Pediatric Nursing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12) Should contraceptives and birth control information be made available to minors through school clinics? If so, at what age should they be available?

2 posters

Go down

12) Should contraceptives and birth control information be made available to minors through school clinics? If so, at what age should they be available? Empty 12) Should contraceptives and birth control information be made available to minors through school clinics? If so, at what age should they be available?

Post  gerie_antonio Sat Feb 14, 2009 11:08 am

For me, contraceptives and birth control information should NOT be made available to minors through school clinics because at that early age your are giving them the idea that it is ok to engage with Premarital sex since they would be protected from getting pregnant with the help of different contraceptives and birth control methods. i personally disagree because having an easy access to these things will make minors more curious about "sex". some study shows that early use of contraceptives increases the risk of cancer. According to the United Nations, it is part of an individual’s right to health. However, according to Pett Corby, hardly anyone knows to avoid unplanned pregnancy by using natural methods. Young women who fall pregnant routinely undergo abortions and resort to the use of contraceptive drugs with dangerous side-effects. According to a study of early contraceptive use conducted Sweden in 1991, the risk of developing breast cancer was 820% higher in women who started using the pill before the age of 20, than for healthy non-users of the same age. Early use of the contraceptive pill is also associated with a increased risk for cervical cancer. also, the structure of the body of a female minor is not yet ready to enter pregnancy stage and is prone to complications. in my opinion, the information about contraceptives and birth control methods should be made available at the age of 19 since at this age girls and boys are more aggressive. Idea

Antonio, Gernalyn M.
BSN III-E

gerie_antonio

Back to top Go down

12) Should contraceptives and birth control information be made available to minors through school clinics? If so, at what age should they be available? Empty Should contraceptives and birth control information be made available to minors through school clinics? If so, at what age should they be available?

Post  christellejolie Sat Feb 14, 2009 11:33 am

yes, i think so. it's a way to give information among students in a school on how to control birth and prevent diseases. i guess the proper age for that information to be given is as early as 12 years old, because nowadays teenage pregnancies are rampant. i don't think this health teaching would make them think that premarital sex is fine. but this is for educating the people. Very Happy

i just want to add. all should not be IGNORANT on birth or disease control. and i said all not some. cheers

Bulala, Christelle Jolie O.
BSN III-E

christellejolie

Back to top Go down