Pediatric Nursing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

15) In your opinion, is there a prescribed age for a person to start engaging in sexual activities, like sexual intercourse? What are your basis for the prescription in the age? What is your view on teenagers engaging in sexual activities?

+3
solis hazel mae
PACH YONGQUE (^___^)
kitdelosreyes
7 posters

Go down

15) In your opinion, is there a prescribed age for a person to start engaging in sexual activities, like sexual intercourse? What are your basis for the prescription in the age? What is your view on teenagers engaging in sexual activities? Empty 15) In your opinion, is there a prescribed age for a person to start engaging in sexual activities, like sexual intercourse? What are your basis for the prescription in the age? What is your view on teenagers engaging in sexual activities?

Post  kitdelosreyes Thu Feb 12, 2009 9:22 pm

In consideration with the "trend" nowadays on sexual activity in relation to the person's age, I will say that there is no specific age that is prescribed by any expert. I have browsed different websites that may give an idea on the ideal age but there is no article regarding it. (If anyone does know any literature on this, you are free to share it.Very Happy)

For me, it is not merely on the age of a person that can determine when to begin having sexual activity but in their knowledge concerning this topic. Knowledge in terms of the purpose of such actions, responsibilities and possible consequences that may result in doing these activities. With adequate knowledge a person has, they become matured on the idea of this subject. Hence, they may take this more seriously and will not perceive sexual activity as only for pleasure purposes.

So I come to a point that the time to start engaging in sexual activity is when a person is intellectually matured. But, when do we consider a person to be in that level? People might say that sexual activity can begin at ages 16-18 years old since they may already have an idea on how sexual intercourse happens. However, I believe that proper knowledge on why such actions are done is an important factor. Hence, when a person realizes that sexual activities are not only for recreation but also for procreation. When that fact is taken into consideration, then it would be a good time to engage in such activity. So, I think it would be around the age of 20 and above. Exclamation

My view to the teenagers who are engaging in sexual activities is that they are merely curious people, or like in girls, they may have loved their partner too much that they gave everything for them. Well, it's not really that big of a deal for me if the person is 17 years old and above. But when the topic is on 15 years old and below. That's something really to be shocked about. I mean, how in the world would they know how sexual intercourse works, right? Question It's a bit disgusting when you think about a kid having sexual intercourse with another kid or a kid having sexual intercourse with an older person. That's just not right, sorry to say... Evil or Very Mad

So here ends my view points! I would gladly appreciate your comments. Thank You! Very Happy cheers

By Katherine M. Delos Reyes; Section 3B Group 1

kitdelosreyes

Back to top Go down

15) In your opinion, is there a prescribed age for a person to start engaging in sexual activities, like sexual intercourse? What are your basis for the prescription in the age? What is your view on teenagers engaging in sexual activities? Empty Re: 15) In your opinion, is there a prescribed age for a person to start engaging in sexual activities, like sexual intercourse? What are your basis for the prescription in the age? What is your view on teenagers engaging in sexual activities?

Post  PACH YONGQUE (^___^) Fri Feb 13, 2009 2:55 am

Last edited by PACH YONGQUE (^___^) on Sat Mar 05, 2016 3:47 pm; edited 1 time in total

PACH YONGQUE (^___^)

Back to top Go down

15) In your opinion, is there a prescribed age for a person to start engaging in sexual activities, like sexual intercourse? What are your basis for the prescription in the age? What is your view on teenagers engaging in sexual activities? Empty Re: 15) In your opinion, is there a prescribed age for a person to start engaging in sexual activities, like sexual intercourse? What are your basis for the prescription in the age? What is your view on teenagers engaging in sexual activities?

Post  kitdelosreyes Fri Feb 13, 2009 4:20 am

PACH YONGQUE (^___^) wrote:Hello Katherine!

I agree with you that there is really no specific age that is prescribed by an expert to start in engaging with sexual activities. But, do you consider the intellectual maturity as the only factor or basis of engaging in sexual activities?

I have the same opinion regarding people having the knowledge concerning their actions, responsibilities, and possible consequences of these actions, but is knowledge enough to say that a person can engage in any sexual activity? confused

Pachi Yongque Smile

Hmmm.... Intellectual maturity is not only the factor but it is one of the IMPORTANT ones. That is in my opinion. This is because when a person is not matured enough in this subject matter then he/she engages in such activities and he/she may not be aware of what may happen after. Hence, he/she may not properly face or handle the future consequences.

For example, a 12-year-old, may somehow believe, if without proper sexual education, that you can't get pregnant when it is your first time to engage in sexual activity. So, if this girl does engages in sexual intercourse while carrying that belief, then she did unfortunately got pregnant. She may not be able to handle properly the consequences she may encounter. Like, would she keep the baby?, what would her parents say?, and is she still going to attend school? Everything would be affected, right? Then, let's just say that her parents didn't accept her and then her partner left her. Her life then would be a disaster.

So for me, intellectual maturity is the top one factor because if you're not matured enough then you might just end up like that 12-year-old girl. However, the story changes if her parents are in full support, right? But that's not in my topic anymore.. Smile

kitdelosreyes

Back to top Go down

Post  PACH YONGQUE (^___^) Fri Feb 13, 2009 3:25 pm

Last edited by PACH YONGQUE (^___^) on Sat Mar 05, 2016 3:46 pm; edited 1 time in total

PACH YONGQUE (^___^)

Back to top Go down

15) In your opinion, is there a prescribed age for a person to start engaging in sexual activities, like sexual intercourse? What are your basis for the prescription in the age? What is your view on teenagers engaging in sexual activities? Empty In your opinion, is there a prescribed age for a person to start engaging in sexual activities, like sexual intercourse? What are your basis for the prescription in the age? What is your view on teenagers engaging in sexual activities?

Post  solis hazel mae Sat Feb 14, 2009 12:19 am

In my opinion, I neither believe that there is a specific or prescribed age for people to start in sexual intercourse nor do I agree that people can engage in it if they are intellectually mature or know the consequences of their action. For me, sex is something holy and is considered by God as “sacred relationship” reserved only for marriage. It is a freedom given by GOD to all those who are married. Furthermore, I don’t agree with teenagers engaging in sexual activities that are outside marriage. Since our body is the temple of the Holy Spirit, we should use it to honor God. That is why teenagers should remain pure and wait for the right time to do it.

solis hazel mae

Back to top Go down

Post  kitdelosreyes Sat Feb 14, 2009 2:41 am

solis hazel mae wrote:In my opinion, I neither believe that there is a specific or prescribed age for people to start in sexual intercourse nor do I agree that people can engage in it if they are intellectually mature or know the consequences of their action. For me, sex is something holy and is considered by God as “sacred relationship” reserved only for marriage. It is a freedom given by GOD to all those who are married. Furthermore, I don’t agree with teenagers engaging in sexual activities that are outside marriage. Since our body is the temple of the Holy Spirit, we should use it to honor God. That is why teenagers should remain pure and wait for the right time to do it.

I never thought of it that way. I was so into explaining it in a "medical" way that I forgot the spiritual side of it. I totally agree and see your point. I respect your answer! Thank you so much for that reply. cheers

While reading your reply, I realized then how disappointing the teenagers nowadays are and how our beliefs in the teachings of God are now fading away. As a student nurse, I then felt that it is also our responsibility to teach them or refresh to them on these teaching of God regarding sexual activity. (If it coincides with their religion.) Very Happy

kitdelosreyes

Back to top Go down

Post  gail beligrado Sat Feb 14, 2009 9:17 am

I agree to the people who said that there is should be "marriage" before sexual intercourse.

i am not being "manang" or whatever. and with the generation right now, i think sexual intercourse is something that most teenagers would like to experience. (i did not say all, i just said most.. haha) anyway, but its not really the cream on the top of the relationship. lust is far different from love. you can love without lust. and you can lust without love.

yeah. as long as their ready and responsible to take any consequences behind the pleasure would be the best to say but when is that? when they are 15 years old and excited to have a child? when they are 12 years old and does not care because they have a 45-year-old soon-to-be-rich-husband waiting for them? or when they are 18 years old and so in love with their boyfriend? actually, giving an age limit to having sexual intercourse is not the best solution. MARRIAGE is. an 18 year old could be mature enough to face the consequences of her/his action and a 35 year old could be not mature enough to face the real world. it could be possible. if love is really overpowering a relationship, surely lust would be the least they could think of.

if they really could not wait to have sexual intercourse with their loved one, maybe they should get married. at least they have all the time in the world to do it. and not thinking of any consequences that would come in to the way. love can be expressed in different way. and sex is not the only solution. it would be different if you would engage with sexual intercourse out of commitment not out of pleasure right?

but i am not angry of the teenagers who do it. i mean its their choice. they should be happy with it. i just wish they make the best choices out of their free will.

gail beligrado

Back to top Go down

15) In your opinion, is there a prescribed age for a person to start engaging in sexual activities, like sexual intercourse? What are your basis for the prescription in the age? What is your view on teenagers engaging in sexual activities? Empty 15) In your opinion, is there a prescribed age for a person to start engaging in sexual activities, like sexual intercourse? What are your basis for the prescription in the age? What is your view on teenagers engaging in sexual activities?

Post  Hazel Anne Santos Sun Feb 15, 2009 7:44 am

I agree, there is no specific age that is prescribed, It is our own decision whether we would engage ourselves on it or not. We have our own mind and will. Just know that in every action that you do know the consequences and be responsible to it. We need to carefully consider what is healthy and what isn’t and then make educated choice.

Hazel Anne Santos

Back to top Go down

Post  kitdelosreyes Sun Feb 15, 2009 9:24 am

gail beligrado wrote:I agree to the people who said that there is should be "marriage" before sexual intercourse.

i am not being "manang" or whatever. and with the generation right now, i think sexual intercourse is something that most teenagers would like to experience. (i did not say all, i just said most.. haha) anyway, but its not really the cream on the top of the relationship. lust is far different from love. you can love without lust. and you can lust without love.

yeah. as long as their ready and responsible to take any consequences behind the pleasure would be the best to say but when is that? when they are 15 years old and excited to have a child? when they are 12 years old and does not care because they have a 45-year-old soon-to-be-rich-husband waiting for them? or when they are 18 years old and so in love with their boyfriend? actually, giving an age limit to having sexual intercourse is not the best solution. MARRIAGE is. an 18 year old could be mature enough to face the consequences of her/his action and a 35 year old could be not mature enough to face the real world. it could be possible. if love is really overpowering a relationship, surely lust would be the least they could think of.

if they really could not wait to have sexual intercourse with their loved one, maybe they should get married. at least they have all the time in the world to do it. and not thinking of any consequences that would come in to the way. love can be expressed in different way. and sex is not the only solution. it would be different if you would engage with sexual intercourse out of commitment not out of pleasure right?

but i am not angry of the teenagers who do it. i mean its their choice. they should be happy with it. i just wish they make the best choices out of their free will.

Thank you for your time to do a reply on the topic. It does make sense that being matured "blooms" at different times. I get that. I agree that there is never a specific age that we can estimate regarding maturity or even when to start engaging in sexual intercourse.

By the way, I don't think you're being a "manang" about it.. Very Happy

P.S.: If anyone knows what passage in the Bible that says what we are discussing right now... Please share it to this forum! Thank you!

kitdelosreyes

Back to top Go down

15) In your opinion, is there a prescribed age for a person to start engaging in sexual activities, like sexual intercourse? What are your basis for the prescription in the age? What is your view on teenagers engaging in sexual activities? Empty In your opinion, is there a prescribed age for a person to start engaging in sexual activities, like sexual intercourse? What are your basis for the prescription in the age? What is your view on teenagers engaging in sexual activities?

Post  rhena simon Sun Feb 15, 2009 1:20 pm

Teenage engaging sexual activity is rampant nowadays. For me, there is actually no prescribed age in engaging sexual activity or sexual intercourse. Couples who are married and committed to one another in Christ, would probably the right time to have engaged in sexual activity. Marriage is a sacred, where two people become one and sexual activity is God’s gift to all married couples.
Exclamation But of course before someone gets married he/she should be financially stable, emotionally mature and ready. You just don’t marry someone to be have sexual activity. Very Happy
Sexual activity/intercourse - It’s a matter of waiting the right person in the right Time. Like a Star @ heaven I love you Like a Star @ heaven

rhena simon

Back to top Go down

Post  kitdelosreyes Mon Feb 16, 2009 10:11 am

rhena simon wrote:Teenage engaging sexual activity is rampant nowadays. For me, there is actually no prescribed age in engaging sexual activity or sexual intercourse. Couples who are married and committed to one another in Christ, would probably the right time to have engaged in sexual activity. Marriage is a sacred, where two people become one and sexual activity is God’s gift to all married couples.
Exclamation But of course before someone gets married he/she should be financially stable, emotionally mature and ready. You just don’t marry someone to be have sexual activity. Very Happy
Sexual activity/intercourse - It’s a matter of waiting the right person in the right Time. Like a Star @ heaven I love you Like a Star @ heaven

You're totally right! Thank you for your reply. Very Happy

I hope that everyone who reads this forum would keep in mind that maturity is not only the factor to be considered regarding on when to start engaging on sexual activity. But marriage on the right time with the right person should also be considered. Very Happy

kitdelosreyes

Back to top Go down

15) In your opinion, is there a prescribed age for a person to start engaging in sexual activities, like sexual intercourse? What are your basis for the prescription in the age? What is your view on teenagers engaging in sexual activities? Empty Teenage Sex & prescribed age

Post  Koreana Mon Feb 16, 2009 2:02 pm

Hello Kit,
I beg to ask the question from the perspective of the One who made us. Firstly, there is no prescribe age that I know about but to everything there is a season. (Ecc. 3:1-Cool. Secondly, teen sex is treading on dangerous waters without fully understanding or caring about the dangers to others and ourselves. We are to reserve sexual expression for marriage. These rules seem unnecessarily restrictive but our Creator’s boundaries are for our protection from its long-term damaging effects. God designed sexual intimacy to be a beautiful part of a marriage relationship. Too often, though, in our hunger for a close and loving relationship we may pursue sexual intimacy as a means to that end. In the process, the rush of hormones can blind us so that we end up ignoring the profound spiritual implications of our actions (1 Cor. 6:15-20). There are consequences to misdirected sexual desires. We cannot afford to look to the culture for principles of sexual behavior because crossing sexual boundaries not only produces victims but also invites God’s judgment (1Th 4:4-6). Sex in the right setting results in joy but in the wrong setting, it produces pain.
I hope this helps.
Aunt Dette

Koreana

Back to top Go down

Post  kitdelosreyes Tue Feb 17, 2009 3:05 pm

Koreana wrote:Hello Kit,
I beg to ask the question from the perspective of the One who made us. Firstly, there is no prescribe age that I know about but to everything there is a season. (Ecc. 3:1-Cool. Secondly, teen sex is treading on dangerous waters without fully understanding or caring about the dangers to others and ourselves. We are to reserve sexual expression for marriage. These rules seem unnecessarily restrictive but our Creator’s boundaries are for our protection from its long-term damaging effects. God designed sexual intimacy to be a beautiful part of a marriage relationship. Too often, though, in our hunger for a close and loving relationship we may pursue sexual intimacy as a means to that end. In the process, the rush of hormones can blind us so that we end up ignoring the profound spiritual implications of our actions (1 Cor. 6:15-20). There are consequences to misdirected sexual desires. We cannot afford to look to the culture for principles of sexual behavior because crossing sexual boundaries not only produces victims but also invites God’s judgment (1Th 4:4-6). Sex in the right setting results in joy but in the wrong setting, it produces pain.
I hope this helps.
Aunt Dette

Tita Dette! Thank you so much for your reply and even your time to read my comment regarding the topic. Very Happy I really appreciate the passages you have noted in your reply and I would surely look it up in the Bible. Very Happy

kitdelosreyes

Back to top Go down