasurable. The baby is only aware of the action and NOT the sexual thought itself, because babies are innocent and only do actions that makes him/her satisfied or pleasured.

Parents should just accept the actions of the baby. Because babies undergo developmental stages that must be accomplished in order for them to adapt or perform well in the society during their later life. It is normal for babies to act in such a way because it is a part of their developmental tasks. The only way to deal with these certain kind of action is to divert the attention of the baby such as giving him/her toys, playing, talking, and etc.

JUAN PAULO ZAMORA
III-E

Juan Paulo Zamora

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next