BSN III-A's ANSWERS REGARDING THE TOPIC OF SEXUALITY

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

GONZALES, Mark Christopher O.

Post  sleepybunny005 on Sat Feb 14, 2009 12:43 pm

Hi!
Just a reminder, proper decorum should be observed..Smile Use of inappropriate words is discouraged.

Thank you! Smile

sleepybunny005

Posts : 6
Join date : 2008-12-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

ALLANIGUE, Larissa May D.

Post  Larissa_allanigue on Sat Feb 14, 2009 1:55 pm

6) The text states that in ancient times a menstruating woman was regarded as unclean and dangerous and that, even today, many couples avoid having intercourse while a woman is menstruating. What are the reasons for these negative values? What are your views?

In ancient Rome, Pliny the Elder wrote in his Natural History that bees left hives, mares miscarried and corn in the field withered at the touch of a menstruating woman. Australian aborigines told boys that, if they set their eyes on menstrual blood, their hair would turn gray and their vigor would be lost. Only a few decades ago in Europe, they believed that menstruating women could turn wine to vinegar and, if involved in the brewing of beer, would spoil the product. Some religions consider menstruating women to be unclean and impure.

There is no scientific basis for attributing malevolent (bad) magical effects to menstruation. Food and drink are not spoiled by menstruating women. Menstruating women do not repel bees or gray the hair of onlooking boys. If so, why has menstruation been regarded so negatively? There seem to be several reasons.

First, menstruation was a very mysterious process to ancient peoples. From their viewpoint, bleeding was associated with wounds and death. Yet when women bled from their genitals — they did not die. This mysterious phenomenon led to a reaction of wonder and fear.

Second, menstruation was viewed as a form of purification involving the elimination of extra blood and body wastes. Thus, the menstruating woman was seen as "unclean." Actually there is nothing particularly unsanitary about the menstrual flow. Even so, the view of the menstrual flow being unclean remains with us today. Even the terminology — "sanitary napkins" — and content of menstrual hygiene advertisements emphasize achieving cleanliness.
Shocked

Adapted from Zick Rubin and Elton McNeil's Psychology: Being Human, Harper and Row, 1987, pages 94-97.

While some women feel may feel uncomfortable about having sexual intercourse during menstruation, it’s perfectly OK, and may even help relieve menstrual cramps. In fact, although not scientifically proven, researchers have associated sex during menstruation with decreased endometriosis, as well as with several other health benefits including a long life; absence of heart disease, stroke, and breast cancer; healthy immunity; regulating the menstrual cycle; pain management; and improved quality of life. While the health benefits of sexual intercourse need more study, there is no health reason not to have sex during menstruation, so, go ahead, and have sex during your period if you want to! Wink

http://pms.about.com/od/myths/a/menstrual_myths.htm

As stated above, people in ancient times believed that women who menstruate are unclean possibly because they do not have knowledge regarding menstruation that would make it bazaar to them but today since we have enough knowledge to know that menstruation is a normal cycle that occurs in all women and does not signify uncleanliness in fact it is beleived that menstruation is the result of cleansing the uterus of a woman. regarding the couples choice not to have sex during the woman's period i believe that is totally the choice of the couple whether to have sexual intercourse or not during her period although i think it may be hard with all the blood its still up to the couple on how to do it in fact as stated above having sex during the woman's period is good since it helps in abdominal cramping and also has its health benefits for the woman lol!

Larissa_allanigue

Posts : 1
Join date : 2009-02-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

SUBMITTED BY: SARTO, NADDINE ALELIH D. BSN III-A GROUP 4

Post  Naddine Sarto on Sat Feb 14, 2009 3:06 pm

SUBMITTED BY: SARTO, NADDINE ALELIH D. BSN III-A GROUP 4

14) Do boys and girls differ in how important "being in love" is to their becoming sexual with each other? Is the saying true that "boys fall in love in order to get sex, while girls give sex in order to get love'?


The experience of being "in love" may be a mixture of many emotions, as described by most modern students. Within the experience, there are, of course, some feelings that are not sexual at all, such as pride and possessiveness, jealousy and fear. Being "in love" also encompasses certain feelings which, while they appear to be closely related to sex, seem to be quite unlike the "sensual" ones that lead to physical intercourse. Commonly present, for example, is some degree of appreciation and enjoyment of the "aesthetic" traits of the attractive person. Certain surface features and qualities are known to be pleasing to the senses, and it is common knowledge that the perception of this kind of sexual attractiveness, or "beauty," is something that may differ greatly from one person to another. A number of students of sex behavior believe that the admiration of this kind of attractiveness is of very great importance in the development of sexual love. Since, however, as has often been pointed out, the sex organs themselves have never been regarded as beautiful in themselves; it may be that the feelings aroused by the aesthetic kind of attractiveness are different in some fundamental way from those that lead to the sexual act. A really complete sex psychology will need to tell in what sense or in what way these feelings are "sexual," and like-wise what part they play in the growth of love between men and women. (http://www.oldandsold.com/articles09/sexual-emotion-2.shtml)

Real love is a combination of need, compensation & unconditional love. You may love a person because you need him, because you are compensating for the things you don’t have or because you love him unconditionally. However, the more you shift away from compensation and need towards unconditional love the more it’s a healthy relation and the more its real love. I think it’s impossible to have a relation that doesn’t contain those two factors (need & compensation) but the bottom line is, keeping their percentage lower in the relation compared to unconditional love. (http://www.2knowmyself.com/Relationships_love_psychology/what_is_love/what_is_real_love)

In my opinion, a boy will know there is not a person in the world who would desire to make a girl fall in love and then break her heart by rejecting her. Consequently, when a girl accepts her a boy who appeals to her and then finds herself falling more and more in love, whether it is returned or not. For some women, they are completely unafraid to confess her love and offer her body because she wants him for her partner and knows absolutely and positively that he would never take advantage of her unless he knew there was a possibility that he could fall in love with her as well. He knows it would be his responsibility since nothing can make him hurt her this way unless he wants to; it becomes impossible for him to derive satisfaction from deflowering her under these conditions. When a boy understands the principle of "No Blame", he also knows well that a girl will be perfectly willing to go the extreme once he encourages her to fall in love by kissing and becoming more and more intimate, he recognizes that there is no advantage, in fact a complete waste of time, to pay flattering compliments and hand her a line when knowing that he will be compelled, of his own free will, to refuse her body when it is offered unless he is serious with her, that is, unless he feels from the very first time he sees her that he could fall in love. Since the meaning of love before intercourse takes place is the possibility of sexual gratification, how is it possible for a boy to desire taking out a girl that he is not sexually attracted to, when he knows that he will be compelled to refuse her overtures unless he has serious intentions, that is, unless he feels from the moment he sees her that these feelings can be reciprocated. Once he discovers that there is no advantage in making a girl fall in love with him unless he sees the possibility of loving her back, he will be forced to turn down her generosity since it is not a source of satisfaction to hurt this girl by ruining her life when he knows that she will never hold him responsible for doing what he knows she must excuse, and he can never justify.


Last edited by Naddine Sarto on Sat Feb 14, 2009 3:58 pm; edited 4 times in total

Naddine Sarto

Posts : 4
Join date : 2009-02-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

REPLY TO PEPPER'S REACTION... from: SARTO, Naddine Alelih D.

Post  Naddine Sarto on Sat Feb 14, 2009 3:28 pm

pepper-oni wrote:As an adolescent of this era (nyahahaha), I do believe that teenagers will do have an increase of becoming sexually active and for me it's normal for this stage because according to Freud's 5th stage of Psychosexual Development, which is the Genital Stage, the drive of the Libido is towards the experience of pleasure with others. This is where your Ego and Superego comes in. The Ego limits the individual's striving for what the Id desires.It fixes practical limits, not to be crossed without fear of punishment greater than the pleasure anticipated. The Superego naman limits action on moral grounds and it also informs the individual what should not be done, on pain of conscious guilt and unconscious anxiety. . so for me, it is only the way how those teenagers react and how will they control their id personality.

Remember: Personality is to a man what perfume is to a flower. +Charles M. Schwab+
lol!


REPLY:
hahaha, lumalabas ang pagka-2nd DL mo ah... first c rebuds! Laughing
Kidding aside, i do agree with what you've stated above. In addition, a part of how teenagers react is the influence from their environment, which makes it more harder for a person to decide and satisfy his/her own pleasures in life.

Naddine Sarto

Posts : 4
Join date : 2009-02-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

REPLY TO Mr. Mabaet's REACTION... from: SARTO, Naddine Alelih D.

Post  Naddine Sarto on Sat Feb 14, 2009 3:37 pm

elieli wrote:4) Is the uncircumcised male at a disadvantage in our culture? Why or why not? by Elito Mabaet

In my opinion, it is a disadvantage for our culture that a male is uncircumcised. Being circumcised is a part of manhood or "pagkabinata". When one is not circumcised, he can be called "supot" by peers and can also be judged as unclean. It is an essential part of growing up because it is the so-called transition from a "boy" to a "man". The parents is also a factor of pressuring their son to be circumcised as to their culture and belief. In addition, undergoing circumcision, in medical terms, is the removal of the foreskin (prepuce) from the penis. It is an effective method of hygiene and lowers the risk of having infection or related diseases.

According to this site:
What is the most common basis for the practice of circumcision in the Philippines?

As part of the non-medical non-religious rituals, as a rite of passage to manhood for the adolescent male children, as a result of fear of cultural stigma of being teased “supot”, as a result of peer pressure and as a result of the belief that all males should be circumcised with no specified reason. If there is a reason expressed by a parent, especially the mother, the reason is usually a myth, such as circumcision will make the boy cleaner, grow faster and taller.
http://uncircumcisedfilipinos.blogspot.com/

ELITO MABAET BSN III-A


REPLY:
i strongly agree with your opinion. Basically in most countries that practice circumcision, circumcision is sort of a part of a man's ego and pride. At the same time, it already made a stigma on us that when a man is not uncircumcised, he will be the center of criticism and taunt among his fellow men.
And most importantly, its a part of man's hygiene as what has been stated above.

Naddine Sarto

Posts : 4
Join date : 2009-02-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

REPLY TO Ms. Delicana's REACTION... from: SARTO, Naddine Alelih D.

Post  Naddine Sarto on Sat Feb 14, 2009 3:55 pm

jannic wrote:12) Should contraceptives and birth control information be made available to minors through school clinics? If so, at what age should they be available?
In todays society we cannot help the curiosity that fogs the clouds the mind of the minors. So, for me contraceptives and birth control information should be available in any age group, to satisfy thier thirst for curiosity. Just the information...
But not to the extent of its use in pre-marital sex. Because it is not ment abide or tolerate for premarital sex. Cool

Like a Star @ heaven Jan Nicole S. Delicana BSN III-A Group 2 Like a Star @ heaven


REPLY:
For my opinion, i don't think that it should be available in all age groups. Authorities should be the ones responsible for the distribution of contraceptives. "Money matters" isn't the point here.
A sex education should be implemented by our government so that people, especially those who are under privilege, will have the knowledge regarding the use of such, and most importantly the virtue of abstinence. Dissemination of information of contraceptives through media both has its advantages and disadvantages. However, a greater chance of having more disadvantages is at risk because, those who are sexually active and for those who are "curious" about it will take advantage of using it. More people, especially the teens, will engage themselves in pre-marital sex.

Naddine Sarto

Posts : 4
Join date : 2009-02-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Should contraceptives and birth control information be made available to minors through school clinics?

Post  aldreen marasigan on Sat Feb 14, 2009 11:21 pm

well, in my opinion this should be implemented by the government Laughing
nowadays a huge number of teenagers are hooked with sexual intercourse, mostly in the western countries and it is part of their culture that in a certain age a person must engaged into sexual intercourse. In our country due to curiosity some teenagers have tried it and some enjoyed lol! The government should be aware of this and should do something about this matter Smile

aldreen marasigan

Posts : 1
Join date : 2009-02-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

12) Should contraceptives and birth control information be made available to minors through school clinics? If so, at what age should they be available?

Post  lxSxy on Sun Feb 15, 2009 1:58 am

for me YES, at what age? i it should be as soon as the child is in his or her adolescent age. At this stage, Puberty is a period of several years in which rapid physical growth and psychological changes occur, culminating in sexual maturity. The average onset of puberty is at 10 for girls and age 12 for boys. Every person's individual timetable for puberty is influenced primarily by heredity, although environmental factors, such as diet and exercise, also exert some influence.
Adolescent sexuality refers to sexual feelings, behavior and development in adolescents and is a stage of human sexuality. Sexuality and sexual desire usually begins to intensify along with the onset of puberty. The expression of sexual desire among adolescents (or anyone, for that matter), might be influenced by family values and the culture and religion they have grown up in (or as a backlash to such), social engineering, social control, taboos, and other kinds of social mores.
In contemporary society, adolescents also face some risks as their sexuality begins to transform. Whilst some of these such as emotional distress (fear of abuse or exploitation) and sexually transmitted diseases (including HIV/AIDS) may not necessarily be inherent to adolescence, others such as pregnancy (through failure or non-use of contraceptives) are seen as social problems in most western societies. In terms of sexual identity, all sexual orientations found in adults are also represented among adolescents.
According to anthropologist Margaret Mead and psychologist Albert Bandura, the turmoil found in adolescence in Western society has a cultural rather than a physical cause; they reported that societies where young women engaged in free sexual activity had no such adolescent turmoil.
In a 2008 study conducted by YouGov for Channel 4 20% of 14−17-year-olds surveyed revealed that they had their first sexual experience at 13 or under.The age of consent to sexual activity varies widely between international jurisdictions, ranging from 12 to 21 years. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adolescence)
According to this article, adolescence is the start of curiosity about sexuality. they begin to get involved with another person. thus, sex is very visible at this stage depending also to the people involve. but in reality, it is common nowadays to partners to get into that. so, contraceptives and birth control should be available in school clinics with also education behind it.

lxSxy

Posts : 1
Join date : 2009-02-15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

12) Should contraceptives and birth control information be made available to minors through school clinics? If so, at what age should they be available?

Post  Leigh Ferriols on Sun Feb 15, 2009 3:07 am

For me i do think that especially with our current generation, in which topics regarding sexuality is being more open to younger people, it is a must to equip them with the sufficient knowledge regarding it and that includes the possible diseases that they might acquire, an unplanned pregnancy and the option of the usage of contraceptives and birth controls. The information regarding these topics, in may opinion should be made available to the youth most especially to the adolescents wherein they are intensely curious, prefer active over passive learning experiences, prefer interaction with peers during learning activities, respond positively to opportunities to participate in real life situations, owing to their lack of experience are often impatient with the pace of change, underestimating the difficulties in making desired social changes, and are socially vulnerable because, as they develop their beliefs, attitudes, and values, the influence of media and negative experiences with adults and peers may compromise their ideals and values. (From the site: http://kendrik2.wordpress.com/2007/04/16/characteristics-of-adolescents/)

At this point in time, a teenager might be starting to think and consider about what it means to be involved in a sexual relationship. This is where the parents, guardian, a trusted adult, or a health care provider should take part in, as they could discuss with you all the choices, all the concerns and worries that you might be having, so you can make good decisions. This could be a very confusing time for the adolescents and it's always good to have someone to talk to. (From the site: http://www.youngwomenshealth.org/contra.html)

I, personally, wish to as much as possible someday, not to come up with a decision of making use of contraceptives and birth controls unless I'm already married and it really should be done or used, which means one shoudn't engage oneself to anything that is just out of curiosity or peer pressure and influence. However, people have different values, personalities, cultural background, etc. a different entity from all of us, therefore, it depends on the person him/herself as to deciding ways on how one would protect him/herself. afro

Leigh Anne Ferriols
BSN III -A


Last edited by Leigh Ferriols on Sun Feb 15, 2009 3:29 am; edited 1 time in total

Leigh Ferriols

Posts : 1
Join date : 2009-02-15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

How do you think children should be taught about sexual anatomy? When should this teaching begin?

Post  keisha.gregana on Sun Feb 15, 2009 3:22 am

study Many parents want to know at what age is it appropriate to start teaching their children about sex. What most of us don’t think about is that the question presumes that there is an age at which sexuality becomes important or “an issue”. This presumption is 100% wrong. Sexuality is an intrinsic part of who we are, from birth to death. And while our sexuality isn’t the same when we’re six as when we’re sixteen, or sixty, it is always there and always a part of us. Question So the question isn’t so much when to start talking with your children about sex, but how to do it at every age and stage of their lives.

Many, possibly most, parents are less than proactive in talking about sex with their children, and don’t deal with it until moments like these:
Your toddler begins exploring his or her body in public and you’re not sure how to deal with it.
You wonder at what point it’s “not okay” to let your child see you without clothes on.
Your child asks you where they came from or where other babies come from.
Your child begins to ask questions about their body and why it looks different from their brothers or sisters.

Each of these are important teaching moments, and if you want to avoid dealing with situations and questions at awkward or inconvenient times (say, in the middle of a holiday service, at a family dinner, or just as your rushing off to work) you’re best protection is to be proactive, and make space for sex talks on an ongoing basis. cheers

Teaching your children about sex should begin as soon as you’re communicating with them. If they have questions they’ll let you know. And even if they don’t, you can let them know that you’re open to the questions by including sex education in all the things you teach them.

A good example is body parts. A common early learning experience between parents and children is teaching the names of body parts. We all learn about our ears and eyes and nose and mouth. In fact we usually cover all the major parts of the body but many parents don’t include names for parts of the body they consider sexual (e.g. penis, nipples, vagina, etc…). They’ll ignore those parts of the body even while young children are learning about them by touching themselves. Arrow Make no mistake, children learn as much by what parents don’t talk to them about, as they do from what parents do tell them.

Of course talking with your children about sex is extremely difficult when you have questions of your own, and no comfort level or practice. But waiting doesn’t make it easier, and the most important thing for you to do is be willing to listen to your child and help them find answers even when you don’t have them.

Idea Idea Idea

From eighteen months to three years old.
During these years it’s important to teach your children the proper names for all their body parts, including their genitals. By making up names or ignoring these body parts altogether you send the message that there is something wrong with them and/or that they should be ignored. Sexual health is an important part of overall health, and to keep our children healthy they need to know about their whole bodies.

You can also begin to teach your children about the difference between private and public. One way to do this is to teach them about the parts of their body that are private and should only be touched by themselves (e.g. parts covered by a bathing suit). By making this distinction you are letting them know that there is nothing wrong with their bodies and that curiosity about their own bodies is healthy. But you are also teaching them that there is a time and place for exploration, and that they have the right to privacy and to be free from unwanted sexual touching.

Four to five years old.
Your task at this age is to both continue offering accurate information (e.g. about where babies come from, about the names not only for their own body parts but the body parts they don’t have but are seeing on others) and to help your children find and maintain limits or boundaries around exploration.

By Cory Silverberg, About.com
Updated: March 30, 2008
About.com Health's Disease and Condition content is reviewed by the Medical Review Board


Like a Star @ heaven In my own opinion, Teaching your children about sexual anatomy should begin as soon as you’re communicating with them and should be taught according to their growth stage's can only perceive and of course still considering the conservative aspect. Teaching them their sexual anatomy will do no harm to them. In fact, as what stated above "children learn as much by what parents don’t talk to them about, as they do from what parents do tell them". So why deprive them from learning? Rolling Eyes Parents might as well teach their child about certain things than have their child be misinformed by others. In line with this, parents should give emphasize on that its perfectly healthy for your child to want to touch their own genitals, but they need to learn that touching it in public isn’t okay Evil or Very Mad Like a Star @ heaven


Very Happy Gregana, Joaymah Keisha C.
BSN III - A Group 3

keisha.gregana

Posts : 1
Join date : 2009-02-15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Reply to Ms. ALLANIGUE, Larissa May D.

Post  John Patrick Munar on Sun Feb 15, 2009 4:29 am

I'll reply with what I said to ms. Jogno..

IMHO, the reason why people in the ancient times think that women who are menstruating are unclean is because they are not yet informed of the reason why women undergo menstruation and today, couples avoid having intercourse while a woman is menstruating is mainly because menstruation is ghastly with its odor and untidiness, imaging having sex with blood splattered everywhere.. silent

John Patrick Munar

Posts : 4
Join date : 2009-02-15
Age : 29
Location : Makati City

View user profile

Back to top Go down

an opinion.. =]

Post  jan_jebsen on Sun Feb 15, 2009 5:43 am

14) Do boys and girls differ in how important "being in love" is to their becoming sexual with each other? Is the saying true that "boys fall in love in order to get sex, while girls give sex in order to get love'?

As a guy, i can't really differentiate how a guy and a girl feels in terms of loving each other and becoming sexual. Since I can't be a guy and a girl at the same time but in my own opinion i do believe that they really do differs in some ways. I think women are more serious with their sexuality in terms of their ativities and that they are not willing to do it as long as they love the person while guys are more open to sexual activities eventhough without being inlove with each other, eventhough they are just acquantance or if they have just met. It's an ugly scenario but it is really happening. Our culture is known to be the more conservative one looking back to the maria clara era wherein a simple kiss is a no-no to unmarried couples but look at the youth today, when you go to the mall you'll see ladies with this micro mini shorts and it seems like the youth right now has been so liberated which we inherit from the western world and the vast influence of mass media which is very different from the old maria clara of the past.

It's not a good scenario but it is really happening nowadays. I believe that some men engage in relationship just for the purpose of having sex, its like a lifestyle of the present time. I, myself prefer not to engage in PMS but i really do think that it it really happening. Regarding the phrase "girls give sex in order to get love, in my own opinion, i think that they some do it as their choice and i also agree that they give sex to get love. Men are usually the more aggressive one in pursuading their partner to have sex and the women having the fear of being left by their boyfriends, then they engage into it. Statistics show an increased rate of teenage pregnancies worldwide, its a matter of choice. I believe that love is not measured on how far can you go giving yourselves to each other but rather how far you can wait until the right time is the thin the real essence of it.

Belated Happy valentines!


Like a Star @ heaven

jan_jebsen

Posts : 2
Join date : 2009-02-15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: BSN III-A's ANSWERS REGARDING THE TOPIC OF SEXUALITY

Post  jan_jebsen on Sun Feb 15, 2009 5:56 am

jannic wrote:12) Should contraceptives and birth control information be made available to minors through school clinics? If so, at what age should they be available?
In todays society we cannot help the curiosity that fogs the clouds the mind of the minors. So, for me contraceptives and birth control information should be available in any age group, to satisfy thier thirst for curiosity. Just the information...
But not to the extent of its use in pre-marital sex. Because it is not ment abide or tolerate for premarital sex. Cool

Like a Star @ heaven Jan Nicole S. Delicana BSN III-A Group 2 Like a Star @ heaven


In my opinion, in our country as conservative as ours. Legally it will not be possible since the church is a strong voice of our nation and that people supported what the church supported. I think that this should not be implemented, i disagree that contraceptives and birth control information be made available to minors through school clinics. Teaching the minors about contraception and birth control methods would even increase the incidence of premarital sex and could possibly increase the risk of sexually transmitted diseases since they know that they will be protected from getting pregnant and that they will be engaging in sexual intercourse much often and much earlier. Yes it can prevent teenage pregnancy but the message it bring to the youth. Wherein its like encouraging them to engage to it.

jan Jebsen Malimban, III-A

jan_jebsen

Posts : 2
Join date : 2009-02-15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

"Do boys and girls differ in how important "being in love" is to their becoming sexual with each other? Is the saying true that "boys fall in love in order to get sex, while girls give sex in order to get love'?"

Post  John Patrick Munar on Sun Feb 15, 2009 7:25 am

"Do boys and girls differ in how important "being in love" is to their becoming sexual with each other? Is the saying true that "boys fall in love in order to get sex, while girls give sex in order to get love'?"

This topic really interests me..

1) Do boys and girls differ in how important "being in love" is to their becoming sexual with each other?
The question asks the importance of "being in love" with regards to becoming sexual with each other, or in other words engaging to sexual activities. IMHO, sexual activities, or more specifically SEX, is commonly known to others as the expression of love with each other, but this activity varies almost to every people. Some people would say, "I only have sex with someone I love," or "I engage in sex with anyone because it brings unfathomable pleasure."

2) "Boys fall in love in order to get sex"
IMHO, being a guy as myself, I do not really agree to this statement. I myself fall in love with no strings attached, because I believe that their is more than just physical contact that being in love feels the void that's missing inside of me.

3) "girls give sex in order to get love"
I would like to ask my female classmates for this question.. hehe..

John Patrick Munar

Posts : 4
Join date : 2009-02-15
Age : 29
Location : Makati City

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: BSN III-A's ANSWERS REGARDING THE TOPIC OF SEXUALITY

Post  jezel cuyos on Sun Feb 15, 2009 9:39 am

Leuname wrote:
VeraMarieGasang wrote:

Our child’s sexual education begins soon after birth and continues throughout the early years. The positive attitudes and feelings we pass to our children through gentle touching, rocking and other signs of affection help to form
each child’s self-esteem. This self-esteem influences our son’s and daughter’s decisions during the later adolescent and adult years.
The preschooler needs to learn the proper names for parts of the body and where babies come from. Early use of anatomically correct terms such as penis, vagina and rectum show our children that these topics are open for discussion and are neither dirty nor embarrassing.
As the child enters grade school, the questions become more probing and certainly more interesting. This is an ideal time to show that no questions are off limits. At the very least, it is suggested the basics of reproduction be explained.
By age 10, puberty begins to take hold and body images begin to change. This is a time for attention to detail. Discussions about menstruation, puberty and sexually transmitted diseases are all appropriate. Being a good listener is essential along with a readiness to share your personal feelings. This is probably the most impressionable of times. It is at this educational level that we tend to differ from our European counterparts. The significantly lower numbers of teen pregnancies in Europe are not because of increased abortion rates or to an increased level of abstinence. The kids are simply better educated, have access to contraception and have protected sexual activities. Europeans start teaching their children about sex in kindergarten and the first grade. Having taught sex education to grade school kids, we can tell you that the children have already formulated specific views on sex by age 10 or 11. To make an impact, we definitely need to start early.
By age 12, discussions regarding sexual activity, erections, birth control, abortion, sexually transmitted diseases, abstinence and peer relationships should be emphasized. If one waits much beyond this time period, important beliefs and attitudes may be solidified and difficult to modify.
When is the best time to discuss sex and sexuality with your child? Earlier than you may think is necessary and at every chance you get!
Sex Education Pearls: By Age 5...sexual body parts, the right to say "no" to unwanted touching, know where babies come from. By Age 10... brief answers regarding reproduction, menstruation, changes to expect in puberty, begin discussing sexually transmitted diseases. By Age 12... basic sexuality with emphasis on normal feelings, erections & wet dreams, birth control, abortion, sexually transmitted diseases, how to say no, peer relationships.

by Craig R. Sweet, M.D.
& Larry Goldman, M.D.

Based on the said literature, in my own opinion knowledge is power and power allows children to make educated decisions that will affect the rest of their lives. First children should be taught in a manner that is both scientific and conservative. Words should be carefully chosen to avoid imparting the wrong impression. Questions regarding sex often are asked quite early and certainly when least expected. Early discussions are very important and show the child that they are an approachable parent. He or she will begin to build confidence about their answers and opinions and the confidence in discussing sex and sexuality will also grow. It’s good to encourage parents and educators to keep their minds open and to educate children at a younger age then they may have thought appropriate. Perhaps it is time to discuss the difficult issues of sex and to dispel the myths that promote unprotected intercourse for young teens which result in unintended pregnancies and sexually transmitted diseases. The topic should be discussed truthfully, open discussion and minimal criticism and judgment. Likewise, it is also the right of every parent to determine how and when their children should learn about sex and the consequences of sexual activity. If they do not talk about sex, it suggests to children that sex is bad or shouldn’t be discussed. When talking about sex, people need to remember to be both a listener and an educator. They need to discuss honestly such topics as penetration, orgasm, ejaculation, sexually transmitted diseases, homosexuality and masturbation. Always be honest, assume nothing and listen carefully to the questions. Remember, if people encourage children to openly ask questions about sex, they also ask questions about other important subjects. Being overly judgmental will quickly break down communication. This doesn’t mean that everything that children do or say is right, but there are ways to show concerns without being demeaning or judgmental.
Laughing Laughing

Sex education that works starts early, before young people reach puberty, and before they have developed established patterns of behaviour.The precise age at which information should be provided depends on the physical, emotional and intellectual development of the young people as well as their level of understanding. What is covered and also how, depends on who is providing the sex education, when they are providing it, and in what context, as well as what the individual young person wants to know about.

It is important not to delay providing information to young people but to begin when they are young. Providing basic information provides the foundation on which more complex knowledge is built up over time. This also means that sex education has to be sustained. For example, when they are very young, children can be informed about how people grow and change over time, and how babies become children and then adults, and this provides the basis on which they understand more detailed information about puberty provided in the pre-teenage years. They can also when they are young, be provided with information about viruses and germs that attack the body. This provides the basis for talking to them later about infections that can be caught through sexual contact.

Some people are concerned that providing information about sex and sexuality arouses curiosity and can lead to sexual experimentation. There is no evidence that this happens.18 19 It is important to remember that young people can store up information provided at any time, for a time when they need it later on.

Sometimes it can be difficult for adults to know when to raise issues, but the important thing is to maintain an open relationship with children which provides them with opportunities to ask questions when they have them. Parents and carers can also be proactive and engage young people in discussions about sex, sexuality and relationships. Naturally, many parents and their children feel embarrassed about talking about some aspects of sex and sexuality. Viewing sex education as an on-going conversation about values, attitudes and issues as well as providing facts can be helpful. The best basis to proceed on is a sound relationship in which a young person feels able to ask a question or raise an issue if they feel they need to. It has been shown that in countries like The Netherlands, where many families regard it as an important responsibility to talk openly with children about sex and sexuality, this contributes to greater cultural openness about sex and sexuality and improved sexual health among young people.

The role of many parents and carers as sex educators changes as young people get older and young people are provided with more opportunities to receive formal sex education through schools and community-settings. However, it doesn't get any less important. Because sex education in school tends to take place in blocks of time, it can't always address issues relevant to young people at a particular time, and parents can fulfill a particularly important role in providing information and opportunities to discuss things as they arise.

(http://www.avert.org/sexedu.htm)

In relation to Ms. Gasang's response to question number 2, I firmly believe that sex education/ anatomy should be started to children before puberty. The child's emotional, mental and physical development should be considered before starting discussions of sex education, specifically sexual anatomy. In addition, awareness of sexual anatomies of both male and female gives a brief introduction on facts regarding sexuality and changes to be encountered. Furthermore, facts that would be imparted to the young are suggested to be simple at first to avoid complexities that they may not quickly understand.

In my opinion, some fitting ways on teaching sexual anatomy or education are in the use of pictures starting with male/female genitalia. The truthfully knowledgeable sex educator will describe the genitalia pointing the parts, stating appropriate names of the parts and enumerate its uses. The learner should pronounce/write and explain the use well to validate good learning outcome. In addition, stressing good points on the facts of human genitalia or anatomy by pointing the parts of the child's genitalia are considerable since sexual curiosity is explored during the phallic stage of a preschooler/schooler. A good teaching method is through questions of what and do. Explore the child's maximum knowledge on functions of their genitalia by introducing questions like "Do you know the use of a penis?" or "What is the liquid commonly ejected by the penis?."


by: jezel cuyos
i do believe as well that sex education should be started during these stages. well, educating a child on this matter greatly depends on the parents. a child brought up in a loving, open and understanding family will never see this matter as malicious though, it is really a sensitive one. parents are obliged to support and guide their children in learning things and this includes sex education. though it may be really difficult, we have to admit that children should and must be educated in this matter since people are getting more vocal in this issue.

jezel cuyos

Posts : 2
Join date : 2009-02-15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

12) Should contraceptives and birth control information be made available to minors through school clinics? If so, at what age should they be available?

Post  Mikah on Sun Feb 15, 2009 9:48 am

If you're going to ask me, contraceptives should be made available to minors. I'm sure its going to bring out some ethical issues on my opinion, but practicaly contraceptives are needed this days for protection & pregnancy. let's face the truth, as time goes by people who engage in pre-marital sex are getting younger and younger. We have been having our duty on hospitals & lying ins, and what is the age of the youngest girl that we see in labor? Aroung 13? 14? or 15? This should be alarming for everyone. Teenage pregnancy can give grave threats to these women. Another fact is that the population of the Philippines is greatly increasing. In time the country will be over populated and cannot accomodate the people who live in it. Another reason for making contraceptives available for minors is that the spread of STD's are also an issue today. STD's are of no good to us. Prevention of STD's by the use of condoms is much easier to do that to practice abstinence. The truth is we are still human. Yes, we have our intellect for us to decide on what to do, what is right or what is wrong, but still sometimes, our urges overcome our thinking. Do you think it would be easier for one to celibate than to use contraceptives? In relation to prevention of STD's, let us remember that STD's are easilly spread and HIV/AIDS is pandemic. Practicing safe sex is better than not practicing it at all. I know that the Church is against the use of contraceptives because they say that the reason for sex is showing love and procreation. They say that by the use of contraceptives you are killing something that is given by God. What I say is, Why don't they ask the public? because, as you can see, people can't resist in having the urge of having sex. It would be practical if we are able to control the population in this simple manner rather than some women resort to abortion in their own ways.Making them availabe for Minors at the age of 13 should be done because teenager's are known to be curious and experiment things they do no know. Think of it as prevention and not enforcing them to pre-marital sex. Another thing is, preventing the comception differs from killing Well, that's my opinion and I will be happy to listen to your comments. TNX!!!

-Mikhail Christian M. Ragos (Mikah)
BSN III-A

Mikah

Posts : 1
Join date : 2009-02-15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  jezel cuyos on Sun Feb 15, 2009 10:15 am

"Do boys and girls differ in how important "being in love" is to their becoming sexual with each other? Is the saying true that "boys fall in love in order to get sex, while girls give sex in order to get love'?"

well, i've been in love but i dont know how love differs between a boy and a girl.. Very Happy

yes its true that premarital sex is very prevalent today. as a matter of fact, i know a lot of them (both boys and girls) since they confessed it all up to me. Laughing all of them have different reasons for engaging in premarital sex. some would say that they love their partner and they are willing to give everything for that person. some would just experiment and "feel the thrill" as they say.

ive read an article and it says:
[left]The Bible explains, "…The body is not meant for sexual immorality, but for the Lord, and the Lord for the body" (1 Corinthians 6:13). Verse 18 of this chapter goes on to say, "Flee from sexual immorality. All other sins a man commits are outside his body, but he who sins sexually sins against his own body." Galatians 5:19 speaks the same, "The acts of the sinful nature are obvious: sexual immorality, impurity…" Ephesians 5:3 says it most plainly, "But among you there must not be even a hint of sexual immorality, or of any kind of impurity, or of greed, because these are improper for God's holy people." From these verses, we see that the Bible promotes complete and total abstinence from premarital sex.

In discussing premarital sex, we often focus on the "recreation" aspect of it. Yes, sex is pleasurable. God, our Creator, designed it that way. It may be hard to think of God creating sex, but He did! In God's plan, sex was designed for married couples to enjoy the pleasure and excitement of sexual relations. The Bible talks about this in Hebrews 13:4, "Marriage should be honored by all, and the marriage bed kept pure, for God will judge the adulterer and all the sexually immoral." God created sex to be fun, exciting, and pleasurable. At the same time, though, it is clear in the Bible that God restricts sexual activity to married couples.

Why is this? Yes, sex is pleasurable, but in God's view, the primary purpose of sex is not recreation, but rather re-creation. In other words, sex is for reproduction. God does not limit sex to married couples to rob pleasure from those who are unmarried. Rather, God commands against premarital sex in order to protect unmarried people from unwanted pregnancies, from children born to parents who do not want them, and to protect children from parents who are not prepared for them. Imagine, for a moment, a world without premarital sex. There would be no sexually-transmitted diseases, there would be no un-wed mothers, there would be no unwanted pregnancies, there would be no abortions, etc. According to the Bible, abstinence is God's only policy when it comes to premarital sex. Abstinence saves lives, protects babies, gives sexual relations the proper value, and most importantly abstinence honors God. [left]

there, i guess that explains everything...it is really sad to know that people engaging in these acts are getting younger and younger. futhermore, people suffering from the consequences of these acts are getting younger and younger as well.

for me, whether you are very much attached in a relationship, if you respect your self and what has God given you as well, you wont get invlove in this activity. RESPECT on both sides is actually an issue here...

jezel cuyos

Posts : 2
Join date : 2009-02-15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

to arra

Post  princess on Sun Feb 15, 2009 12:05 pm

grabe nman opinion mo...hehe pro prehas tau opinion, may mga bgay tlaga na di hirap i-explain sa mga kids.
but they i think they hav the right to know....cguro ganito na lng...dhil nga sensitive yng topic about sex at curious tlaga yng mga kids about dun,,,sgutin na lng ntin cla using proper word...BAWAL yung word na "bird" w/c referred to penis....dpat "pennis na agad" kasi lalo lng malilito mga kids.

princess

Posts : 3
Join date : 2009-02-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

The text states that in ancient times a menstruating woman was regarded as unclean and dangerous and that, even today, many couples avoid having intercourse while a woman is menstruating. What are the reasons for these negative values? ...

Post  ivy jogno on Sun Feb 15, 2009 2:33 pm

The text states that in ancient times a menstruating woman was regarded as unclean and dangerous and that, even today, many couples avoid having intercourse while a woman is menstruating. What are the reasons for these negative values? What are your views about this statement?

According to:
http://www.health.arizona.edu/health_topics/sexual_health/sextalk/2007/sextalk.02.12.07.pdf

Menstrual fluid itself is not harmful. Having sex with a healthy, un-infected woman during her “period” is not dangerous. The key word is “healthy” and by that we mean uninfected with HIV or other sexually transmissible infections. We know that blood can carry infections such as hepatitis, HIV and other diseases. If a woman doesn’t have any blood-borne infections, then having sex during menstruation is not dangerous – it’s simply a personal choice.

Menstruation is the natural function of a non-pregnant female when the lining of the uterus is lost or “shed” because it is not needed to support a growing embryo or fetus. It typically occurs 14 days after ovulation and lasts three to five days. In some cultures, menstruation is accepted as a routine bodily function or even a spiritually powerful condition. In others, the predominant view is that menstruation is a negative, embarrassing, or dirty condition to be avoided and hidden from others.

Taboos surrounding menstruation and sex have existed since the times of the Old Testament. In the ancient Hebrew tradition, menstruating women were considered unclean during days of bleeding and for a week afterwards. Sexual intercourse during menstruation was absolutely forbidden. This belief is still customary in many cultures throughout the world.
`````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````
Misconception during the ancient time is very rampant because people have little knowledge on the 5 W’s and 1 H of the phenomenon that time. As for today’s situation and acquired knowledge some couple still disregard having an intercourse when their partner is having menstruation because it is not hygienic for the both of them aside from the mess it will cause to the place and the potential to stain the clothes or sheet; but for some they had the increased sex drive during this time as the result of hormonal changes and perhaps because a woman knows she is not pregnant, and is much less likely to become pregnant during her period.
In my opinion, the couple’s preference is still the most significant cause whether they’re going to have an intercourse or not. They should always assess their own outlook in life before doing so because it is their own body that is present in that act.
affraid

ivy jogno

Posts : 3
Join date : 2009-02-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

to jp's reaction and question...

Post  ivy jogno on Sun Feb 15, 2009 2:37 pm

In today’s situation “love” is no longer the real reason why boys and girls commit to sexual activities…it is more likely of having the experience that’s why premarital sex is very rampant to our country.

But for me, it is still a promising and a terrific decision to have sexual activity if you and your partner really love each other because it’s the most satisfying gift you could give to each other. (but still, it should be done after marriage…)
Basketball study

ivy jogno

Posts : 3
Join date : 2009-02-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

How do you think children should be taught about sexual anatomy? When should this teaching begin? reply to keisha

Post  marielle geronimo on Sun Feb 15, 2009 3:23 pm

I strongly agree that it is 100% wrong when we think that there is an age at which sexuality becomes important or “an issue”, because sexuality is an intrinsic part of who we are, from birth to death. I also believe that those topics must be taught as soon as parents started to communicate with their children. We are aware that children loves to explore new things, especially those that are accessible to them, more specifically their bodies. For this reason, parents should have the initiative to talk to their children regarding these matters. Ofcourse children will not ask their parents first, instead they will explore it by themselves and in worst situations, with others. If parents failed to recognize that their children are at this stage, that could have been a regret. Teaching about sexual matters is very important becuase it is better that they knew it from their parents so proper guidance and instructions should are imposed.

shalom!! Surprised

marielle geronimo

Posts : 2
Join date : 2009-02-15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

15) In your opinion, is there a prescribed age for a person to start engaging in sexual activities, like sexual intercourse? What are your basis for the prescription in the age? What is your view on teenagers engaging in sexual activities?

Post  marielle geronimo on Sun Feb 15, 2009 3:54 pm

According to different literatures I have read, there is no exact age for a person to start engaging in sexual activities. All I knew is that when you are already in the "marrying age" and after you get married, then you already have the right to engage in sexual intercourse (ofcourse with your husband or wife). I am against teenagers who engage in pre-marital sex. It would not cost good to them and basically, these teeneagers are still immature and do not have the capabilities in establishing a family in terms of psychological, physiological, spiritual and financial aspects.



As written in Corinthians 6:18-20: 18 Don't be immoral in matters of sex. That is a sin against your own body in a way that no other sin is. 19 you surely know that your body is a temple where the Holy Spirit lives and is a gift from God. You are no longer your own. 20 God paid a great price for you. So use you body to honor God.


We are here to honor and glorify God and not to engage in worldly acts.

marielle geronimo

Posts : 2
Join date : 2009-02-15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

"Having an intercourse during a menstrual period is often seen by men and many couples view it as messy and sloppy and it leads to avoidance of intimate activities for hygienic reasons". -jannic

Post  VeraMarieGasang on Mon Feb 16, 2009 8:27 am

TO JAN NICOLE
"Having an intercourse during a menstrual period is often seen by men and many couples view it as messy and sloppy and it leads to avoidance of intimate activities for hygienic reasons".

-- yes i agree.. It is dirty and unhygienic. Sexual intercourse is something intimate and full of love not messing up with each other. Smile hehehe I love you

VeraMarieGasang

Posts : 6
Join date : 2009-02-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

15) In your opinion, is there a prescribed age for a person to start engaging in sexual activities, like sexual intercourse? What are your basis for the prescription in the age? What is your view on teenagers engaging in sexual activities?

Post  cams on Mon Feb 16, 2009 9:40 am

For me, Sex is a good thing. It must be, if God created it! The only way to keep it a “good thing” is to follow God's guidelines.The proper time and place for a person to engage in sex— MARRIAGE. I have here two basic reasons to save sex for marriage: (1) God tells us to, and (2) God's purpose and design for sex cannot be fully achieved any other way, only through marriage!

Gold is beautiful to look at, but God clearly did not want His people worshipping it. Sex is no different. God created it, and therefore it is reasonable to expect that it is good. But when man distorts it by ignoring God's specific standards, it becomes harmful and destructive.According to Proverbs 16:25, "We can choose to do things God's way, and experience the beauty of His plan, or we can choose to do things our way, and experience harm and destruction".

The physical consequences of sex outside marriage are becoming increasingly obvious and increasingly dangerous in today's society. AIDS and other Sexually Transmitted Diseases are frightening realities. “Safe sex” is more accurately described as “reduced risk sex.” The only truly safe sex is abstinence.

Sex outside of marriage also damages the relationship between the persons involved. If a man or woman has previously had sex with someone else, their marital intimacy has already been affected. One or both spouses will have to deal with real or perceived comparisons with “former lovers” and feeling that intimacy was not important enough for the other person to wait for it. But if both have waited for their wedding night, the intimacy has already begun with a solid foundation.

"But we're in love!" some might say. Maybe so, but if one believes in God's definition of love, he must realize that love is patient and kind; it does not seek to please itself, nor does it delight in evil, but is always hopeful (1 Corinthians 13). True love would be patient in waiting for the proper time for sex.True love would be unselfish in placing God's desires and the needs of others above itself. It would not delight in the evil of disobedience, nor would it force another to disobey God. Love could never be a reason for premarital sex; rather, it should be one of the greatest reasons to avoid premarital sex.
[strike][u]

My view on the non-virgins? I still don`t think that it make them any less of a person besides, I am no where near perfect! I`m in no position to judge, so I still do respect them. Certainly, a person cannot reverse the past, if they already forfeited their sexual purity then the least that you/we could do is to acknowledge the action as a sin. CONFESS, man! Then stay pure from thee moment forward. Kanya-kanyang trip lang yan. We all have free will, anyway. Your choice.

Let`s all confess! LOL

KABAMALAN, CAMILLE BETTINA D.
BSN III-A


Last edited by cams on Mon Feb 16, 2009 9:43 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : FDAYK adjf uiwgecfyubw)

cams

Posts : 3
Join date : 2009-02-15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

* Reply with quote * * * * Should contraceptives and birth control information be made available to minors through school clinics? If so, at what age should they be available

Post  cams on Mon Feb 16, 2009 9:54 am

virra wrote:In my opinion, contraceptives and birth control information should be made available to minors because it promote safe sex and discouraging pregnancy. By giving them information, they are having an idea on how to prevent pregnancy. Teens nowadays have already accepted the idea of having sex at younger and younger ages. If a minor has no job, education or money to have a child then they don't have the ritgh to have sex. Except from school, it is also the parents responsibility to talk to their child regarding sex. Each child grows and matures at his or her own pace. Arriving at sexual maturity is a matter of development over a period of years and as a result of many influences. The most significant influence is the family, especially the parents
of the individual. Parents have a particular and vested love for the child. Parents are in the best position to be aware of a child's psychological and emotional growth, of a child's gradually ncreasing awareness of himself or herself as a sexual person, male or female.For me contraceptives and birth control information should be given to teens who are at the age of 12 to 18 since teenage pregancies nowadays are common.

I got your point Virra Smile
But, my opinion-- Its like promoting sex to the minors if contraceptives are readily made available in SCHOOL CLINICS, FOR MINORS. For me, the better option is that the school give information about the CONSEQUENCES after having sex, So that the minors will be friggin' scared if they go have sex with someone, so they'll stop hahaha! As what I have said in my entry, SAFE SEX (like, using condoms and withdrawal, calendar method and so on..) just means "reduced-pregnancy risk". REDUCED lang. Wink Still, the real SAFE SEX is ABSTINENCE. It's better than using condom Wink

Whoaa. Is this me. haha.

cams

Posts : 3
Join date : 2009-02-15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: BSN III-A's ANSWERS REGARDING THE TOPIC OF SEXUALITY

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum