Pediatric Nursing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Should contraceptives and birth control information be made available to minors through school clinics? If so, at what age should they be available?

+2
mckie
Robelyn Kim D. Amis
6 posters

Go down

Should contraceptives and birth control information be made available to minors through school clinics? If so, at what age should they be available? Empty Should contraceptives and birth control information be made available to minors through school clinics? If so, at what age should they be available?

Post  Robelyn Kim D. Amis Fri Feb 13, 2009 10:01 pm

Birth control and contraceptives should be made available through school clinics not for the students to apply it but for them to have knowledge about disadvantages of premarital sex. I believe that abstinence is the best contraceptive that should be taught to these teens. However, most of teenagers nowadays are engaging in sexual activities. This information should be taught to prevent early pregnancy and so as to have safe sex. Children should be lectured with this information as soon as they reach teenage years. (^^,)V.

Robelyn Kim D. Amis

Back to top Go down

Should contraceptives and birth control information be made available to minors through school clinics? If so, at what age should they be available? Empty Should contraceptives and birth control information be made available to minors through school clinics? If so, at what age should they be available?

Post  mckie Wed Feb 18, 2009 11:18 am

Should contraceptives and birth control information be made available to minors through school clinics? If so, at what age should they be available?

I agree to what kim said contraceptive and birth control information to the minors. Giving information to the minors does not mean tolerating them to engage in any sexual activity but providing them knowledge to prevent teenage and unwanted pregnancy Laughing to waht age should they be available? In my opinion it should be for Adolescents group age because at this developmental period gender roles, sexual attitudes, and sexual behaviors are being shaped.

Mark Andrew S. Cleofas
BSN 3B

mckie

Back to top Go down

Post  arianne_01305 Thu Feb 19, 2009 8:02 am

I agree with Kim. I agree with teaching minors about contraceptives and family planning so that they would have knowledge about this stuff without inclining them to have premarital sex. As we all well know, teens today are more "experimental" and do stuffs that they may regret later. That's why I think it's important to teach them this. It will also make them more aware of the consequences of their actions.

arianne_01305

Back to top Go down

Should contraceptives and birth control information be made available to minors through school clinics? If so, at what age should they be available? Empty Re: Should contraceptives and birth control information be made available to minors through school clinics? If so, at what age should they be available?

Post  kitdelosreyes Thu Feb 19, 2009 9:36 am

Robelyn Kim D. Amis wrote:Birth control and contraceptives should be made available through school clinics not for the students to apply it but for them to have knowledge about disadvantages of premarital sex. I believe that abstinence is the best contraceptive that should be taught to these teens. However, most of teenagers nowadays are engaging in sexual activities. This information should be taught to prevent early pregnancy and so as to have safe sex. Children should be lectured with this information as soon as they reach teenage years. (^^,)V.

I wonder who said this? hmm... Very Happy

What do you mean by made available? Did you mean it by using it as visual aids while teaching it to the students? Because saying it as making it available is like saying people can get hold of it...

In addition, how can making contraceptives available in school clinics, make students gain knowledge on the disadvantages of premarital sex. doesn't making these contraceptives available show not the disadvantages of premarital sex but shows that there is a way to prevent pregnancy?

nyahahha... reply ka din sakin!!

kitdelosreyes

Back to top Go down

Post  pjadeson_cornejo04 Sun Mar 22, 2009 1:29 am

Contraceptives and/ or Birth Control, as we know, is a technique to prevent pregnancy at the same time to be protected against risky sexual activity. It should be made available through school clinics to help the students have an information, background and idea to know the preventive measures of premarital sex and/ or early pregnancy and for them also to perform safe sex. It is not only pregnancy that can happen in having sex but also there are many other diseases that can affect health condition like the very popular sexually transmitted diseases. For me, I think that this should be taught to students when they reach the early adolescent stage. As I have observed, now a days, there are many young adolescence who have experience early pregnancy and who are very sexually active. Many of them tend to explore and experience sex without noticing its negative effect. I think at this age this will be very useful for them to apply what they have read or learn regarding contraceptives and/ or birth control.
Very Happy

PATRICK JEHROME I. CORNEJO
BSN III-B

pjadeson_cornejo04

Back to top Go down

Should contraceptives and birth control information be made available to minors through school clinics? If so, at what age should they be available? Empty Re: Should contraceptives and birth control information be made available to minors through school clinics? If so, at what age should they be available?

Post  aratara Sun Mar 22, 2009 5:36 am

I think that contraceptives and birth control information dissemination should be made mandatory to minors not just through the school clinics but through the educational system itself. In my opinion, i think that sex education should start as early as fourth or fifth grade. I am not saying that at that age they should learn exactly how babies are made but this is the pre-adolescent stage when children are already starting to become aware of the other gender. It may seem as basic as naming the body parts properly, calling the penis a penis and calling the vagina a vagina. And let's face it, in the community where we have our duty, we encounter 12, 13 year olds who are pregnant and sometimes who are even on their second pregnancy!

To make a point, in the Netherlands, who have one of the lowest teen pregnancy rates in the world, when children are in first grade that is when they start to have their formal sex education. On the other hand, in Britain the Government has decided that schools must bear responsibility for sex education. Jim Knight, the Schools Minister, insists that from 2010 schools must make time for the new personal, social and health education (PSHE) syllabus. Children aged 5 to 7 will learn about feelings; those aged 8 to 11 will be taught about the biological aspects of sex. At secondary school they will learn about contraception and sexually transmitted diseases.

We have always said that education and prevention always go hand in hand. Most of the teenagers learn about sex through the media. I doubt that 2 out 10 parents would sit down and talk to their children about sex especially contraceptives and birth control, especially to their minors. And i am sure that no teenager will enter that school clinic asking for information for birth control and contraceptives because of the taboo that our society still has about sex.

I think that the society should face the facts that our children need to be educated with this. The children need to be educated.

And i think that the Church needs to stop contradicting our government and just continue to teach what it wants to teach.

And then let the children choose between sex and abstinence. That is why we have free will. And let God judge us.

-tara marie plaza. bsn IIIB

aratara

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down