Pediatric Nursing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BSN III-D's Answers Regarding the Topics in Sexuality

+28
lokangxiao
bibi
bino
akosikenken
khateguilaran
trisha galia
athenahladao
alotte09
mhira
majo cuevas
joan
aya
joiepalana
pocholosantos
renzbelnas
ishtar
franzangelo
triciabernales
kevines
memaine
nachee..=3
NODORA,reynalyn
aimee28
kyon21
Calimag
jessicaenriquez
desiree
yabby06
32 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

BSN III-D's Answers Regarding the Topics in Sexuality Empty BSN III-D's Answers Regarding the Topics in Sexuality

Post  yabby06 Thu Feb 05, 2009 9:06 am

post your answers here 3d!

yabby06

Back to top Go down

BSN III-D's Answers Regarding the Topics in Sexuality Empty Re: BSN III-D's Answers Regarding the Topics in Sexuality

Post  yabby06 Thu Feb 05, 2009 9:08 am

Niegel Ann R. Teodoro BSN III-D

15) In your opinion, is there a prescribed age for a person to start engaging in sexual activities, like sexual intercourse? What are your basis for the prescription in the age? What is your view on teenagers engaging in sexual activities?

I think morally, the prescribed age is after marriage. As to what is socially acceptable, however, it is prescribed for at least those at legal age which is 18 or above. I have no exact basis for this knowledge. All I know is that, it’s the view of majority that sex should be done at these age brackets. In other words, this is like the “stereotype” of sex. Maybe this ideation is quite influenced from other countries who are most open to sex. My view on this is partially acceptable and partially not. I wasn’t really a “pro-” (as in “for it”) of these activities until I reached college. It was a taboo back in my high school years to the point that anyone engaging in sexual activities was the talk-of-the-campus. So there. Back to college, I became opened to it as we learned many things that nurses should not give malice to. Maybe views on sex differ to each person depending on what they know about it. As a nurse for example, knowing that in anatomy, the organs are basically used for that matter, makes it less unacceptable to me. Unlike for people in business who know or tackle little about these things may view it differently. In short, medical professions understand it better than others. Other knowledge which made me accept in in some way is that knowing that some stages of life are really most susceptible to engaging in such especially those who are independent and are on the peak of curiosity. However, I am against it because teenagers engage in it a bit too early without knowing the consequences of it. Like what I learned in sexuality, most of these teenagers are not yet financially and physically ready. As a Roman Catholic, on the other hand, sex remains a taboo especially before the nuptial bonds.

yabby06

Back to top Go down

BSN III-D's Answers Regarding the Topics in Sexuality Empty Magramo, Desiree A III-D

Post  desiree Thu Feb 05, 2009 10:24 am

"...As to what is socially acceptable, however, it is prescribed for at least those at legal age which is 18 or above. I have no exact basis for this knowledge.All I know is that, it’s the view of majority that sex should be done at these age brackets. In other words, this is like the “stereotype” of sex. Maybe this ideation is quite influenced from other countries who are most open to sex. My view on this is partially acceptable and partially not..."

"..My view on this is partially acceptable and partially not. I wasn’t really a “pro-” (as in “for it”) of these activities until I reached college. It was a taboo back in my high school years to the point that anyone engaging in sexual activities was the talk-of-the-campus. So there. Back to college, I became opened to it as we learned many things that nurses should not give malice to. Maybe views on sex differ to each person depending on what they know about it."

- for me there is no prescribed age for a person to start engaging in sexual activities, like sexual intercourse because the only time that a person should engage into such act is after marriage. I once read in a book written by Bo Sanchez though i forgot the title of the book that "sex" is a gift from God but it is a gift that should be open in the right time, yes it is God's gift and he has a plan for you on when to open it. He cited a story about a boy who wished that it would be christmas everyday, and his wish was granted, everyday he would wake up and it was christmas and everyday he would open christmas gifts, but as the day progress his enthusiasm about opening his gifts wear off, what used to be special becomes just a routine and the gifts does not give joy anymore. Just like in pre-marital sex once you do that act prior to the right time, it losses its meaning, its value.
- i agree that in college indeed i became more aware about sexuality not only because it is being discussed by our professors but i also became awared that indeed certain or mostly of the teenagers are actually doing the "act", perhaps they have their own reason on why they do what they did, but not because majority of the people are doing it makes it right. i still think it's wrong to engage in PMS and though it's a cliche i still believe that patience is a virtue. patience in waiting for the right time to involve in such act pays.
" The body is to be consecrated as a "living sacrifice, holy, acceptable to God" (Rom. 12:1)

desiree

Back to top Go down

BSN III-D's Answers Regarding the Topics in Sexuality Empty 3D

Post  jessicaenriquez Thu Feb 05, 2009 10:32 am

TOPICS for SEXUALITY (the original post is in another topic. Mostly, Sec. E ung sumagot dun kaya gumawa si Niegel ng para sa Sec. D)

1) Choose a topic.
2) Discuss the topic per readings you have made and your own opinion on the topic.
3) Classmates will comment on the discussions you made.
4) Post the reply to the comments made by your classmate.
5) Reminder: observe professional ethics in the posting of your comments and replies.

Topics:

1) Textbooks state that sexuality has biological, psychological and social dimensions and that people engage in sex due to differing views. However, many individuals and religions take the position that only procreation justifies engaging in sexual activities. What do you personally believe in? Should sex be for procreation or recreation purposes as well? What are your influences for your views on this matter?
2) How do you think children should be taught about sexual anatomy? When should this teaching begin?
3) Should children be encouraged to use the correct terms about sexual anatomy or are slang words good enough? If slang words are used, are some more appropriate than others?
4) Is the uncircumcised male at a disadvantage in our culture? Why or why not?
5) Apart from religion, what other factors might contribute to parents deciding whether or not to have a baby boy circumcised?
6) The text states that in ancient times a menstruating woman was regarded as unclean and dangerous and that, even today, many couples avoid having intercourse while a woman is menstruating. What are the reasons for these negative values? What are your views about this statement?
7) Describe your idea of an ideal contraceptive method. What are the most essential criteria? What are additional features? Do any features exist which approximate this idea?
Cool How should parents respond when they become aware that their children are playing doctor or engaging in sexual activities with their playmates? What if the playmates are siblings? Does that make a difference in how parents should respond?
9) Is it possible to tell children too much about sex when they ask questions? Should all questions be answered or are there some things that children should not be told until they are older? Provide a sample outline of what you think should be taught at certain age levels.
10) The text reports that babies experience sexual pleasure and apparently may even masturbate to orgasm. What do you suppose this signifies? How should parents respond if their baby shows extreme annoyance if efforts are made to interrupt his or her masturbation of is such self-stimulation is done many times during the day?
11) Is there still a double standard regarding sexual activitiy of boys versus girls? Do teenagers still talk in terms of "Nice girls" versus "malandi girls"? Why is there no male counterpart to a "malandi"?
12) Should contraceptives and birth control information be made available to minors through school clinics? If so, at what age should they be available?
13) Does listening to popular music and watching music videos with explicit sexual lyrics and actions increase the likelihood that teenagers will become sexually active? Why or why not?
14) Do boys and girls differ in how important "being in love" is to their becoming sexual with each other? Is the saying true that "boys fall in love in order to get sex, while girls give sex in order to get love'?
15) In your opinion, is there a prescribed age for a person to start engaging in sexual activities, like sexual intercourse? What are your basis for the prescription in the age? What is your view on teenagers engaging in sexual activities?

(Some questions are based on the book "Human Sexuality" by Masters, Johnson and Kolodny)

-Ma'am Celiz

jessicaenriquez

Back to top Go down

BSN III-D's Answers Regarding the Topics in Sexuality Empty Enriquez, Marianne Jessica M. III-D

Post  jessicaenriquez Thu Feb 05, 2009 11:31 am

12) Should contraceptives and birth control information be made available to minors through school clinics? If so, at what age should they be available?

I believe that contraceptives should not be made available to minors through school clinics. According to the Health Watch News of The Associated Press, "Girls in Baltimore middle schools have had access to birth-control pills for more than 20 years at school-based clinics. Advocates believe the program has helped cut the city's teen birth rate." However, the biggest debate is on the religious and moral grounds of encouraging minors to have sex. Making contraceptives available assures the minors that they can have sex as much as they want as long as they are protected. As applied to our country, our religion and culture does not seem to allow school clinics to disseminate contraceptives to minors. It is because, we regard sex and birth control as a topic only for mature people. However, I think that Sex Education should be properly and adequately taught in schools so that everything about sex can be learned by minors. With sufficient knowledge, they would be guided on what to do and avoid when it comes to sex.

Contraceptives should be made available to people 18 years old and above (there should be an extra criterion: they should be married!). At this age, i think, they are mature enough to handle responsibilities if ever the birth control method did not work.

I have read an interesting article in the internet. Try to visit it if you have extra time Wink :
http://wjz.com/health/schools.birth.control.2.431404.html

jessicaenriquez

Back to top Go down

BSN III-D's Answers Regarding the Topics in Sexuality Empty Calimag, Kym Kelley

Post  Calimag Fri Feb 06, 2009 9:57 am

14) Do boys and girls differ in how important "being in love" is to their becoming sexual with each other? Is the saying true that "boys fall in love in order to get sex, while girls give sex in order to get love'?

>> i believe that men and women(or boys and girls) differ "in how important "being in love" is to their becoming sexual with each other." they differ depending on their own values and belief. but i am not saying that all boys and all girls are totally different in talking about that topic. i also consider that some boys and girls may be similar in some ways.
>>actually, i do not want to accept the fact that there are some boys who act like they love the girl in order to get sex. in the same way, there are also some girls who give sex just to feel loved. i don't believe the saying but in our world today, it is happening around the world.

i have read a book by joshua harris entitled, "i kissed dating goodbye." here, he presents the reality that is happening not only in America, but consequently in the Philippines also. everyday, we see and learn in our television, in movies, and others, that in order to prove that the girl or boy loves you, you must give your self to him/her through sex. even in first dates, they practice sex. the Bible says a lot about love such as "love is patient, kind..." "God is love," etc. also, the Bible teaches that sex is something sacred and that is a gift from God to husbands and wives. therefore, the true definition of LOVE IS NOT SEX. However, when two individuals are in a relationship, they always get into the temptation of engaging into a more intimate relationship or into sex. Harris' book tells that both the girl and the boy have a responsibility with each other especially when it comes to their purity. he said that "one of the best ways to maintain a pure life is to watch out for the purity of others. the support and protection you can provide to same-sex friends is important, but the protection you can give to opposite-sex friends is invaluable." if you believe in the saying, "boys fall in love in order to get sex, while girls give sex in order to get love," maybe you should restate your definition of love.

"Love is sex," "Sex is pleasure" "Pleasure is all that matters" we always see and hear these phrases in newsstands, websites, billboards, in movies, everywhere, but God's definition and quiet message of true love still speaks to those who choose to listen.

Calimag

Back to top Go down

BSN III-D's Answers Regarding the Topics in Sexuality Empty Calimag, Kym

Post  Calimag Fri Feb 06, 2009 10:15 am

desiree wrote:"...As to what is socially acceptable, however, it is prescribed for at least those at legal age which is 18 or above. I have no exact basis for this knowledge.All I know is that, it’s the view of majority that sex should be done at these age brackets. In other words, this is like the “stereotype” of sex. Maybe this ideation is quite influenced from other countries who are most open to sex. My view on this is partially acceptable and partially not..."

"..My view on this is partially acceptable and partially not. I wasn’t really a “pro-” (as in “for it”) of these activities until I reached college. It was a taboo back in my high school years to the point that anyone engaging in sexual activities was the talk-of-the-campus. So there. Back to college, I became opened to it as we learned many things that nurses should not give malice to. Maybe views on sex differ to each person depending on what they know about it."

- for me there is no prescribed age for a person to start engaging in sexual activities, like sexual intercourse because the only time that a person should engage into such act is after marriage. I once read in a book written by Bo Sanchez though i forgot the title of the book that "sex" is a gift from God but it is a gift that should be open in the right time, yes it is God's gift and he has a plan for you on when to open it. He cited a story about a boy who wished that it would be christmas everyday, and his wish was granted, everyday he would wake up and it was christmas and everyday he would open christmas gifts, but as the day progress his enthusiasm about opening his gifts wear off, what used to be special becomes just a routine and the gifts does not give joy anymore. Just like in pre-marital sex once you do that act prior to the right time, it losses its meaning, its value.
- i agree that in college indeed i became more aware about sexuality not only because it is being discussed by our professors but i also became awared that indeed certain or mostly of the teenagers are actually doing the "act", perhaps they have their own reason on why they do what they did, but not because majority of the people are doing it makes it right. i still think it's wrong to engage in PMS and though it's a cliche i still believe that patience is a virtue. patience in waiting for the right time to involve in such act pays.
" The body is to be consecrated as a "living sacrifice, holy, acceptable to God" (Rom. 12:1)

.... i like that story.. its nice! hehehe!
well, i agree that sex doesn't really have its exact age, but that sex is really meant for the couple who submitted themselves for the blessings of marriage. as J.H. said in his book, "the joy of intimacy is the reward of commitment" and that "God has made the fulfillment of intimacy a by-product of commitment-based love."

Calimag

Back to top Go down

BSN III-D's Answers Regarding the Topics in Sexuality Empty Re: BSN III-D's Answers Regarding the Topics in Sexuality

Post  kyon21 Fri Feb 06, 2009 10:58 am

3) Should children be encouraged to use the correct terms about sexual anatomy or are slang words good enough? If slang words are used, are some more appropriate than others? Shocked

This reminds me when I was in grade 5... bounce

Prior to our discussions of puberty, probably lectures about menstruation, male and female reproductive system, etc, many of us already know slang terms of the sexual anatomy. affraid
Usually, these terms are used to make fun of others, or sometimes, others use those as an expression, so no wonder when the proper lectures are discussed, almost all of us tend to laugh during the learning experience... Laughing

So should children be encouraged to use the correct terms about sexual anatomy? YES! And slang words are not good enough...

The use of the appropriate terms to refer the sexual anatomy makes the learning experience to be a real learning experience. It will not make the students to think green or to think someone of whom to make fun with after the discussion for using the right words makes the class a professional although some will really make fun of it, but somehow, its reduced. Very Happy

The use of slang words are not good enough because the use of such makes the students interested not on what the anatomy and physiology of the male and female reproductive system but instead, some other things you and I are both thinking other than learning from it... Twisted Evil

Thus, to avoid the use of slang words, especially in public places, its better to use the right terms so that the reproductive system will not be thought of something green, funny, and just for mere to reproduce. What a Face

Michael Bermudez
Shocked

kyon21

Back to top Go down

Post  kyon21 Fri Feb 06, 2009 11:15 am

Waa...

9) Is it possible to tell children too much about sex when they ask questions? Should all questions be answered or are there some things that children should not be told until they are older? Provide a sample outline of what you think should be taught at certain age levels. Razz

Sex education may begin even in toddler years during discussions of simple anatomy lessons in school.
Not to wonder, even without formal education in school, most school-aged children may already know slang words regarding sex or the anatomy of the reproductive system because of hearing them from other friends or adolescent siblings having contact with them. Very Happy

Never fear! Sex education doesn't need to be a single tell-all discussion. Instead, follow the child's cues about what he needs to know — and when.

As taken from the Mayo Foundation for Medical Education and Research article on sex education for children dated May 1, 2007, here's how to deal with children asking about sex...

Expect detailed questions...

Younger children are often satisfied with vague answers to questions about where babies come from or how babies are born. But school-age children tend to make stronger connections between sexuality and making babies. As their questions about sex become more complex — and perhaps more embarrassing — they may turn to friends or other sources for information.

When your school-age children ask questions about sex, you might want to first ask your children what they already know. Correct any misconceptions, and then offer enough details to answer the specific questions. Avoid long lectures.

Consider these examples:

* What's an erection? You might say: "A boy's penis is usually soft. But sometimes it gets hard and stands away from the body. This is called an erection." Describe how an erection can happen while a boy is sleeping or when his penis is touched. This might also be the time to describe a wet dream.
* What's a period? You might say: "A period means that a girl's body is mature enough to become pregnant." Explain how menstruation is an important part of the reproductive cycle. You might offer details on bleeding and feminine hygiene products.
* How do people have sex? If your children wonder about the mechanics of sex, be honest. You might say: "The man puts his penis inside the woman's vagina."
* Can two girls have sex? Or two boys? For some children, it might be enough to say: "Yes. There are many types of intimate relationships." If your children want to know more, you might take the opportunity to talk about respect for others or to share your personal thoughts about homosexuality.
* What's masturbation? You might say: "Masturbation is when a boy rubs his penis or a girl rubs her vagina." Remind your children that masturbation is a normal — but private — activity.

Even if you're uncomfortable, forge ahead. Remember, you're setting the stage for open, honest discussions in the years to come.

Preteen angst

Between ages 8 and 12, children may worry whether they're "normal." Penis size and breast size often figure heavily in these worries. Explain what happens during puberty for both boys and girls. Offer reassurance that children of the same age mature at wildly different rates. Puberty might begin years earlier — or later — for some children, but eventually everyone catches up. You might want to share experiences from your own development, particularly if you once had the same concerns that your children have now.

Everyday moments are key

You might have been using everyday opportunities to discuss sex all along. Keep it up! Teachable moments are everywhere. If there's a pregnancy in the family, talk about how a baby develops inside a woman's body. If you see a commercial for a feminine hygiene product, use it as a springboard to talk about periods. If a couple on a favorite TV show begins dating, talk about relationships and falling in love.

Take your role in sex education seriously. Encourage your children to take care of their bodies, respect themselves and seek information from trusted sources. Your thoughtful approach to sex education can help your children develop a lifetime of healthy sexuality.

So, how will you handle a child's question on sex? Know what he knows first, correct any misconceptions, and then offer enough details to answer the specific questions. Avoid long lectures. And be honest in answering those... Very Happy

Reference:
Mayo Foundation for Medical Education and Research
Sex education: Talking to school-age children about sex
Written on May 01, 2007 by Roger W. Harms, M.D.

Michael Bermudez

kyon21

Back to top Go down

Post  kyon21 Fri Feb 06, 2009 11:25 am

jessicaenriquez wrote:Contraceptives should be made available to people 18 years old and above (there should be an extra criterion: they should be married!). At this age, i think, they are mature enough to handle responsibilities if ever the birth control method did not work.

AGREE! there should be an extra criterion: they should be married! Laughing Laughing Laughing

Wouldn't you agree? It is a sin, particularly fornication, to have sex outside the bounds of marriage and people does not take this seriously - all they think is about practicing safe sex... geek

And if ever these contraceptives did not work, face the consequence... Laughing Laughing Laughing

Michael Bermudez

kyon21

Back to top Go down

BSN III-D's Answers Regarding the Topics in Sexuality Empty BATAC, MARIANE AIMEE F. III-D

Post  aimee28 Fri Feb 06, 2009 12:28 pm

Is the uncircumcised male at a disadvantage in our culture? Why or why not?

yes because being circumcised is a part of our culture and also as a sign of masculinity. If a person is found out to be uncircumcised he is the center of insults and jokes like "supot". This causes low self-esteem and confidence to the person, thus he will not be productive and will just prefer to be alone. Being circumcised is also a sign of good hygiene, because it removes the impacted substance under the skin, but still there is no scientific study that proves being circumcised and uncircumcised affects one's health. Lastly, being circumcised is also written in the Bible and as a Christian I agree and support the persons to be circumcised. In our country being uncircumcised makes your image weak and "BAKLA", this causes males to circumcised also, it is a never ending trend for us because this shows the males "pagbibinata" and boosts his confidence more.

aimee28

Back to top Go down

BSN III-D's Answers Regarding the Topics in Sexuality Empty Should children be encouraged to use the correct terms about sexual anatomy or are slang words good enough? If slang words are used, are some more appropriate than others?

Post  NODORA,reynalyn Fri Feb 06, 2009 12:55 pm

Why do we opt that children use sexual parts’ slang words as substitute for the scientific ones? I believe the reason for this is that we regard sexual concerns – whether they are of the human anatomy or human acts – as taboo; that is, they are forbidden to be used, mentioned, or approached because of social or cultural rather than legal prohibitions. And with regards to this, people believed that hiding these “sexual anatomy words” in “slangs” will also hide or at least diminish the malice; but it doesn’t. The malevolence is conceded through generations. Though, whether we use the scientific or general terms or the “slangs,” we still pertain to the same things, and bring the same meanings to mind.

Herein, I believe that using the technical terms should be encouraged more as these words impart the real essence of these parts of the human anatomy. The slangs, the way I see it, just remind the children that the sexual anatomy the words pertain to are immoral. But children should not think that way.

But still, it might be beneficial that children also learn the “slangs” for protection and knowledge. The more significant issue, in my opinion, is how children perceive sexual words, as the society imparted malice to these terms that are deemed to be of great importance to science and human anatomy.

sunny

NODORA,reynalyn

Back to top Go down

BSN III-D's Answers Regarding the Topics in Sexuality Empty 12) Should contraceptives and birth control information be made available to minors through school clinics? If so, at what age should they be available?

Post  nachee..=3 Sat Feb 07, 2009 1:56 am

contraceptives and birth control information be made available to minors tru achool clinics? i don't think so.. we can probably give some information, maybe not that elaborate but understandable. simple info may be given but not as if like encouraging them to use it or have it..
such topics are not for minors, therefore, it should be for those who are 18 above and those who think that they can handle responsibilities incase they engage to such thing. ...Patricio, Anna III-D cat

nachee..=3

Back to top Go down

BSN III-D's Answers Regarding the Topics in Sexuality Empty PUSONG, GERMAINE III-D

Post  memaine Sat Feb 07, 2009 2:15 am

1) Textbooks state that sexuality has biological, psychological and social dimensions and that people engage in sex due to differing views. However, many individuals and religions take the position that only procreation justifies engaging in sexual activities. What do you personally believe in? Should sex be for procreation or recreation purposes as well? What are your influences for your views on this matter?

Our country still has conservative views regarding sex, that sex for recreation purpose most probably would raise eyebrows to people.
Personally, I am not a close-minded person when it comes to sex but i am not also merely staying on the side of sex for recreation purpose as well. My answer woud be quite simple: The act of sex is created by God. If it is something bad, then why would God even create the act of it? And if it is created by God, then something good must come from it. What i am trying to say here is that perhaps, the purpose of it should not be a question. Because before you do an act (or any act, anyhing in particular), you know that the purpose is to experience it. And to experience something means to experience you, become you, to become the person you are.
(The idea of this came from a book i have read Conversations with God I. If you have time, try to read and you'll understand. Most of your questions regarding sex would probably be answered, and you may realize that the idea of it should not be as controversial as how sex is being defined today)
Laughing

memaine

Back to top Go down

BSN III-D's Answers Regarding the Topics in Sexuality Empty JOSE DOMINIQUE S. SALCEDO

Post  nachee..=3 Sat Feb 07, 2009 2:32 am

Apart from religion, what other factors might contribute to parents deciding whether or not to have a baby boy circumcised?
First, circumcision is defined as the removal of the flap of skin which naturally covers the tip of the penis. Parents decide for their babies to be circumcised due to many factors. One of these is that they don't want their child to be teased as "uncircumcised" or "supot" when they grow up. Also, recent research has found that boys who have been circumcised are less likely to have a urinary infection in the first year of their life than boys who have not been circumcised. Circumcision also prevents some infections under the foreskin which may happen in infancy and later childhood. However if they occur, they can be treated without the need for a circumcision.
But mostly, parents do not let their baby get circumcised because babies are very sensitive and circumcision alone is painful and indeed traumatic for the baby. Also, early circumcision can create complications for the baby's condition such as infection and bleeding. In addition, parents claim that foreskin will just grow again if early circumsion is done. Lastly, parents want their son to look like other boys of his age who were mostly uncircumcised.

Source:http://www.cyh.com/HealthTopics/HealthTopicDetails.aspx?p=114&np=304&id=1793 Shocked

What a Face

Last edited by nachee..=3 on Sat Feb 07, 2009 11:46 am; edited 1 time in total

nachee..=3

Back to top Go down

BSN III-D's Answers Regarding the Topics in Sexuality Empty Kevines 3d

Post  kevines Sat Feb 07, 2009 2:37 am

dont be a hypocrite....be true to yourself!!!hehe...those are the things that comers out of my mind when i read your reactions...(haha peace guys.)..Deciding whether you’re ready is one of life’s biggest decisions. You’re the only one who can and should make it. in my opinion there is no right age in engaging in sexual activities but there is what we called accepting the responsibilities behind your actions.There is no right or wrong age for having sex. It all depends on who you are. Your mental state of mind, how strong and resistant you are from your peers and what and who you want to be. If you desire to be like the rest than of course you're gonna want to have sex and so forth, if you're strong minded and self-willed, you will do what you want to do, and nobody could stop you or make you do it. Sex is our Nature. Adult can't hide it from us for ever. It's all about being smart about it. Although there is a legal age of consent, that’s not necessarily the perfect age for you to start having sex. And there are no rules about how long you have to be going out with someone before you do it. Being ready happens at different times for everyone, but having sex because your friends are pressuring you is a bad call.You might feel awkward saying no but going through with it because you’re too polite to say no could be a big mistake. If you’ve got any doubts at all, or you feel under pressure, put the brakes on and talk about your feelings.If you think the time’s right, the first time will be loads more special if you talk about it with your boyfriend first. Tell him how you’d like it to happen and talk about contraception together. God gave us freewill for us to decide for our self and there is no right age but there is right mentality and maturity of the one who will be engaging in sex . one of the most famous lines in emotional blackmail is Like it or not, “if you loved me…” . However much you do love or like your boyfriend, sex isn’t something you have to do to prove it.The decision to have sex for the first time should be yours not something you do to make him happy. You can’t have your first time twice, so you’ve got every reason to think carefully about it and take it slowly.If he really loves you, he’ll respect your wishes and he’ll wait until you’re ready. It can be tempting to just get it over and done with, but it’s best to be absolutely sure so you don’t regret anything. so if your planing to have it this comming valentines day....Go girl...suportahan taka...

kevines

Back to top Go down

BSN III-D's Answers Regarding the Topics in Sexuality Empty In your opinion, is there a prescribed age for a person to start engaging in sexual activities, like sexual intercourse? What are your basis for the prescription in the age? What is your view on teenagers engaging in sexual activities?

Post  triciabernales Sat Feb 07, 2009 2:39 am

I have read a best seller life changing book entitled "Conversations With God" (Book 1).. I wanna share it with you guys..

NDW: "Is sex okay?

God: "Of course sex is 'okay.' … Play with sex. Play with it! It’s wonderful fun." (205)

"Sex is sacred, too… But joy and sacredness do mix (they are in fact the same thing)… You have repressed sex, even as you have repressed life, rather than fully Self expressing with abandon and joy. You have shamed sex, even as you have shamed life, calling it evil and wicked, rather than the highest gift and the greatest pleasure." 207

"The energy that which underscores sex is the energy which underscores life…" 207

"Call on Me, therefore, wherever and whenever you are separate from the peace that I am. I will be there. With truth. And Light. And love."
(211)

I strongly believe that there is no prescribed age for a person to start engaging in sexual activities.. There is no such thing as right or wrong.. Right and Wrong is just a relative term in our world.. It is how humans perceive things which makes it right or wrong.. What's with age? Age is only numbers!!! the "legal age 18" is made by whom? people? why we keep on being dictated by the social norm? What matters is the maturity of the person who will engage in it.. Even though you are already in your 30's, 40's, 50's, and even 100's but if you think like a toddler, you're the one who is not supposed to engage in sex.. Before you do it be sure you are physically, emotionally, spiritually, and FINANCIALLY stable.. Remember to be always responsible with what you do.. Sex is a great gift from God, so we should thank Him for it.. For me it is not wrong to make love with the PERSON YOU TRULY LOVE as long as you you are ready with the consequences of doing so.. And be sure you are MATURED ENOUGH to decide on things.. God gave us free will and it is up to us on how we use it to know who we really are.. If you'll abuse it, then that's who you are! If you'll use it with pure intentions, then that's who you are.. I am not a pro or anti in engaging sex but i believe that dictating the rightness and wrongness of doing the act is not a proper thing to do.. So condemning and criticizing those people who are open to it is a disrespect.. Instead of making this as a problem, let us just give people proper education, explanation, and morals regarding sex.. Piece of advice, don't be impulsive! It's our choice which makes us whole..

XoXo.. =)

triciabernales

Back to top Go down

BSN III-D's Answers Regarding the Topics in Sexuality Empty How do you think children should be taught about sexual anatomy? When should this teaching begin?

Post  franzangelo Sat Feb 07, 2009 2:42 am

Franz Angelo Galang III-D
How do you think children should be taught about sexual anatomy? When should this teaching begin?[/b]

I think teaching a child about sexual anatomy should start when you see a child being curious playing with his or her reproductive organ. You should be open and honest to the child in teaching and telling about sexual anatomy and you should tell it in a very nice way. In a way that he can understand it in his way, at the same time the right way.

Once a child does not understand these things, he or she may have difficulty in understanding it as he grows old. But teaching a child these things may also have a bad part. He may try some things about his curiosity and share this to his friends. Teaching things like these should be taught in a knowledgeable and friendly way.

For me, the ideal age for a child to know about this is when at 6 years old. And it should be taught as soon as he reaches this age.

Thank you..=)

franzangelo

Back to top Go down

BSN III-D's Answers Regarding the Topics in Sexuality Empty Does listening to popular music and watching music videos with explicit sexual lyrics and actions increase the likelihood that teenagers will become sexually active? Why or why not?

Post  ishtar Sat Feb 07, 2009 3:02 am

Popular music may contribute to early sex. Music is an integral part of teens' lives. The average youth listens to music 1.5 to 2.5 hours per day. Sexual themes are common in much of this music and range from romantic and playful to degrading and hostile. Although a previous longitudinal study has linked music video consumption and sexual risk behavior, no previous study has tested longitudinal associations between the content of music lyrics and subsequent changes in sexual experience, such as intercourse initiation, nor has any study explored whether exposure to different kinds of portrayals of sex has different effects. (http://pediatrics.aappublications.org/cgi/content/full/118/2/e430?maxtoshow=&HITS=10&hits=10&RESULTFORMAT=&fulltext=study+teens+sexual+music+lyrics&searchid=1&FIRSTINDEX=0&volume=118&issue=2&resourcetype=HWCIT)

Listening to music with degrading sexual lyrics is related to advances in a range of sexual activities among adolescents, whereas this does not seem to be true of other sexual lyrics. This result is consistent with sexual-script theory and suggests that cultural messages about expected sexual behavior among males and females may underlie the effect. Reducing the amount of degrading sexual content in popular music or reducing youngpeople's exposure to music with this type of content could help delay the onset of sexual behavior.
(http://pediatrics.aappublications.org/cgi/content/full/118/2/e430?maxtoshow=&HITS=10&hits=10&RESULTFORMAT=&fulltext=study+teens+sexual+music+lyrics&searchid=1&FIRSTINDEX=0&volume=118&issue=2&resourcetype=HWCIT)

Also, a team of researchers at the Montreal Neurological Institute, using the world's most advanced brain-mapping machines, have found that the same neural clusters that process the seductive pleasures of sex, chocolate and even hard drugs also fire up for music.

There is also persuasive evidence that the brain tends to prune these neural circuits for maximum pleasure the way a gardener cuts unproductive branches to make a rose bush bloom. Music, it seems, may make the brain bloom best because it literally electrifies, at lightning speed, a web of nerve paths in both hemispheres of our cerebral cortex that connect the neural clusters processing musical pitch, rhythm, harmony, melody, short term memory, long term memory, and emotions. Now, for the first time, neuroscientists mapping the musical mind at McGill University have confirmed that those music circuits also comprise the inch-worm shaped clusters that process exquisite pleasures, including illicit ones. But unlike other addictions, it leaves no hangover, drug habits, clogged arteries, or sexual diseases.

Robert Zatorre and his colleagues at McGill University have been heading studies into the effects of music on the human brain for more than two decades. Deep in the bowels of an old stone building on the McGill campus, they scan human brains the way a geologist scans mineral maps, except they are tracing, in real time, the topography of human brains while circuits and clusters of neurons fire.

They and their international colleagues have used sophisticated PET and MRI scanners to peer inside brains to detect where pitch, melody, harmony and rhythm are processed. The answer, it turns out, changes with the complexity and composition of the music. There are distinct clusters of cortex that seem to be responsible for each component of music, such as rhythm or harmony. Yet even the simplest song heard or sung by a child sends showers of neural sparks across both sides of the brain, linking each element of music to respective cranial regions. Music also lights up the lobes where memory is stored, the clusters where logic and speech are processed, the brain stem where sounds relayed by the ear are filtered, and the cerebral throne of emotion.

The brain even processes harmonic and dissonant music in different neural circuits. "We have shown that music recruits neural systems of reward and emotion similar to those known torespond specifically to biologically relevant stimuli, such as food and sex, and those artificially activated by drugs of abuse," Zatorre concluded in his published paper. "This is quite remarkable, because music is neither strictly necessary for biological survival or reproduction, nor is it a pharmacological substance."

For me, it's a matter on how you handle the situation. As long as you are guided by the proper norms and conducts in life, you are able to control the situation inspite of what you see and what can you hear. And lastly, I believe that prevention is better than cure, so it's better not to engage yourself in listening to popular music and watching music videos with explicit sexual lyrics and actions.Smile

BY: Rigel Doctore Very Happy

ishtar

Back to top Go down

BSN III-D's Answers Regarding the Topics in Sexuality Empty Do boys and girls differ in how important "being in love" is to their becoming sexual with each other? Is the saying true that "boys fall in love in order to get sex, while girls give sex in order to get love'?

Post  ishtar Sat Feb 07, 2009 3:13 am

It's really hard to explain love. Let's say you've got loads of friends but suddenly, one stands out from the crowd. You'll never expect that the special one would be the one who would drive your world crazy. Loving someone sometimes makes you happy and sometimes makes you really sad. But even when you're upset, you still want to love and be loved because it makes you feel so alive. (SO CHEESY! Laughing )

For me, loving someone means ACCEPTING and RESPECTING. It doesn't mean that if you love someone you would be so sexual. As long as you have the respect with your love one you should be responsible enough in your actions and words in dealing with him/her.

They say that the generation nowadays is so different, herein lies the true problem. It has been said that young men are nothing but a hormone covered in skin. Because of this, they see every female as a potential sexual partner. They date with the hopes that they will be able to entice the girl into bed.

Girls, on the other hand, aren't looking for sex, but affection and attention. They become involved with guys in order to satisfy this emotional need. Since they don't have a strong sexual desire, they don't think about the fact that the guys do. Then, once they're emotionally involved, the guy say something like, "If you love me, you'll have sex with me." The girl is emotionally trapped. If she refuses, he'll probably leave her. So, she gives in and has sex with him. He's sexually satisfied and she's dealing with sexual problems for the rest of her life.

There is a chemical hormone in the body called oxytocin. The level of this hormone in our body is augmented by touch between two people. The more intimate the touch, the more it is increased. A hug will release more than a handshake; a kiss more than a hug; an intimate caress more than a kiss; sexual intimacy will release even more; and sexual orgasm releases the most. The more a couple is in contact, the more oxytocin they will have in their bodies. This hormone literally causes the feeling of being "in love" with another person.

I can say that in reality some boys and girls perceive that fact as a real one. For me, I strongly believe that not all the boys see love in order to get sex and not all girls does not give sex in order to get love. Well, I guess being in love depends on how a couple become intimate with their feelings. I'm not talking about the sexual act but the feeling of belonging together and becoming aware of their emotions at the right time.Very Happy

By:
Rigel Doctore Smile

ishtar

Back to top Go down

BSN III-D's Answers Regarding the Topics in Sexuality Empty 15) In your opinion, is there a prescribed age for a person to start engaging in sexual activities, like sexual intercourse? What are your basis for the prescription in the age? What is your view on teenagers engaging in sexual activities?

Post  renzbelnas Sat Feb 07, 2009 11:20 am

In my opinion, there is no ideal age to have sexual activities. Engaging in sex means that you are physically, emotionally, spiritually and financially ready. Couples must responsible with their own actions. They most probably would know what to do if they are in the situation and has proper knowledge of having contraceptives. In our country, 18 years of age is the expected start of being a responsible adult in the society. But, if your not really ready to face the pros and cons of sex, then you have no right in engaging with it. With this, sexual activities can't really be prevented most especially because of the media and other propaganda that is being revolutionized in the society.

Sex is evident in our young generation, my view on this issue is that teenagers could have sex IF they have one of these criteria:

Responsible (physically, spiritually, emotionally, financially ready)
They are married (Sex before marriage is ideal)
They finished at least 2 years in college (2 years in college CAN (but i'm not saying that's enough) help in finding a job)
They have a job (Bearing a child is part of the risk so having a job is important to sustain the needs of the child)

Let's be practical, sex is can't be totally prevented. there is no 100% chance of persuading teens not to have sex. What adults must do is to guide them on how to become responsible in order not to transmit STD's and use contraceptives. The risk of bearing a child is there, but teens MUST assume the role before they DO it. They SHOULD have foresight and not let emotions get them carried away. Very Happy[u]

Last edited by renzbelnas on Sat Feb 07, 2009 11:27 am; edited 1 time in total

renzbelnas

Back to top Go down

BSN III-D's Answers Regarding the Topics in Sexuality Empty JOSE DOMINIQUE SALCEDO

Post  pocholosantos Sat Feb 07, 2009 11:21 am

franzangelo wrote:Franz Angelo Galang III-D
How do you think children should be taught about sexual anatomy? When should this teaching begin?[/b]

I think teaching a child about sexual anatomy should start when you see a child being curious playing with his or her reproductive organ. You should be open and honest to the child in teaching and telling about sexual anatomy and you should tell it in a very nice way. In a way that he can understand it in his way, at the same time the right way.

Once a child does not understand these things, he or she may have difficulty in understanding it as he grows old. But teaching a child these things may also have a bad part. He may try some things about his curiosity and share this to his friends. Teaching things like these should be taught in a knowledgeable and friendly way.

For me, the ideal age for a child to know about this is when at 6 years old. And it should be taught as soon as he reaches this age.

Thank you..=)

I think 6 years old is a good age to teach children about sexual anatomy because it is within the phallic stage when sexual curiosity of a child is at its peek. Also, the area of gratification is his genitalia so as they explore, they can also be taught about simplified sexual anatomy.

pocholosantos

Back to top Go down

Post  renzbelnas Sat Feb 07, 2009 11:30 am

triciabernales wrote:

I have read a best seller life changing book entitled "Conversations With God" (Book 1).. I wanna share it with you guys..

NDW: "Is sex okay?

God: "Of course sex is 'okay.' … Play with sex. Play with it! It’s wonderful fun." (205)

"Sex is sacred, too… But joy and sacredness do mix (they are in fact the same thing)… You have repressed sex, even as you have repressed life, rather than fully Self expressing with abandon and joy. You have shamed sex, even as you have shamed life, calling it evil and wicked, rather than the highest gift and the greatest pleasure." 207

"The energy that which underscores sex is the energy which underscores life…" 207

"Call on Me, therefore, wherever and whenever you are separate from the peace that I am. I will be there. With truth. And Light. And love."
(211)

I strongly believe that there is no prescribed age for a person to start engaging in sexual activities.. There is no such thing as right or wrong.. Right and Wrong is just a relative term in our world.. It is how humans perceive things which makes it right or wrong.. What's with age? Age is only numbers!!! the "legal age 18" is made by whom? people? why we keep on being dictated by the social norm? What matters is the maturity of the person who will engage in it.. Even though you are already in your 30's, 40's, 50's, and even 100's but if you think like a toddler, you're the one who is not supposed to engage in sex.. Before you do it be sure you are physically, emotionally, spiritually, and FINANCIALLY stable.. Remember to be always responsible with what you do.. Sex is a great gift from God, so we should thank Him for it.. For me it is not wrong to make love with the PERSON YOU TRULY LOVE as long as you you are ready with the consequences of doing so.. And be sure you are MATURED ENOUGH to decide on things.. God gave us free will and it is up to us on how we use it to know who we really are.. If you'll abuse it, then that's who you are! If you'll use it with pure intentions, then that's who you are.. I am not a pro or anti in engaging sex but i believe that dictating the rightness and wrongness of doing the act is not a proper thing to do.. So condemning and criticizing those people who are open to it is a disrespect.. Instead of making this as a problem, let us just give people proper education, explanation, and morals regarding sex.. Piece of advice, don't be impulsive! It's our choice which makes us whole..

XoXo.. =)

I agree. We must have sex with someone we actually love but still we must be careful on whom to give it. "Dapat siya na talaga" hehe

renzbelnas

Back to top Go down

BSN III-D's Answers Regarding the Topics in Sexuality Empty 13) Does listening to popular music and watching music videos with explicit sexual lyrics and actions increase the likelihood that teenagers will become sexually active? Why or why not?

Post  joiepalana Sat Feb 07, 2009 11:53 am

Let me start by quoting a line from a famous song from a famous artist

"[Hook:]
She Was Suckin On Me
And I Was Lickin On Her
I Jus Zoomed Into It
I Spreaded That Booty So Wide
I Can Tell That Shit Spreaded By The Look In Her Eyes
I Was Kissin On Her
And She Was Suckin On Me
I Jus Wannna Get Into It
Shawty So Into It
Im Glad Dat She Do It For Free

[Chorus: X2]
Baby Lets Do 69
In The Back Of My Lincoln
With The Suicide Doors
Shades On For 69
Baby Dat Is Alright With Me
Baby Lets Do 69
Hit Me On My Hotline
Im So Lonely Now
So Dats A Start 69
Baby Dat Is Alright With Me"

In my opinion, this song depicts sex as something to be enjoyed and be done casually. They make it sound good. Majority of buyers of music cd's are teenagers. For me, teenagers are prone to have sex if what they see or hear is all about sex. Media speaks about sex as if its just a habit that could actually be done without any consequence. Many music videos and songs talk about sex in a different way, they let the teens see sex as "FUN". Huge international celebrities are the ones who usually produce this kind of songs. These celebrities are usually the ones that teens idolize and look up too. If they talk about sex, teens may see it as a "good thing" or "fun" as they fondly call it.

It is up to the parents to supervise their children in order to avoid improper transmission of information about sex. proper education is the key to prevent misinterpretation.

joiepalana

Back to top Go down

Post  renzbelnas Sat Feb 07, 2009 12:01 pm

memaine wrote:The act of sex is created by God. If it is something bad, then why would God even create the act of it? And if it is created by God, then something good must come from it.

I agree, but of course responsibility should still be part of the case. Sex should not be taught to be "BAD" but instead a gift from God that should be used wisely and of course responsibly.

renzbelnas

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next