Pediatric Nursing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

1) Should sex be for procreation or recreation purposes as well? What are your influences for your views on this matter?

5 posters

Go down

1) Should sex be for procreation or recreation purposes as well? What are your influences for your views on this matter? Empty 1) Should sex be for procreation or recreation purposes as well? What are your influences for your views on this matter?

Post  Paola Millare Fri Feb 06, 2009 11:45 pm

TOPIC: Textbooks state that sexuality has biological, psychological and social dimensions and that people engage in sex due to differing views. However, many individuals and religions take the position that only procreation justifies engaging in sexual activities. What do you personally believe in? Should sex be for procreation or recreation purposes as well? What are your influences for your views on this matter?

- In my opinion, SEX should be for procreation alone. As what the bible says (which we don't hear much these days) "Premarital sex is a FORNIFICATION" it means that you are engaging in sexual activities (intercourse) without the sanity of marriage, which we all know as WRONG ACT. I also believe that everyone has different views on this subject but then everyone knew about this- that sex SHOULD be only DONE by those who are married. Nowadays, teenagers engage in premarital sex because of personal desires. Some teenagers admit that lack of tenderness in their lives and "needs" to feel loved often leads them to promiscuous behaviors. In the end, I just want to emphasize that before doing IT, think of all the consequences of your action. study

Paola M. Millare
BSN III-C

Last edited by Paola Millare on Sat Feb 14, 2009 12:14 am; edited 1 time in total

Paola Millare

Back to top Go down

1) Should sex be for procreation or recreation purposes as well? What are your influences for your views on this matter? Empty Reply

Post  Stephen John Mon Feb 09, 2009 11:05 pm

Sex should only be for procreation because sex is a divine act and should not be just for fun. When a woman and a man have sex, this should have a mind setting of responsibility. Being responsible means that people should know the importance of what they are doing and being prepared for the result of their act.

This is my opinion.

Enverga, Stephen John L. BSN III Section E

Stephen John

Back to top Go down

1) Should sex be for procreation or recreation purposes as well? What are your influences for your views on this matter? Empty Should sex be for procreation or recreation purposes as well? What are your influences for your views on this matter?

Post  belinda bobiles Sat Feb 14, 2009 6:25 am

sex is only for married people... it's for a husband and his wife what they will with it is their own buisiness.
i think its is both procreation and recreation for all those who are married.

Sex is the ultimate, intimate bond between man and wife. It is the expression of love between husband and wife, each giving themselves to the other in a very literal way. That said, the original commandment to Adam and Eve was to multiply and replenish the earth. That means procreation or sexual relations. They were longer lived and obviously healthier than we are today.
As for recreation, I do not like the connotation of that word, implying that there is no love or commitment required. Husband and wife can give themselves to each other as often as they see fit, but I would not call that purely recreation. I equate recreation with casual fling and that is not acceptable.

BOBILES, Belinda L.
BSN 3-E

belinda bobiles

Back to top Go down

1) Should sex be for procreation or recreation purposes as well? What are your influences for your views on this matter? Empty Should sex be for procreation or recreation purposes as well? What are your influences for your views on this matter?

Post  dkaenla Wed Feb 18, 2009 8:00 am

I have to DISAGREE that sex is for PROCREATION PURPOSES ONLY. According to webster, recreational sex: is sex “as a means of refreshment, diversion, entertainment, or amusement” as distinguished from procreative sex which is sex “for the purpose of reproduction.” But in my point of view, sex has BOTH procreation and recreation purposes, and not just for procreation purposes alone. When you engage in sex, (whether or not you plan to reproduce) serves its recreation purposes. For me, it should be recreation in a sense that there should also be limitations, balance and awareness of the consequences that one may face.

Jordana Layno
BSN III-B

Last edited by dkaenla on Wed Feb 18, 2009 8:01 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : i didn't post my name.. haha!)

dkaenla

Back to top Go down

Post  lanel_09 Wed Feb 18, 2009 9:14 am

sex is for procreation purposes as what every individual usually believes but we must take into consideration some instances wherein one cannot be married nor produce babies due to physical limitations of tehir bodies. one of the commenters said taht procreational sex is to reproduce , so it is not procreational in purposes all the time. sometimes a person engage in sex for recreational purposes too.

lanel_09

Back to top Go down