Pediatric Nursing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The text states that in ancient times a menstruating woman was regarded as unclean and dangerous and that, even today, many couples avoid having intercourse while a woman is menstruating. What are the reasons for these negative values? What are your views

Go down

The text states that in ancient times a menstruating woman was regarded as unclean and dangerous and that, even today, many couples avoid having intercourse while a woman is menstruating. What are the reasons for these negative values? What are your views Empty The text states that in ancient times a menstruating woman was regarded as unclean and dangerous and that, even today, many couples avoid having intercourse while a woman is menstruating. What are the reasons for these negative values? What are your views

Post  patricia Mon Feb 16, 2009 12:13 am

in my own point of view ,. menstruation is one way of cleansing a womans body. it is a woman's monthly bleeding, also called a period. When you menstruate, your body is shedding the lining of the uterus (womb). Menstrual blood flows from the uterus through the small opening in the cervix, and passes out of the body through the vagina. Most menstrual periods last from three to five days. also it does not affect ones daily activity which includes sex. maybe the reason why many couples avoid doing it is because woman often feels sticky and stinky, and they thought that it can aggravate the sexual activity (increasing the pain during penetration) and guys felt messy seeing a blood while having an intercourse can also make them uncomfortable and it decreases their urge to continue the sexual activity with their partners. however we have discussed in the classroom that it is safe and just normal, and we have also tackled that it is one of the best time to do the sexual activity when your partner has her period. but of course i am into clean sexual activity i think its better to do it without your period though its just the same. that's it.

patricia

Back to top Go down