Pediatric Nursing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

17. What for you is "sexual harrassment"? Does it only pertain to physical actions or does it include verbal insinuations of one's sexuality as well?

4 posters

Go down

17. What for you is "sexual harrassment"? Does it only pertain to physical actions or does it include verbal insinuations of one's sexuality as well? Empty 17. What for you is "sexual harrassment"? Does it only pertain to physical actions or does it include verbal insinuations of one's sexuality as well?

Post  lanel_09 Wed Feb 18, 2009 8:54 am

for me, SEXUAL HARRASSMENT does not only pertains to physical abuse, it also includes verbal abuse. furthermore it is supported by my source which stated "Unwelcome sexual advances, requests for sexual favors, and other verbal or physical conduct of a sexual nature constitutes sexual harassment."

such verbal sexual harrassment includes:Whistling or making cat calls at someone, Making sexual comments about a person's clothing or body, Telling sexual jokes or stories, Asking personal questions about sexual life, fantasies, preferences or history, Repeatedly "asking out" a person who is not interested, Turning work discussions to sexual topics, Referring to an adult woman or man as a hunk, doll, babe or honey, and Telling lies or spreading rumors about a person's personal sex life

SEXUAL HARRASSMENT has always been against the law and must be prevented if possible. 'cause it can not only affect us physically, but it can affect us Emotionally, and spiritually.

lanel_09

Back to top Go down

17. What for you is "sexual harrassment"? Does it only pertain to physical actions or does it include verbal insinuations of one's sexuality as well? Empty sexual harrassment

Post  dkaenla Wed Feb 18, 2009 9:19 am

I agree with you. I think people just misconstrue the word. Because when you hear the word "sexual harrassment", our mind immediately flicks to the physical part. We don't take into consideration the other aspects which can have an impact on a person. Smile

dkaenla

Back to top Go down

17. What for you is "sexual harrassment"? Does it only pertain to physical actions or does it include verbal insinuations of one's sexuality as well? Empty Re: 17. What for you is "sexual harrassment"? Does it only pertain to physical actions or does it include verbal insinuations of one's sexuality as well?

Post  JayCerro Thu Feb 19, 2009 11:14 am

yes, i agree that its not only the physical aspect we look into but also verbal and emotional aspect of an individual...example i know is: when an individual is doing black-mail, or showing a scandal or threaten to show their sexual actions in public, those are sample of abuse.......
An individual may agree to have sex but she may not know that she is being taped..... and then her partner threaten her that he'll show it in public if or for any conditions....as what I've mentioned earlier...^^,
Cerro, Jay Mark M., BSN III-B

JayCerro

Back to top Go down

17. What for you is "sexual harrassment"? Does it only pertain to physical actions or does it include verbal insinuations of one's sexuality as well? Empty 17. What for you is "sexual harrassment"? Does it only pertain to physical actions or does it include verbal insinuations of one's sexuality as well?

Post  alexies parker Sun Mar 22, 2009 10:44 pm

for me,sexual harrassment is both physical actions and verbal insinuations of one's sexuality.Because according to the U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, Sexual harassment is a form of sex discrimination that violates Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964. Title VII applies to employers with 15 or more employees, including state and local governments. It also applies to employment agencies and to labor organizations, as well as to the federal government.

Unwelcome sexual advances, requests for sexual favors, and other verbal or physical conduct of a sexual nature constitute sexual harassment when this conduct explicitly or implicitly affects an individual's employment, unreasonably interferes with an individual's work performance, or creates an intimidating, hostile, or offensive work environment.(http://www.eeoc.gov/types/sexual_harassment.html).

alexies parker

Back to top Go down