Pediatric Nursing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12) Should contraceptives and birth control information be made available to minorsin through school clinics? If so, at what age should they be available?

2 posters

Go down

12) Should contraceptives and birth control information be made available to minorsin through school clinics? If so, at what age should they be available? Empty 12) Should contraceptives and birth control information be made available to minorsin through school clinics? If so, at what age should they be available?

Post  ara camiller Sat Feb 14, 2009 8:02 am

CAMILLER, ARA KRISTIA U. BSN III-E

In my opinion, information about birth control and contraceptives should be available to minors, specifically when they reach high school level. I believe that in our society today, pre-marital sex is very rampant and teenage pregnancy is increasing. I don't think that giving information about the use of birth control and contraceptives will automatically mean promoting the act of doing sexual activities as some would say. What I'm trying to say is that let us face the fact and be practical. It would be just giving information for educational purposes. At least children will not be ignorant and would have formal education regarding this topic and not just petty information that they would get from their peers.

ara camiller

Back to top Go down

12) Should contraceptives and birth control information be made available to minorsin through school clinics? If so, at what age should they be available? Empty 12) Should contraceptives and birth control information be made available to minors through school clinics? If so, at what age should they be available?

Post  adonis Tue Feb 17, 2009 9:45 am

yes, at the age of 12 or the average onset of menstruation for girls Very Happy

adonis

Back to top Go down