Pediatric Nursing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BSN III-D's Answers Regarding the Topics in Sexuality

+28
lokangxiao
bibi
bino
akosikenken
khateguilaran
trisha galia
athenahladao
alotte09
mhira
majo cuevas
joan
aya
joiepalana
pocholosantos
renzbelnas
ishtar
franzangelo
triciabernales
kevines
memaine
nachee..=3
NODORA,reynalyn
aimee28
kyon21
Calimag
jessicaenriquez
desiree
yabby06
32 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

BSN III-D's Answers Regarding the Topics in Sexuality - Page 2 Empty Re: BSN III-D's Answers Regarding the Topics in Sexuality

Post  renzbelnas Sat Feb 07, 2009 12:07 pm

ishtar wrote: It has been said that young men are nothing but a hormone covered in skin. Because of this, they see every female as a potential sexual partner. They date with the hopes that they will be able to entice the girl into bed.

uh. totally disagree. haha. men are not hormone covered in skin. We also have feelings and not all of us loves so to have sex. Our ideal "sex" partners are of course the ones we truly love. "Di naman kung sino sino nalang" hahaha.

renzbelnas

Back to top Go down

BSN III-D's Answers Regarding the Topics in Sexuality - Page 2 Empty Empeo, Ma. Ara S.

Post  aya Sat Feb 07, 2009 1:34 pm

6.) The text states that in ancient times a menstruating woman was regarded as unclean and dangerous and that, even today, many couples avoid having intercourse while a woman is menstruating. What are the reasons for these negative values? What are your views about this statement?

In some religions like Islam and Judaism having sexual intercourse while the female has a menstruation is a taboo. Islams believe that they should have sexual intercourse when the female don't have her period and they can do the intercourse as a manner designed by Allah (God) which is the vaginal intercourse because they believed that Allah like people who are clean. Another factor is that most girls were taught from a young age that menstrual blood is unclean and dirty but menstrual blood is an entirely natural fluid from the body. It does not affect the male's penis or can cause an infection to it as long there is no presence of STDs.

As far as I know having sexual intercourse while having menstruation is not unclean because it is stated that it is just a natural body fluid. Many people believe that having sexual intercourse while the woman has her period may avoid her to be pregnant. No it is not true, it is not an effective contraceptive because a woman may ovulate at the end of her period and the sperm may still be alive and may have the ability to fertilize. Also, having sexual intercourse while having your period does not protect you from having STD in fact she could be at the high risk having STD because of the increase amount of body fluid which can be an oppurtunity passing on the virus. Still using of contraceptives in the safest way for preventing STDs or pregnancies. Very Happy

aya

Back to top Go down

BSN III-D's Answers Regarding the Topics in Sexuality - Page 2 Empty Textbooks state that sexuality has biological, psychological and social dimensions and that people engage in sex due to differing views. However, many individuals and religions take the position that only procreation justifies engaging in sexual activitie

Post  joan Sat Feb 07, 2009 2:12 pm

the following statements are just my opinion:

I was brought up in the province, and in an old fashioned and conservative family, therefore, I hold conservative beliefs. For me, sex should be done at the right time, and that is when two people are bonded by marriage and received the blessing of God. I firmly believe that purity is the greatest gift a woman could give to her husband during their marriage. God designed sex for procreation, and is considered as holy. Aside from that, sex is the ultimate expression of love between married couple. However, due to modernization, the conservative beliefs have been replaced by the modern ones. Sex is rampant nowadays, and more people are engaging in pre marital sex. It is sad to know that today, some people consider it as a casual everyday activity, maybe a past time, for lust, or just for recreation or pleasure. The holiness of sex is not there anymore. The world may be advancing to achieve modernization but at the same time it is also losing its moral sense. We let ourselves influenced by the liberal West, not anymore considering what is morally right or wrong. People in the province are mostly naive because they stick to their beliefs and have less exposure with the mass media that influence them. We don’t have to be conforming to whatever is the trend in the West, because that’s the problem with Filipinos, we are great imitators. Lastly, people may laugh or joke at me because of my conservative beliefs, but I don’t care. I was raised with these beliefs. So when I went here from the province, I tried to be open minded regarding these kind of issues.

by: joan tejada

joan

Back to top Go down

BSN III-D's Answers Regarding the Topics in Sexuality - Page 2 Empty nice girls vs malandi girls

Post  memaine Sat Feb 07, 2009 3:33 pm

11) ... Do teenagers still talk in terms of "Nice girls" versus "malandi girls"? Why is there no male counterpart to a "malandi"?

just to react with the nice girls versus malandi girls: sadly, it would really be unfair for those group of girls who were termed or labeled as "malandi girls" I just find it unfair, because the nicest girl could probably have the dirtiest lie. too bad, the 'nicest girl' has always been looked up to as the nicest.

anyways, i paused for a while pondering about the male counterpart to a "malandi".
Guys, ano nga ba?
how do you call guys who are malandi? and i want it to be answered by a guy, coming from a guy's perspective.
and do you also talk about those malandi guys? like you compare yourselves with them, look up to them, or differ yourselves apart from them?

Pusong, Germaine C.

memaine

Back to top Go down

BSN III-D's Answers Regarding the Topics in Sexuality - Page 2 Empty Re: BSN III-D's Answers Regarding the Topics in Sexuality

Post  ishtar Sun Feb 08, 2009 4:46 am

renzbelnas wrote:
ishtar wrote: It has been said that young men are nothing but a hormone covered in skin. Because of this, they see every female as a potential sexual partner. They date with the hopes that they will be able to entice the girl into bed.

uh. totally disagree. haha. men are not hormone covered in skin. We also have feelings and not all of us loves so to have sex. Our ideal "sex" partners are of course the ones we truly love. "Di naman kung sino sino nalang" hahaha.

It was said that some boys/young men are like this but I'm not referring to all of the boys/young men. I still believe that boys/young men today have the so called RESPECT to the opposite sex:)
*I know renz, you're a "GOOD BOY! or should I say GENTLEMAN?!" Laughing that still values RESPECT!" (NYC ONE!) Keep it up!
VOTE SHIFT!

ishtar

Back to top Go down

Post  ishtar Sun Feb 08, 2009 4:50 am

memaine wrote:

just to react with the nice girls versus malandi girls: sadly, it would really be unfair for those group of girls who were termed or labeled as "malandi girls" I just find it unfair, because the nicest girl could probably have the dirtiest lie. too bad, the 'nicest girl' has always been looked up to as the nicest.

Pusong, Germaine C.

*Yah I totally agree with this one! LOOKS CAN BE DECEIVING!

ishtar

Back to top Go down

BSN III-D's Answers Regarding the Topics in Sexuality - Page 2 Empty recreation or procreation?

Post  majo cuevas Sun Feb 08, 2009 9:45 am

11.)Taking out from my opinion, I still believe that sex have the same connotation as sacred itself. But basing it to whether it is for procreation or recreation, I think terms are quite an issue. Recreation? Do I read it right? Define Recreation.. Recreation isthe expenditure of time in a fun manner designed for therapeutic refreshment of one's body or mind. It’s quite disturbing to read actually, it’s as if sex is just a past time- a pleasurable past time. It’s actually more disturbing that it has been a common norm worldwide. For me, sex SHOULD BE PRACTICE WITHIN THE BOUNDS OF MATRIMONY. It should be respected, because sex is an act of love. Do I spell it out right?

I guess if you were into marriage, you have the right to engage in sex be it for procreation or recreational purposes. You are partners for a life time, you can decide to have kids or amuse your partner with pleasure. Sex DOES keep a relationship GOING… It only gets dirty when sex is partnered with ONE NIGHT STAND or something within that definition. It shouldn’t be regarded like that. It’s still good to dream of having someone to be your first and your last... would that be wonderful? I still hope on that.

Values do help a lot when you decide on life and its components. I mean it affects your judgment of the things happening around you- issues perhaps. Even if I am exposed that these things do exist, being firm and patient help me get through it… It’s always a choice to engage or not to engage. It’s still up to you, whether your family or the society is into it…

majo cuevas

Back to top Go down

Post  kyon21 Sun Feb 08, 2009 10:14 am

majo cuevas wrote:For me, sex SHOULD BE PRACTICE WITHIN THE BOUNDS OF MATRIMONY. It should be respected, because sex is an act of love. Do I spell it out right?

Sex DOES keep a relationship GOING… It only gets dirty when sex is partnered with ONE NIGHT STAND or something within that definition. It shouldn’t be regarded like that. It’s still good to dream of having someone to be your first and your last... would that be wonderful? I still hope on that.

AGREE! This should be really the time to have sex... when you're married! Its true that there's no specific age and its not 18+ for you to have sex. it should really be done WITHIN THE BOUNDS OF MATRIMONY. Razz Razz Razz

Michael Bermudez

Go Twoot!
BSN III-D's Answers Regarding the Topics in Sexuality - Page 2 Twoot_s

kyon21

Back to top Go down

Post  kyon21 Sun Feb 08, 2009 10:24 am

kevines wrote:Sex is our Nature...

God gave us freewill for us to decide for our self and there is no right age but there is right mentality and maturity of the one who will be engaging in sex...

God gave us the freewill but that does not excuse us to do all the things we wanted because He also gave us the will... there is no right age to do sex and it is not just mere accepting responsibilities of the consequences you did.

Michael Bermudez

Last edited by kyon21 on Sun Feb 08, 2009 10:28 am; edited 1 time in total

kyon21

Back to top Go down

Post  kyon21 Sun Feb 08, 2009 10:27 am

franzangelo wrote:Franz Angelo Galang III-D
For me, the ideal age for a child to know about this is when at 6 years old. And it should be taught as soon as he reaches this age.

Children these days even getting before 6 already knew a lot of stuffs regarding sex! Although other chldren are passive when it comes to the topic, however, i dont know if it really should be 6. Think about individual differences...

Bermudez, Michael

kyon21

Back to top Go down

Post  kyon21 Sun Feb 08, 2009 10:31 am

renzbelnas wrote:
Let's be practical, sex is can't be totally prevented. there is no 100% chance of persuading teens not to have sex.

undeniably true... hahahaha... Laughing

others just suppress it... hahahaa... Laughing Laughing Laughing
(tons of laughs...)

kyon21

Back to top Go down

Post  kyon21 Sun Feb 08, 2009 10:34 am

renzbelnas wrote:
I agree, but of course responsibility should still be part of the case. Sex should not be taught to be "BAD" but instead a gift from God that should be used wisely and of course responsibly.

Yep! SEX per se isnt bad and it is a gift! I agree with you rerenz! jocolor

Go Twoot!

kyon21

Back to top Go down

Post  kyon21 Sun Feb 08, 2009 10:39 am

joan wrote:
I was brought up in the province, and in an old fashioned and conservative family, therefore, I hold conservative beliefs.
For me, sex should be done at the right time, and that is when two people are bonded by marriage and received the blessing of God. I firmly believe that purity is the greatest gift a woman could give to her husband during their marriage.

God designed sex for procreation, and is considered as holy. Aside from that, sex is the ultimate expression of love between married couple.

However, due to modernization, the conservative beliefs have been replaced by the modern ones. Sex is rampant nowadays, and more people are engaging in pre marital sex. It is sad to know that today, some people consider it as a casual everyday activity, maybe a past time, for lust, or just for recreation or pleasure. The holiness of sex is not there anymore. The world may be advancing to achieve modernization but at the same time it is also losing its moral sense. We let ourselves influenced by the liberal West, not anymore considering what is morally right or wrong. People in the province are mostly naive because they stick to their beliefs and have less exposure with the mass media that influence them. We don’t have to be conforming to whatever is the trend in the West, because that’s the problem with Filipinos, we are great imitators. Lastly, people may laugh or joke at me because of my conservative beliefs, but I don’t care. I was raised with these beliefs. So when I went here from the province, I tried to be open minded regarding these kind of issues.

I think people will respect you more, especially me, for sharing this to us...

I strongly agree with this and there's nothing to be shy being conservative. we are just provocative enough to say that sex is done when two people are bonded by marriage and received the blessing of God. Right? Very Happy

Michael Bermudez

kyon21

Back to top Go down

BSN III-D's Answers Regarding the Topics in Sexuality - Page 2 Empty ORUGA, MIRASOL L. BSN III D

Post  mhira Sat Feb 14, 2009 1:30 am

14. Do boys and girls differ in how important "being in love" is to their becoming sexual with each other? Is the saying true that "boys fall in love in order to get sex, while girls give sex in order to get love'?

*** NOWADAYS, GIRLS OFTEN GAVE THEIR VIRGINITY IN EXCHANGE OF BEING INLOVE WITH THEIR PARTNER. SOME BOYS, TAKE ADVANTAGE OF THEIR PARTNER'S WEAKNESS. IN MOST CASES, AFTER "MAKING LOVE" THE SWEETNESS AND SPARK LESSEN. THE WORST IS, BOYS WILL BROKE UP WITH THE GIRL LEAVING A BIG QUESTION MARK WITH THE GIRL'S MIND IF THAT WAS THE ONLY THING THAT HER PARTNER WANTS. I HAVE A LOT OF FRIENDS WHO HAD THE SAME EXPERIENCES. COMMONLY, "SEX" IS ALWAYS ACCOMPANIED IN EVERY RELATIONSHIP IN THIS GENERATION. BUT IT IS ALWAYS IN EVERYONE'S CHOICE WHETHER THEY GIVE IT UP OR NOT. THAT'S THE IRONY OF LOVE. IT'S SO POWERFUL THAT IT WOULD MAKE US BLIND AND STUPID.

mhira

Back to top Go down

BSN III-D's Answers Regarding the Topics in Sexuality - Page 2 Empty Do boys and girls differ in how important "being in love" is to their becoming sexual with each other? Is the saying true that "boys fall in love in order to get sex, while girls give sex in order to get love'?

Post  alotte09 Sat Feb 14, 2009 4:08 am

First, love and sex are hugely different issues especially nowadays. For me, it's simply you may love but not necessarily commited to have sex with that particular person you love or you can have sex with a person without loving him/her. So there's no way I could tell that boys do love for the sake of sex only, while girls' have to give up sex just to be loved buy guys. Girls aren't that stupid enough, are we?!..On this generation, we've already noticed that sex, especially premarital sex, are prevalent nowadays. Maybe it's not shocking for us to hear if some of our friends and acquaintances have already engaged into sexual activities - what I mean is sex has been used for recreation or pleasure purposes instead. For me, we're only human beings so we don't differ in terms of emotions. girls do love just like boys. Boys do hurt just like girls do.
As a christian, I still believe in the sanctity of marriage and sex. Still the purity or virginity of both partners is the greatest gift they could ever give for each other after marriage. For girls like me, best way to beieve in is that we musn't forget that there are still better guys out there to choose who will love and respect us. For unwed couples, what the topmost important thing they should think is that the love and loyalty they for each other. For singles, just enjoy life being with family and friends because you will miss all of these when somenone special comes and more importantly better not to engaged in sex...these are just my philosophies in life whatever status i'm at.

- Aludo, Charlotte

alotte09

Back to top Go down

BSN III-D's Answers Regarding the Topics in Sexuality - Page 2 Empty Apart from religion, what other factors might contribute to parents deciding whether or not to have a baby boy circumcised?

Post  athenahladao Sat Feb 14, 2009 4:13 am

Apart from religion, what other factors might contribute to parents deciding whether or not to have a baby boy circumcised?

According to familydoctor.org, there are other factors that may affect parents to decide on having or not having their baby boy be circumsized aside from religion are personal preferences and culture. There are some countries which practices being uncircumsized because of their culture preferences but in our country most of the filipino men are circumsized. Being circumsized means to be clean and being a real man.

Here are some personal stories regarding being uncircumsized and circumsized gathered by Dr. Golonka:
"Robert, age 42: All of the men in my family are circumcised, and it is important to me that my sons are circumcised as well. I have three sons, and none of them has ever had a problem resulting from being circumcised. I think it's important that they look the same as me and one another."

"Alfredo, age 36: As a young boy, my father taught me how to care for my uncircumcised penis, keeping it clean and clear of infection. I never felt that I was strange or different, and I have never had any problems due to not being circumcised."

"Elise, age 49: When our son William was born, we had him circumcised. He was born with a defect in his urinary tract that increases his risk for developing urinary tract infections. Since circumcision helps lower the risk for UTIs early in life, we decided to go ahead with the procedure. Lowering his high risk for UTIs was important to us."

"Habib, age 29: When our first son was born, we had him circumcised, since all the men in my family had been circumcised as infants. But the procedure was very painful and very stressful for him, so when our second son was born, we decided to leave him uncircumcised. After all, there's no real medical reason to have it done. We decided to spare him that pain. Both our sons are healthy and happy. Neither seems to care that their penises do not look exactly alike. I feel we made the right decision."

There are benefits of being circumsized. These are: circumcised boys have fewer urinary tract infections (UTIs) than boys who have not been circumcised, and Circumcised males may be slightly less likely to get a sexually transmitted disease (STD), including HIV. And the disadvantage of being uncircumsized is the person is at high risk of infection if not properly clean.

athenahladao

Back to top Go down

BSN III-D's Answers Regarding the Topics in Sexuality - Page 2 Empty Trisha Galia III-D

Post  trisha galia Sat Feb 14, 2009 5:07 am

Does listening to popular music and watching music videos with explicit sexual lyrics and actions increase the likelihood that teenagers will become sexually active? Why or why not?

Since Music Television (MTV) was introduced in 1981, music videos have become one of the most popular forms of entertainment among young people (Hansen & Hansen, 2000). The visual and auditory representation of music videos provides a powerful channel through which young people may learn about society, culture, and behaviors (Sun & Lull, 1986). With their high accessibility and immense appeal, music videos have the potential to affect this group's sexual and gender socialization (e.g., Hansen & Hansen, 2000).

In my opinion, music can affect a teenager's perception on sexuality. But, it depends on the person who is watching the music videos. Some become sexually active not only because of listening to it but because they are also being influenced by the people whom they are with. In some ways, the lyrics of these kind of music also affects how a person may think. Scenes music videos can be very sensual and a lot of the teenagers find it appealing. They may imitate these scenes because it influences them or some may do it just to gain popularity.

Wink
cyclops

trisha galia

Back to top Go down

Post  khateguilaran Sat Feb 14, 2009 11:15 am

The text states that in ancient times a menstruating woman was regarded as unclean and dangerous and that, even today, many couples avoid having intercourse while a woman is menstruating. What are the reasons for these negative values? What are your views about this statement?

I guess the reason why ancient people view the issue as “unclean” because the law of God said it so.

In Leviticus 18:19 tells us that,

“You shall not approach a woman to uncover her nakedness as long as she is in her customary impurity”.

God created sex. He created this, for His people’s enjoyment.
The Bible says that sex is a way for a husband and wife to express their love for one another.

Proverbs 5:18-19 – “May your fountain be blessed, and may you rejoice in the wife of your youth. A loving doe, a graceful deer — may her breasts satisfy you always, may you ever be captivated by her love.”

God also created menstruation.
But even if He creates this, it does not give any pleasure to Him.

As the Bible states,
Ezekiel 36:17:
“Son of man, when the house of Israel dwelt in their own land, they defiled it by their own ways and deeds; to Me their way was like the uncleanness of a woman in her customary impurity.”
That is why people view sex during menstruation was unclean.
On my own opinion, sex during menstruation was indeed wrong. I view this as very disgusting, unclean way of expressing love and disrespectful treatment on the women’s part. A couple can wait until the women’s menstruation is over for their enjoyment. And I do agree that it is one way of sinning against God.
Medically speaking, the risk of getting Sexually transmitted Diseases such as HIV, Gonorrhea, chlamydia, trichomonas, bacterial vaginosis etc., increases when a couple was sexually active during wife’s menstruation.
A report states:
In a health letter on September 25, 1995, the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention reported that avoiding sex that causes bleeding, or takes place while a woman is menstruating, cuts the risk of HIV infection. This CDC report was presented at the 11th meeting of the International Society for Sexually Transmitted Disease Research, which was held in New Orleans, Louisiana from August 27-30 in 1995. The CDC's letter focused on a case controlled analysis conducted by W.J. Kassler, in which 95 HIVcases of HIV transmission were closely studied. Kassler and his colleagues found that bleeding during sex accounted for 11% of the cases, and concluded that this type of transmission was a risk for both men, with a ratio of 8:1, and women, with a ratio of 4:1. Kassler also found that for women, having sex during menses, which accounted for 20% of the cases studied, was associated with a six-fold risk of transmission (6:1).

Thus, sex during menstruation should be avoided, in respect to our Creator and also in respect to our health.

References:

Kelli Mahoney, About.com
http://www.submission.org/women/period.html

cheers thank you gel! muah

khateguilaran

Back to top Go down

Post  akosikenken Sat Feb 14, 2009 12:05 pm

14) Do boys and girls differ in how important "being in love" is to their becoming sexual with each other? Is the saying true that "boys fall in love in order to get sex, while girls give sex in order to get love'?

In most cases, I do believe that SOME boys do fall in love in order to get sex but do you really call it love? On the other hand, Girls who give sex in order to get love are the DESPERATE ones. Nowadays, people engage into relationships in so many different reasons. One of them is for them to have extraordinary experiences or should I say just to have sex experiences. You cannot blame them for what they want because they have their own freewill. Of course it does matter to give your virginity to the one you love, but how can you be so sure that she or he is really the ONE? Nobody can tell. The important thing is, one must be responsible in all he's actions. You cannot just do things because you simply like it, you must also take into considerations the consequences that goes behind it. Always remember, "Ang pagsisisi ay laging nasa huli".. lol!

Kenneth Joy L. Pasaforte, BSN 3D

akosikenken

Back to top Go down

Post  akosikenken Sat Feb 14, 2009 12:21 pm

15) In your opinion, is there a prescribed age for a person to start engaging in sexual activities, like sexual intercourse? What are your basis for the prescription in the age? What is your view on teenagers engaging in sexual activities?

kevines wrote:...Deciding whether you’re ready is one of life’s biggest decisions. You’re the only one who can and should make it. in my opinion there is no right age in engaging in sexual activities but there is what we called accepting the responsibilities behind your actions.There is no right or wrong age for having sex. It all depends on who you are. Your mental state of mind, how strong and resistant you are from your peers and what and who you want to be. If you desire to be like the rest than of course you're gonna want to have sex and so forth, if you're strong minded and self-willed, you will do what you want to do, and nobody could stop you or make you do it. Sex is our Nature. Adult can't hide it from us for ever. It's all about being smart about it. Although there is a legal age of consent, that’s not necessarily the perfect age for you to start having sex. And there are no rules about how long you have to be going out with someone before you do it. Being ready happens at different times for everyone, but having sex because your friends are pressuring you is a bad call.You might feel awkward saying no but going through with it because you’re too polite to say no could be a big mistake. If you’ve got any doubts at all, or you feel under pressure, put the brakes on and talk about your feelings.If you think the time’s right, the first time will be loads more special if you talk about it with your boyfriend first. Tell him how you’d like it to happen and talk about contraception together. God gave us freewill for us to decide for our self and there is no right age but there is right mentality and maturity of the one who will be engaging in sex . one of the most famous lines in emotional blackmail is Like it or not, “if you loved me…” . However much you do love or like your boyfriend, sex isn’t something you have to do to prove it.The decision to have sex for the first time should be yours not something you do to make him happy. You can’t have your first time twice, so you’ve got every reason to think carefully about it and take it slowly.If he really loves you, he’ll respect your wishes and he’ll wait until you’re ready. It can be tempting to just get it over and done with, but it’s best to be absolutely sure so you don’t regret anything...

I agree that there is no right and wrong age for having sex. One must really be responsible enough to face the consequences behind his or her actions. Just make sure that after you've done, you must never regret it and put the blame on someone but instead you must enjoy it and share the experience with us (JOkE!) lol!

Kenneth Joy L. Pasaforte, BSN 3D

akosikenken

Back to top Go down

BSN III-D's Answers Regarding the Topics in Sexuality - Page 2 Empty armesto, alvin R.

Post  bino Sat Feb 14, 2009 1:16 pm

13) Does listening to popular music and watching music videos with explicit sexual lyrics and actions increase the likelihood that teenagers will become sexually active? Why or why not?

>>Mass media is sending out a wrong message to the public by broadcasting sex or any sexual matters in the mainstream, this type of video or music set off minds of the society or even the immature persons which may not interprets correctly or more over those who is not yet suitable to view those type of clips.

bino

Back to top Go down

Post  kyon21 Sun Feb 15, 2009 6:35 am

khateguilaran wrote:The text states that in ancient times a menstruating woman was regarded as unclean and dangerous and that, even today, many couples avoid having intercourse while a woman is menstruating. What are the reasons for these negative values? What are your views about this statement?

I guess the reason why ancient people view the issue as “unclean” because the law of God said it so.

In Leviticus 18:19 tells us that,

“You shall not approach a woman to uncover her nakedness as long as she is in her customary impurity”.

God created sex. He created this, for His people’s enjoyment.
The Bible says that sex is a way for a husband and wife to express their love for one another.

Proverbs 5:18-19 – “May your fountain be blessed, and may you rejoice in the wife of your youth. A loving doe, a graceful deer — may her breasts satisfy you always, may you ever be captivated by her love.”

God also created menstruation.
But even if He creates this, it does not give any pleasure to Him.

As the Bible states,
Ezekiel 36:17:
“Son of man, when the house of Israel dwelt in their own land, they defiled it by their own ways and deeds; to Me their way was like the uncleanness of a woman in her customary impurity.”
That is why people view sex during menstruation was unclean.
On my own opinion, sex during menstruation was indeed wrong. I view this as very disgusting, unclean way of expressing love and disrespectful treatment on the women’s part. A couple can wait until the women’s menstruation is over for their enjoyment. And I do agree that it is one way of sinning against God.
Medically speaking, the risk of getting Sexually transmitted Diseases such as HIV, Gonorrhea, chlamydia, trichomonas, bacterial vaginosis etc., increases when a couple was sexually active during wife’s menstruation.
A report states:
In a health letter on September 25, 1995, the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention reported that avoiding sex that causes bleeding, or takes place while a woman is menstruating, cuts the risk of HIV infection. This CDC report was presented at the 11th meeting of the International Society for Sexually Transmitted Disease Research, which was held in New Orleans, Louisiana from August 27-30 in 1995. The CDC's letter focused on a case controlled analysis conducted by W.J. Kassler, in which 95 HIVcases of HIV transmission were closely studied. Kassler and his colleagues found that bleeding during sex accounted for 11% of the cases, and concluded that this type of transmission was a risk for both men, with a ratio of 8:1, and women, with a ratio of 4:1. Kassler also found that for women, having sex during menses, which accounted for 20% of the cases studied, was associated with a six-fold risk of transmission (6:1).

Thus, sex during menstruation should be avoided, in respect to our Creator and also in respect to our health.

References:

Kelli Mahoney, About.com
http://www.submission.org/women/period.html

yeah baby!

kyon21

Back to top Go down

BSN III-D's Answers Regarding the Topics in Sexuality - Page 2 Empty tim "tigasin" Lazo

Post  bibi Sun Mar 22, 2009 3:19 am

15) In your opinion, is there a prescribed age for a person to start engaging in sexual activities, like sexual intercourse? What are your basis for the prescription in the age? What is your view on teenagers engaging in sexual activities?

For teens, the mere thought of sex can be overwhelming. There is so much to think about, so much to worry about, and so much that can go wrong. Whether you are sexually active or not, knowing the facts about what sex is, and what it is not, is very important.based on my experience Laughing , before I had my sexual intercoarse when I was 15 I remember that I was too worried about what is SEX all about. It makes me so curius that oneday I was so surprised that I found myself looking at naked pictures of womens body, I can say that it was a wrong move that it gave me a wrong definition of what is sex.....what is sex?hmmmp....for me Sex is... Twisted Evil
both physical and emmotional in nature risky. Risky because you can get pregnant, catch a sexually transmitted infection, have your heart broken or your ego bruised, or feel let down and disappointed when it is over a milestone; you only get one chance to lose your virginity
sensitive; be sure that the timing is right for you and your partner
not to be taken lightly or treated as recreation
best when it is a personal expression of caring between two people
messy and full of strange, sometimes embarassing noise for me those are the true meaning of sex...it is not based on books...but based on my experiences and learnings from other people....
Sex is NOT...
a way to make somebody love you or make a commitment to you Neutral
a test of your love for your partner Evil or Very Mad
a measure of how mature or grown up you are Rolling Eyes
a good way to get back at your parents or assert your independence Mad
a leisure activity Laughing
always fun or enjoyable, sometimes you will wonder if it was really worth it lol!
Remember, when you have sex for the wrong reasons you hurt yourself! Crying or Very sad

For me, those are my guidlines in deciding when to have sex....when you know the meaning of sex, you know what to do and what not to do...and you can be responsible....for me...there is no limitation in sex....even age....as long as you know what are the consequences and risk when you do it.....it is the maturity of mans mind not the age....you should be responsible first before engaging at sexual activities....you should be ready....you should accept that anytime you can be pregnant...you are responsible to yourself....that's why God gave you freewill and sound mind to decide on these matters....so for me...as lond as you know what you are doing, you are responsible....you are mature and ready to take risk....you can have sex all night long.... @

Last edited by bibi on Sun Mar 22, 2009 4:21 am; edited 1 time in total

bibi

Back to top Go down

BSN III-D's Answers Regarding the Topics in Sexuality - Page 2 Empty Adriano, Karl Lyndon M. BSN III-D

Post  lokangxiao Sun Mar 22, 2009 4:18 am

Hmmm... I think, 18 years old is the prescribed age, though it is a "SIN.." Because we all know that virginity is only given to the person whom we truly love and will live forever.. Like our generation, most of the teenagers are already engaging to sexual intercourse without knowing the consequences that they may face.. Teenagers must have the right knowledge about safe sex..

For me, teenagers who are engaging in sexual activities are sinful (whooshooo!!!!).. Very Happy Some people says that "sex" is a form of communication between lovers.. An action that is being done to show the love they have to each other.. But they are completely wrong! Sex is sacred! It can only be done by couples who promised to live forever in front of the altar through good times and bad times!! Oh well..

To all teenagers out there.. WAKE UP!! SEX IS THE KEY TO SURVIVAL! *whoa* Surprised im just joking! hahaha! Before doing anything, like sexual intercourse, think 100x whether this will do good to you and to your partner.. -ciao

lokangxiao

Back to top Go down

BSN III-D's Answers Regarding the Topics in Sexuality - Page 2 Empty 15) In your opinion, is there a prescribed age for a person to start engaging in sexual activities, like sexual intercourse? What are your basis for the prescription in the age? What is your view on teenagers engaging in sexual activities?

Post  iris_blue07 Sun Mar 22, 2009 7:17 am

In my opinion, in our generation today sexual activities is not a big deal any more unlike in the old times. Engaging in this kind of activity depends upon the person doing it, for me there are lots of things that must be consider before engaging in this kind of act. First he/she must atleast be in legal age that knows his/her responsibilities and knows the consequences that he/she might face. He/she must know how to handle his/her situation, and knows how to take safety precautions. In the other side, for me as much as possible before a couple engage in this kind of act let them be bind by marriage so that is not only socially acceptable but it feels more special if it has God's blessing, sex is not just an activity its is a sacred act I love you

iris_blue07

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next