Pediatric Nursing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Topics for Sexuality

+47
eliz san diego
Sydrick Gutierrez
shine ibay
Hazel Anne Santos
ralph121289
Gino Angelo Aloc
bino
christellejolie
Patty Angeles
jaderamirez
Artesa Lim
janjan
jennifer mateo
elenorelopez
gail beligrado
mirzi sarte
dleai_17
jamestorres
camille
DR Balbuena 3-C
maurie lucas
Raffiel Jacinto
AngelicaRaymundo
Andrea Patricia M. Viray
JO ANNE MARIE A. TORAL
mitoooo
Allan Atienza
cez_prettygirl12
wyzzah
Juan Paulo Zamora
julienne sanga
maanlim
airoe28
pocholosantos
karla15
melabianca
Emmanuel vidal
anikka suba
jeanreyes
aliza hanna
clairiesincuya
beatriztalingting
pierreangelisuravilla
emsantos
jackycruiz
maalexandriavelasco
meyen
51 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Topics for Sexuality - Page 4 Empty 6) The text states that in ancient times a menstruating woman was regarded as unclean and dangerous and that, even today, many couples avoid having intercourse while a woman is menstruating. What are the reasons for these negative values? What are your vi

Post  Sydrick Gutierrez Sun Feb 15, 2009 11:19 am

People in the ancient times are doesn’t have enough knowledge why menstruation takes place and what it’s for. The people of today are educated enough but still choose not to have sex when the woman is menstruating only because they think it is dirty and it is embarrassing, just a drop of blood can clear a room full of people, how much more if the blood is all over the place while having sex. Combine that with the smell, and couples just loose their mood. But people in other parts of the world consider menstruation as normal body function; some even consider menstruation as a spiritual activity.

Menstrual fluid itself is not dangerous as long as it came from a person without any infectious diseases. If a woman has menstrual period it may also mean that she is not pregnant, a woman also has a decreased possibility of getting pregnant if she had sex during menstruation. I therefore conclude that in our present generation having sex while the woman is menstruating is simply their preference:o

Sydrick Gutierrez

Back to top Go down

Topics for Sexuality - Page 4 Empty 13) Does listening to popular music and watching music videos with explicit sexual lyrics and actions increase the likelihood that teenagers will become sexually active? Why or why not?

Post  eliz san diego Sun Feb 15, 2009 10:46 pm

Media has been a very big influence to each and everyone of. It is a contributing factor, as to my opinion, to increase the likelihood of teenagers to become sexually active. Mainly because teenagers is in the stage of curiosity and likes to have adventures, they love to try new things, and they are greatly, easily, influenced by the environment.

eliz san diego

Back to top Go down

Topics for Sexuality - Page 4 Empty 13) Does listening to popular music and watching music videos with explicit sexual lyrics and actions increase the likelihood that teenagers will become sexually active? Why or why not?

Post  conradsubido Sun Feb 15, 2009 11:02 pm

yes...because at the stage of being an adolescent, the person would want to be accepted by the public...in terms of music videos and media which is sexually explicit, it has become a norm to the public and is accepted by people as normal....i therefore conclude that sexually active-ness (kung may word na ganun) is seen in the media as normal and due to that is accepted and is mimicked by adolescents....

pero...it's more of a case to case basis....because some teenagers may or may not be affected by the media because of faith, indifference...or wala lang talaga clang tv o radio....

the end. Smile *bow*

conradsubido

Back to top Go down

Topics for Sexuality - Page 4 Empty #12

Post  mariretizos Mon Feb 16, 2009 7:44 am

12) Should contraceptives and birth control information be made available to minors through school clinics? If so, at what age should they be available?

Teenage pregnancy is being rampant nowadays. No matter how the country is trying to prevent it, still, rates of teenagers engaging in pre-marital sex are soaring high. That’s why having the minors informed of what contraceptives and birth control imply is a must. At age 12, they should be already taught on why those exist, and what are they for. This is due to the fact that at the start of adolescent years, they would start to explore the world around them. They would tend to go into different adventures, wherever it may take them. This sex education must then be emphasized to them. However, it doesn’t mean that once they were taught about it, they already have the liberty to do engage in sexual activities.

Retizos, Mari Adrienne A.
BSN III-B

mariretizos

Back to top Go down

Topics for Sexuality - Page 4 Empty #13

Post  mariretizos Mon Feb 16, 2009 7:46 am

13) Does listening to popular music and watching music videos with explicit sexual lyrics and actions increase the likelihood that teenagers will become sexually active? Why or why not?

As for my opinion, I do believe that everyone (specifically teenagers) has his or her own standpoint regarding teenage sex. And for me, I am totally against it. Not only because it is wrong, but also because I would rather engage in such after marriage. And so, listening to popular music and watching music videos with explicit sexual lyrics and actions won’t ever increase the likelihood for teenagers like me to become sexually active. I was able to listen to music and watch motion pictures with such lyrics and actions; yet, it never made me sexually active. Engaging in sexual activities would only depend on the person, in terms of willingness and their decision to do so. 

BSN III-B

mariretizos

Back to top Go down

Topics for Sexuality - Page 4 Empty #15

Post  mariretizos Mon Feb 16, 2009 7:49 am

15) In your opinion, is there a prescribed age for a person to start engaging in sexual activities, like sexual intercourse? What are your bases for the prescription in the age? What is your view on teenagers engaging in sexual activities?

For me, I don’t think there is a prescribed age for a person to start engaging in sexual activities, particularly sexual intercourse. I still stick to the tradition that a person must only do it after marriage. I may be a futuristic though, but no one knows what could possibly happen next. A sexual intercourse may then lead to early pregnancy, early parenting, so on and so forth. This is the reason why I disagree with the teenagers who decide to be involved in such, for they do not know what it would entail them. If we do not want to experience responsibilities that would be too early for us to bear, then I believe, abstinence could be an answer. Love could wait, and so would sex.

BSN III-B

mariretizos

Back to top Go down

Topics for Sexuality - Page 4 Empty #18

Post  mariretizos Mon Feb 16, 2009 7:52 am

18. As a college student, have you established a sexual boundary? What are these boundaries? How do you know when someone is being friendly or "too friendly"? How do you communicate your boundaries to others?

Yes, at this point in my life, I have already established a sexual boundary. I maybe too close and sweet with my peers of the opposite sex, however, they know for a fact that it is merely friendship, no more and no less. In terms of love, everyone knows that no matter how much I am in love with someone, my standpoint regarding teenage sex won’t change at all. I am still against it. Besides, if I am really loved at all, my decision would be fully respected. On the other hand, I easily notice when someone is just being too friendly (to others), and has hidden agenda aside. However, in my case, I have not encountered such. It’s maybe because I have always been treated as a baby by my friends, and I am really treated with extra care (by my guy friends). But if in case, just in case, I would encounter someone being too friendly to me, I would unmindfully voice out what I feel, yet in a nice way. 

BSN III-B

mariretizos

Back to top Go down

Topics for Sexuality - Page 4 Empty #19

Post  mariretizos Mon Feb 16, 2009 7:52 am

19. In an article (http://www.stdservices.on.net/std/social_aspects/disability.htm), one physically disabled woman wrote regarding the issues she faced when she became pregnant: "How could you do it?" was a question which had many nuances and was put to me by many people during and after my pregnancy. The GP wondered how I could have had intercourse in my "predicament" . . . you see, not only was it immoral to be an unmarried mother, it was doubly immoral to be an unmarried mother AND a severely disabled person . . .". In your opinion, do you agree with the views of the health care providers on the pregnancy of this disabled woman? If so, why? If not, give your explanation as well.

As for my opinion, I both agree and disagree with those health care providers being against sexual intercourse for a disabled woman. Yes, somehow, it would be wrong for the woman for two reasons. First is because she is unmarried, and second, she must have consulted beforehand a health care provider to seek an advice regarding the risks that she would be taking due to her condition. It could be a double responsibility for her. However, not because a person is disabled, she would not be anymore entitled to be pregnant. If her disability won’t affect the pregnancy, and the other way around, then she gets a chance to bear a child. It’s not a predicament after all. It is considered a blessing since despite of having a disability, a child was given in return. But still, she must be married, for her sake, and especially for the child so as to be brought up having both mother and father as well. 

BSN III-B

mariretizos

Back to top Go down

Topics for Sexuality - Page 4 Empty Apart from religion, what other factors might contribute to parents deciding whether or not to have a baby boy circumcised?

Post  shiellarondina Mon Feb 16, 2009 8:35 am

aside from religious aspect, parents decided to have their baby boy be circumcised is due to cultural, medical, and personal aspect.
Due to cultural aspect, some parents has a tradition to be followed. In Philippines, we have a culture and "paniniwala" that a baby boy must be circumcised while China and Japan, have never engaged in the practice of circumcision.
Due to medical aspect, circumcision might have a slightly lower chance of urinary tract infections during the first year of life, prevention of phimosis (an uncommon condition when a male is not able to pull back the
foreskin), lower risk of getting cancer of the penis (a very rare cancer in both circumcised and
uncircumcised males), prevention of infection of the foreskin, and slightly lower chance of getting sexually transmitted diseases. Based on the 2007 Group Health Cooperative.
Due to personal aspect, the parents decided to have their baby boy be circumcised is because the baby's father or other males in the family are circumcised and also, to prevent the child from experiencing "Pang-aasar" from his playmates and friends.

shiellarondina

Back to top Go down

Topics for Sexuality - Page 4 Empty Does listening to popular music and watching music videos with explicit sexual lyrics and actions increase the likelihood that teenagers will become sexually active? Why or why not?

Post  jessarubio Wed Feb 18, 2009 9:30 am

“Tell me what your favorite music are, and I’ll tell you who you are.”
In some way, yes it does. Music can influence the mindset of a person. You see, if a person listens to “Emo” songs, we say that that person is “emo”; if a person listens to hiphop songs, we think that that person is a dancer or love dancing; if a person prefers rock songs, then we can say that person is a rocker; if a person always listen to love song, we think that that person is inlove. So most probably, if a person always listens and watches music video with explicit sexual lyrics and actions, then probably that person is sexually preoccupied or sexually active. Now a days, people especially the youth are very curious when it comes to sex. So if the youth will be exposed to this kind of music, the tendency is, they will IMITATE and DO what they see and what they hear.

However, it really depends on the people listening and watching the music video. If that person is properly oriented and educated about SEX, then whatever she/he heard or saw on that video, nothing can affect or influence her sexual activity.
tongue

Jessa Rubio, 3-B

jessarubio

Back to top Go down

Topics for Sexuality - Page 4 Empty #20

Post  mariretizos Wed Feb 18, 2009 9:37 am

20. What is your opinion on the escalating openness of the 21st century in discussing sexuality through media and movies where sex has become commonplace and frontal nudity is hardly even shocking anymore?

It is too bad that nowadays, our tradition starts to fade. Well for me, it is okay to discuss sexuality through media, provided that those were discussed to increase the people’s awareness about the topic. This could also help so as the youth won’t be that much curious about that certain issue. Media could greatly influence the people. And if they would only present us inappropriate conceptualization of sexuality (e.g. frontal nudity), then it should be prohibited. It may only lead to negative perception of what it really meant.

BSN III-B

mariretizos

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4